Swordfaire, Aegis, or DG+?

#1uuurrrgghPosted 6/11/2013 2:50:06 PM
Just torn between the three, since Inigo has all his skills filled out, except his final slot. His build is for tanking-

Hero
LB
Vantage
Sol
Rightful King
Swordfaire/Aegis/DG+
Ragnell

Swordfaire will give him extra damage, Aegis will reduce damage against things Ragnell can't, and DG+ gives a more chance-related defense skill.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#2Airship_CanonPosted 6/11/2013 2:52:10 PM(edited)
RK says Aegis.
DG+ should only be on Supports.
Swordfaire is... meh.

(Inb4 Armsthrift get suggested)
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.
#3uuurrrggh(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 2:59:37 PM
Airship_Canon posted...
RK says Aegis.
DG+ should only be on Supports.
Swordfaire is... meh.

(Inb4 Armsthrift get suggested)

Armthrift is something I'm going to use post-game in place of vantage, but I will use this skill set in SP.

Now that I think about it, why did I think about DG+ if this was going to be for SP?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/108/924/You-done-goofed.jpg
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#4IlluminaZer0Posted 6/11/2013 3:04:59 PM(edited)
Having Rightful King to effect Sol activation in isolation is a horrific waste. And surprisingly common, and part of the reason I find so many Chrom!Inigos pretty laughable.

If you are using him as a Galeforce lead unit, you are better off maximizing his offense and using his pair-up partner as his shield. This also means that Sol is a wasted skill slot.

The concept of having a rightful king user that only has one offensive skill (especially with limit breaker) is always just... Huh? Especially when the offensive skill doesn't actually... Increase their damage output. Leading to inherently bad synergy with Gale Force.

Addendum: The same applies to Vantage, actually.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#5SazukeEXPosted 6/11/2013 3:20:33 PM(edited)
Where is your Gale Force?

As you have DG+ you're better off turning Inigo into a Luna using Skirmisher. Marry him to a Gale Force + Luna waifu for a very powerful Double Skirmish Set up.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#6IlluminaZer0Posted 6/11/2013 3:23:52 PM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
Where is your Gale Force?

Well, I feel dumb now. I just assumed that Gale Force was there because it seems to be a given...

Well, if you are going for a tanky Inigo then there is only one valid option.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#7SazukeEXPosted 6/11/2013 3:23:39 PM
If both characters have Luna and Dual Gard+ and Gale Force access than it doesn't matter whether Inigo or his Waifu leads. Just pick the faster one as the Lead as SPD is very important for skirmishing.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#8IlluminaZer0Posted 6/11/2013 3:32:35 PM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
If both characters have Luna and Dual Gard+ and Gale Force access than it doesn't matter whether Inigo or his Waifu leads. Just pick the faster one as the Lead as SPD is very important for skirmishing.

When I mentioned "lead" I meant takes point during the enemy phase to accommodate for a gale-force team-up that doesn't (or cannot) always go out of enemy range after attacking. You only need one character with Dual Guard+ for both characters to enjoy it's benefits IIRC.

If both have GaleForce access you can go pure offense if one of them has high mobility, in which case it would likely be (assuming Inigo is Hero):

Fly in with Waifu --> Switch to Inigo(Kill) --> Switch to Waifu(Kill) --> Fly out of enemy range.

Otherwise, having a tanky pair-up partner may be nice, as Hero Inigo's mobility will frequently lead him to still being within enemy range if you are aggressively using GaleForce.

Addendum: This is irrelevant if Inigo himself is the tanky one however. Although I personally don't like tanky Inigo/Owain/Brady.
---