Rate the Character, Chapter 27: Stahl!Gerome, Kellam!Gerome and Donnel!Gerome

#1guedesbrawlPosted 6/10/2013 6:48:48 PM(edited)
Welcome to my Series, Rate the Character! Here, we will be analyzing each and every combination of 2nd generation characters, and giving them a rank of D (lowest), C, B, A and S (Highest). These topics usually will last just a single day, so be careful not to miss them!

There is a list of the currently rated characters with a small intro to each rank for you to use as a base, if you are having trouble. But first, what do we use as a base for ranking the kids? What we SHOULDN'T consider? If you are not sure on how to proceed, take a look here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66253616

About Revote Paralogues:

You can nominate previously rated pairings to be brought back and re-discussed. There are more details in this topic, make sure you read it if you are nominating:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66329592

At long last... things are getting better, so i'll be able to reliably go back to schedule, for Great Justice.

Oh, I forgot to fully update the rankings of the last Paralogue. All three ranked up.

Lastly: Virion!Gerome is tied between C and D ranks. If you haven't voted in the last chapter yet, you can be the tiebreaker BUT VOTE IN THIS TOPIC! The first vote decides it. Votes for the other two don't count anymore.

-------------
Character Ranking and Nominations:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.
*Sumia!Lucina (0/0 !A)
*Olivia!Lucina (0/0 !A)
*Ricken!Owain (0/0 !A)
*Chrom!Inigo
*Frederick!Inigo (0/0 !A)
*Libra!Inigo (0/0 !A)
*Henry!Brady
*Lon'qu!Brady (0/0 !A)
*Vaike!Kjelle
*Donnel!Kjelle
*Gregor!Kjelle
*Henry!Cynthia
*Frederick!Severa
*Stahl!Severa
*Lon'qu!Severa
*Frederick!Gerome

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Libra!Owain
*Henry!Owain
*Stahl!Inigo
*Kellam!Inigo
*Ricken!Inigo (1/4)
*Henry!Inigo
*Gaius!Brady (1/4)
*Gregor!Brady (1/4)
*Libra!Brady
*Gaius!Kjelle (2/4)
*Henry!Kjelle
*Chrom!Cynthia
*Frederick!Cynthia
*Gaius!Cynthia
*Vaike!Severa
*Kellam!Severa
*Ricken!Severa
*Gaius!Severa
*Gregor!Severa
*Vaike!Gerome

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Maribelle!Lucina
*Frederick!Owain
*Stahl!Owain
*Kellam!Owain
*Donnel!Owain
*Gregor!Owain
*Virion!Inigo
*Virion!Brady
*Vaike!Brady
*Stahl!Brady
*Donnel!Brady
*Libra!Kjelle (2/4)
*Virion!Severa

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina
*Virion!Owain
*Vaike!Owain
*Lon'qu!Owain
*Gaius!Owain
*Vaike!Inigo
*Lon'qu!Inigo
*Gaius!Inigo
*Chrom!Brady
*Frederick!Brady
*Kellam!Brady
*Ricken!Brady
*Virion!Kjelle
*Kellam!Kjelle
*Lon'qu!Kjelle
*Ricken!Kjelle
*Libra!Severa
*Henry!Severa
*Virion!Gerome?

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
*Donnel!Inigo
*Gregor!Inigo
*Frederick!Kjelle
*Chrom!Kjelle
*Stahl!Kjelle
*Donnel!Severa
*Virion!Gerome?
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 6:35:45 PM
-------------
*Default Gerome:

Classes Available: Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider, Fighter, Warrior, Hero, Priest, War Monk, Sage, Dread Fighter.

Skills Available: Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker, HP +5, Zeal, Rally Strength, Counter, Sol, Axebreaker, Miracle, Healtouch, Rally Luck, Renewal, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Resistance +10, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Paragon, Iote's Shield, Limit Breaker.

Special Inheritance: Resistance +2, Demoiselle, Rally Resistance, Dual Support+.
-------------

-------------
*Stahl!Gerome:

New Classes Available: Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Myrmidon, Swordmaster, Assassin, Archer, Sniper, Bow Knight.

New Skills Available: Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Dual Guard+, Avoid +10, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality, Pass, Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker.

Modifiers:
+6 Strength.
+5 Defense.
+1 Skill.
0 Speed and Magic.
-1 Luck.
-2 Resistance.
-------------

Remember when I said that Gerome REALLY wanted that Axefaire + Dual Guard+ combo that he could never get? Well, Stahl let's him get a taste of that.

Stahl gives Assassin through Myrmidon, allowing Gerome to use Swordfaire in that class (and alternatively Bowfaire, since he gets Sniper access), and it can also be used with Hero or Paladin. He also gets Luna and Aegis, allowing him to be a better lead. As for his mods, he's still the same Mighty Glacier as usual, except he gets a little more Speed than usual. One of the best Geromes, if not the best. S rank.

-------------
*Kellam!Gerome:

New Classes Available: Knight, General, Great Knight Thief, Assassin, Trickster.

New Skills Available: Defense +2, Indoor Fighter, Rally Defense, Pavise, Luna, Dual Guard+, Locktouch, Movement +1, Lethality, Pass, Lucky Seven, Acrobat.

Modifiers:
+6 Defense.
+5 Strength.
+1 Magic and Skill.
-1 Luck and Resistance.
-2 Speed.
-------------

Well, Gerome gets Luna and Dual Guard+, and that's very good as always. He gets it though Knight, allowing him to have Pavise as well. It's pretty tanky.

