discussion: is Chrom the worst unit in the game?

#1EndgamePosted 6/13/2013 10:07:21 AM
oh yeah, I'm serious

1. he's forced on you in every battle, you cannot bench him for a more useful unit

I don't think I need to go into too much detail on this one

2. his competitors for the title, Ricken, Virion, and Anna, are all offensively superior to him

Chrom gets +1 Str and no faires

Virion and Anna have 0 Mag, Ricken has +2 Mag, all three have access to Sage, which gives them access to Tomefaire, essentially giving them +5 and +7 Mag

and as all should be aware by now, magic > weapons in this game, so.....

furthermore, Ricken gets access to Luna, which is better than Aether because it has twice the activation rate

3. he's not tank material

units inferior to Chrom offensively like Kellam can at least tank, Chrom has -1 Def and -1 Res.....

what's that? he has Great Knight? oh, you mean that class that has not one, but TWO types of weapons effective against it and is tied with a few other classes for worst Res in the game?! yeah.....

so what do you think, Sorcerer Emblem board? is the next Exalt the worst unit in the game? or do you have anything that I may have overlooked that makes Chromykins better than another unit?
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#2bellagio23Posted 6/13/2013 10:08:58 AM
Yup he sucks. Still nothing is worse than Virion.
---
Users that don't know what the word troll means.
delarosa1101(Purgatory), palazzio65, morganvonveb(Banned), Storm-Cloud(Suspended). That is what happens.
#3Rideps1Posted 6/13/2013 10:10:39 AM
You should pull off the last part of 2 since Chrom can get Luna as well.

And yes he does suck. Even worse than Virion with his no activation skills
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Saxon/Palazzo, 2016.
#4WestbrickVIIPosted 6/13/2013 10:26:46 AM
He's one of the best units in the game.

1. No one cares about postgame. By definition, the game is already over by that point. Unless you feel making Apotheosis easier is more valuable than making the main campaign easier, how Chrom fares with excessive grinding is irrelevant.

2. Having his own deploy slot is a positive, not a negative. It means that unlike every other unit in the game, Chrom isn't vying for deployment, meaning he will always be fielded and always have access to combat, experience, and levels.

3. Tied for best in-game availability.

4. Speedy, solid bases, and provides very nice Pair Up bonuses.

5. Auto S-Rank at the end of Ch.11.
---
If you believe in the Lord FE7 and you accept FE7 as the Savior of video games and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5guedesbrawlPosted 6/13/2013 10:38:27 AM
Able to use far more than 5 weapons per chapter due to convoy is a definitive plus.

Great Knight isn't bad due to what you listed: Chrom should be using Aegis if he's leading, so the RES problems are somewhat solved. Unless we are talking about fliers, effective damage is laughable: you are almost NEVER finding enemies with those. And you have the rest of your team to deal with the one or maybe two enemies.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#6OtakuGameraPosted 6/13/2013 10:40:29 AM
chapter 8 in and he's beastly, great speed, great strength, great defense, great support for pair in (+5 spd) and great growths, often gets full house on stats other than mag and res.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#7SummonearthPosted 6/13/2013 10:53:14 AM
He is obviously not the best unit, but he is definitely not the worst.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#8SlashReturnsPosted 6/13/2013 10:56:02 AM
Def not the best, but since you are FORCED to use him, he gets Dual Attack+ and Guard+, so he makes a decent pally support.
---
I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3
Black 2 FC: 5287-2421-2364
#9qwertyman2002Posted 6/13/2013 10:58:37 AM
He has Dual Strike+ and Dual Guard+

Even if you're stuck with him every fight, you could easily relegate him to support fodder Paladin/Great Knight and he'll be more useful than 1/2 of the 1st gens.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif
Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!
#10Rose_MagePosted 6/13/2013 11:03:19 AM
Not at all.
---
R ~ Official Beth of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
http://fav.me/d5g7w6l