Rate the Character, Chapter 30:Frederick!Yarne, Virion!Yarne and Vaike!Yarne

#1guedesbrawlPosted 6/13/2013 7:39:36 PM
Welcome to my Series, Rate the Character! Here, we will be analyzing each and every combination of 2nd generation characters, and giving them a rank of D (lowest), C, B, A and S (Highest). These topics usually will last just a single day, so be careful not to miss them!

There is a list of the currently rated characters with a small intro to each rank for you to use as a base, if you are having trouble. But first, what do we use as a base for ranking the kids? What we SHOULDN'T consider? If you are not sure on how to proceed, take a look here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66253616

About Revote Paralogues:

You can nominate previously rated pairings to be brought back and re-discussed. There are more details in this topic, make sure you read it if you are nominating:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66329592

I made a serious mistake by trying to rush the topic... and it went badly: Laurent with Yarne's Classes/Skills and Frederick!Gerome's mods...

Sorry. Here's how it should have been from the start:

-------------
Character Ranking and Nominations:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.
*Sumia!Lucina (0/0 !A)
*Olivia!Lucina (0/0 !A)
*Ricken!Owain (0/0 !A)
*Chrom!Inigo
*Frederick!Inigo (0/0 !A)
*Libra!Inigo (0/0 !A)
*Henry!Brady
*Lon'qu!Brady (0/0 !A)
*Vaike!Kjelle
*Donnel!Kjelle
*Gregor!Kjelle
*Henry!Cynthia
*Frederick!Severa
*Stahl!Severa
*Lon'qu!Severa (1/4)
*Frederick!Gerome
*Stahl!Gerome
*Gregor!Gerome

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Libra!Owain
*Henry!Owain
*Stahl!Inigo
*Kellam!Inigo
*Ricken!Inigo (1/4)
*Henry!Inigo
*Gaius!Brady (1/4)
*Gregor!Brady (2/4)
*Libra!Brady
*Gaius!Kjelle (4/4)
*Henry!Kjelle
*Chrom!Cynthia
*Frederick!Cynthia
*Gaius!Cynthia
*Vaike!Severa
*Kellam!Severa
*Ricken!Severa
*Gaius!Severa
*Gregor!Severa
*Vaike!Gerome

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Maribelle!Lucina
*Frederick!Owain
*Stahl!Owain (1/4)
*Kellam!Owain
*Donnel!Owain
*Gregor!Owain
*Virion!Inigo
*Virion!Brady
*Vaike!Brady
*Stahl!Brady
*Donnel!Brady
*Libra!Kjelle (2/4)
*Virion!Severa
*Kellam!Gerome
*Lon'qu!Gerome
*Ricken!Gerome
*Gaius!Gerome
*Henry!Gerome

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina
*Virion!Owain
*Vaike!Owain
*Lon'qu!Owain
*Gaius!Owain
*Vaike!Inigo
*Lon'qu!Inigo
*Gaius!Inigo
*Chrom!Brady
*Frederick!Brady
*Kellam!Brady
*Ricken!Brady
*Virion!Kjelle
*Kellam!Kjelle
*Lon'qu!Kjelle
*Ricken!Kjelle
*Libra!Severa
*Henry!Severa
*Libra!Gerome

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
*Donnel!Inigo
*Gregor!Inigo
*Frederick!Kjelle
*Chrom!Kjelle
*Stahl!Kjelle
*Donnel!Severa
*Virion!Gerome
*Donnel!Gerome
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2Model_OmegaPosted 6/13/2013 7:46:39 PM
Freddy!Yarne: Usually my go to Yarne, as I'm pretty lazy with Panne's pairing and I'm not a fan of Freddy's -2 speed mod on anyone, instant Pavise/Aegis, great mods (but really anyone gives Yarne great mods with Panne's involved) Deliverer and Dual Gaurd go great in support. S
Virion!Yarne:Lifetaker adds self heal, but with only Lethality for offensive power this Yarne won't be able to take advantage of it, I guess he could be a good bow user with Counter/Pass but there isn't enough umph to go with it, C
The Vaike!Yarne: Sol, that's it, that's all you get, and great mods, but only Ricken and Libra don't give Yarne great mods, B
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#3guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:51:26 PM
No... I had this section all written up but I CLOSED THE FREAKIN' WINDOW!!!

gah. Go look at Serenes forest for this one.I'll be doing the usual breakdown of each pairing... some 18 hours from now or so.