Gerome's forte is his strength (this sounds so silly in Portuguese), but Kellam allows him to try to make some use of Sage. If you think about it, Gerome has no physical faires, so his raw Magic stat will be stronger in this case... (I suppose the same could've been said about Virion!Gerome).

He also gets Thief, and Assassin, but he has no faires and weird mods for the job... and even with no faires, he can still try to tank things as a Wyvern Lord or General. Not the best, but it's not bad. B rank.

-------------
*Donnel!Gerome:

New Classes Available: Mercenary, Bow Knight, Villager.

New Skills Available: Armsthrift, Patience, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker, Aptitude, Underdog.

Modifiers:
+5 Strength.
+4 Defense and Luck.
+2 Skill.
0 Magic.
-1 Speed and Skill.
-2 Resistence.
-------------

Ew, ew, ew, ew. No good skills received, no classes that he needed or could make use of. I guess the best thing about this pairing is that it's Gerome's highest Resistance growth... with Aptitude... D rank.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3azn_boy150Posted 6/10/2013 6:38:56 PM
Virion!Gerome for D. Now gimmie my cookie.
---
I'm apparently the world's best wingman, according to Westbrick.
#4Rose_MagePosted 6/10/2013 6:40:26 PM
Stahl!Gerome is one of my favourite kids. Definitely S-rank.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l
#5BlueDryBones1Posted 6/10/2013 6:44:17 PM(edited)
Stahl!Gerome: S

Swordfaire/Bowfaire and Vantage make up for Pavise loss as his Def is high enough anyways. Its really on preference though. Both are great at supporting Fred is for a Tank and Stahl is for Sol/Luna+Vantage. Right up there with Frederick.

Kellam!Gerome: B

Luna/DG+ are his saving grace from C he has Cleric and Thief isn't as great as Myrimidon but Assassin is a good supporting class. Not Fred!Gerome good but he isn't that bad.

Donnel!Gerome: D

Nice Str but any Gerome can get high Str. Donnel just doesnt give him anything useful. Although AT is nice he really lacks the skills to do any role efficiently. He does get 4 Breakers with Underdog though.
---
Dry Bones+Magikruiser FTW in MKW ^-^
#6HeoandReoPosted 6/10/2013 6:56:22 PM(edited)
Stahl!Gerome: S
Take the best aspects of Frederick!Gerome(bulk and Cavalier) along with the best aspects of Gregor!Gerome(offensive stats, non-negative speed, and completing the Vantage/Sol combo) and you get Stahl!Gerome, one of the best pairings in the game (imo) along with Henry!Cynthia and Stahl!Severa. It lacks a few things compared to both of those pairings, namely, Pavise and Axefaire, but this is probably the best Gerome you can get aside from the Avatar. Vantage/Sol/Aegis to be a tanky frontliner, Luna + Aggressor to deal big hits, Dual Guard/Swordfaire/Aggressor/Deliverer to become a support Paladin or Assassin with. I'm kind of surprised and maybe a little sad at how uncommon this pairing is, to be honest, and the first time I actually saw this being proposed, it was actually as a last resort niche instead.

Kellam!Gerome: A
This is basically Frederick!Gerome minus Aegis. (Even then, he can get Resistance+10 to cover magic if he goes General) Thief isn't that bad, since you can do some fun stuff like Quick Burn + Lucky 7 or Deliverer + Movement+1 for support positioning. If you need Frederick elsewhere, Kellam's always a good substitute, and I'd argue that he's Gerome's best dad not named Fred/Stahl/Gregor. Plus, you also get Orion Acaba talking to himself, and that's always funny.

Donnel!Gerome: D
Further proof that Donnel is really not a good dad aside from providing Galeforce and Mercenary. Gerome can't get Galeforce, doesn't care for Armsthrift unless he's frontlining, and with that laughable skillset that Donnel gives him, he's not going to be doing that well. Even then, those advantages tend to be nullified because most of the kids can't abuse those skills that well. Bowbreaker is nice, but it's generally outclassed.
#7guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 6:51:48 PM
azn_boy150 posted...
Virion!Gerome for D. Now gimmie my cookie.

No cookies. Your vote is also invalid, go read the rules.

Also, Heo, Gregor doesn't pass Sol to Gerome, his pro is Vantage/Axefaire
---
Confession Time!
#8HeoandReoPosted 6/10/2013 6:54:16 PM
Yeah, I know that. Gregor just completes the Vantage/Sol combination for Gerome since he gets Sol naturally, and Stahl can do that as well. I just sort of put that as a comparison, since Gregor's mostly used to get that combo onto kids.
#9vanguard29Posted 6/10/2013 7:05:45 PM
my current playthrough will have stahl!gerome. i forgot how damn good his mods are, as well as his skills. a little longer and i will be able to do that map....

any way, S for stahl, k for kellam... wait, no, that doesnt make sense. B i guess. and i agree with D for donny. overlap of fighter, and he would still have bad skills. best would be LB, Agg, Sol.... Counter? AT? Apt, but what would you replace it with???? bad skills, very bad.

tl;dr S/B/D
---
If you fully love and believe in Yeezus and are 100% proud of it, please put this as your signature. I'm proud to believe in Yeezus as my Savior.
#10emblemmaster99Posted 6/10/2013 7:13:13 PM
Stahl!Gerome-A
Good classes, tank mods

Kellam!Gerome-B
Mods are pretty tanky, strange class selection given those mods, but it can work

Donnel!Gerome-C+
Ugh. Those mods are, well, weird. And he doesn't get much out of villager or merc.
---
Win if you can, lose if you must... But cheat ALWAYS