1. he's forced on you in every battle, you cannot bench him for a more useful unit
I don't think I need to go into too much detail on this one
2. his competitors for the title, Ricken, Virion, and Anna, are all offensively superior to him
Chrom gets +1 Str and no faires
Virion and Anna have 0 Mag, Ricken has +2 Mag, all three have access to Sage, which gives them access to Tomefaire, essentially giving them +5 and +7 Mag
and as all should be aware by now, magic > weapons in this game, so.....
furthermore, Ricken gets access to Luna, which is better than Aether because it has twice the activation rate
3. he's not tank material
units inferior to Chrom offensively like Kellam can at least tank, Chrom has -1 Def and -1 Res.....
what's that? he has Great Knight? oh, you mean that class that has not one, but TWO types of weapons effective against it and is tied with a few other classes for worst Res in the game?! yeah.....
so what do you think, Sorcerer Emblem board? is the next Exalt the worst unit in the game? or do you have anything that I may have overlooked that makes Chromykins better than another unit? --- I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
Yup he sucks. Still nothing is worse than Virion. --- Users that don't know what the word troll means. delarosa1101(Purgatory), palazzio65, morganvonveb(Banned), Storm-Cloud(Suspended). That is what happens.
1. No one cares about postgame. By definition, the game is already over by that point. Unless you feel making Apotheosis easier is more valuable than making the main campaign easier, how Chrom fares with excessive grinding is irrelevant.
2. Having his own deploy slot is a positive, not a negative. It means that unlike every other unit in the game, Chrom isn't vying for deployment, meaning he will always be fielded and always have access to combat, experience, and levels.
3. Tied for best in-game availability.
4. Speedy, solid bases, and provides very nice Pair Up bonuses.
5. Auto S-Rank at the end of Ch.11. --- If you believe in the Lord FE7 and you accept FE7 as the Savior of video games and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Able to use far more than 5 weapons per chapter due to convoy is a definitive plus.
Great Knight isn't bad due to what you listed: Chrom should be using Aegis if he's leading, so the RES problems are somewhat solved. Unless we are talking about fliers, effective damage is laughable: you are almost NEVER finding enemies with those. And you have the rest of your team to deal with the one or maybe two enemies. --- Confession Time! jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
chapter 8 in and he's beastly, great speed, great strength, great defense, great support for pair in (+5 spd) and great growths, often gets full house on stats other than mag and res. --- PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697 http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
Def not the best, but since you are FORCED to use him, he gets Dual Attack+ and Guard+, so he makes a decent pally support. --- I am Inigo. Ladies, smile you are all beautiful!/Official Husbando of Nah<3 Black 2 FC: 5287-2421-2364
Even if you're stuck with him every fight, you could easily relegate him to support fodder Paladin/Great Knight and he'll be more useful than 1/2 of the 1st gens. --- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/qwertyman/caterpie.gif Hey look, it's qwertyman2002, let's read his posts!