A/C/D
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#4Im_GregorPosted 6/13/2013 8:30:16 PM
A/B/B
---
You shall now do the referring to Gregor as "Captain Gregor"
The current ruler of Regna Ferox
#5HeoandReoPosted 6/13/2013 9:09:35 PM
I'll just preface this with my own observations on Yarne.

Yarne basically has the opposite problem of Kjelle, in that he has great stats, but starts with probably the most unfortunate selection of classes available. Taguel is garbage, and Thief isn't particularly useful to have unless you have other stuff to go with it. Berserker is nice, but aside from support, its utility is limited. So for the most part, what I'm looking for is classes to help him out, because he is not going to be doing much unless he gets a good father.

Frederick!Yarne: A
Probably one of the best dads for his class set. Fred gives him Pavise/Aegis and re-access to the Wyvern class tree to abuse Axefaire with. He basically just ends up as a better Frederick, which isn't bad by any means. He can even frontline a little bit with Pavise/Aegis and maybe something like Quick Burn/Lucky 7 to be a physical and a dodge tank.

Virion!Yarne: B
Actually not bad. Bowfaire is nice to be a Warrior/Assassin pair-up with, and again he appreciates getting Wyvern. Mage is kind of dead weight, but it's alright for utility purposes.

Vaike!Yarne: C
So, uh... just Sol, and uh... just Sol I guess. I did this pairing my first time around and I'm still regretting it. Vaike already has a pretty bad class set in comparison to some of the others. Yarne already has two of those classes to make it even worse. Not even 6 strength, 4 skill and 5 speed can save this.
#6vanguard29Posted 6/13/2013 9:33:29 PM
Freddy boy!Yarne: A. P.A.L. (a new acronym. Pavise Aegis Luna. feel free to use it :)) also very good str, skill, and D. and freddy boy's terribad -2 speed is tolerable as yarne's +2 speed. through on LB and agg, and we have a winner.

Vaike!Yarne: Good Str and speed. i dont know D off the top of my head though. Sol, counter, theif overlap. and i think barbarian too....... meh. C.

Virion!Yarne: Good mods.... but archer (useless) mage (maybe even more useless) and wyvern lord (good class, terribad skills) his best would look like... LB, Agg, Leth,Wrath, Axefaire? (Yarne has barbarian right?) still bad, D.

A/C/D
---
If you fully love and believe in Yeezus and are 100% proud of it, please put this as your signature. I'm proud to believe in Yeezus as my Savior.
#7heavylobsterguyPosted 6/13/2013 10:22:50 PM
Frederick!Yarne gets an A for Luna and Dual Guard+. He doesn't really care about the other skills as much.

Virion!Yarne gets a C because he doesn't need Virion's skillset. At least he can run both Deliverer and Swordbreaker.

Vaike!Yarne gets a B because of Sol and awesome mods. That's basically it, but Yarne really likes Sol.
---
The official Slime of the Super Smash Bros Wii U Boards
You know what they say, the more the merrier!
#8DemiseEndPosted 6/13/2013 11:27:34 PM
Frederick!Yarne: THE pairing for lazy people. Myself included

Why?

Yarne has Assassin and Barbarian(Zerker)
Freddy allows Yarne to go "WHO CARES" to Wyvern inheritance
Even the mods are fine, to make the deal sweeter

If you want a Yarne who can perform suppport(which is what he usually do) and too lazy to think off the rest, go with this

A Rank(sadly its not too damn good)

Virion!Yarne: Sage access is underrated

B Rank

Vaike!Yarne: has Sol and only Sol

B Rank
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#9DemiseEndPosted 6/13/2013 11:28:30 PM
HeoandReo posted...
I'll just preface this with my own observations on Yarne.

Yarne basically has the opposite problem of Kjelle, in that he has great stats, but starts with probably the most unfortunate selection of classes available. Taguel is garbage, and Thief isn't particularly useful to have unless you have other stuff to go with it. Berserker is nice, but aside from support, its utility is limited. So for the most part, what I'm looking for is classes to help him out, because he is not going to be doing much unless he gets a good father.

You forgot how Yarne has no procs

Also Kjelle Mods are the second best IMHO
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#10HanierPosted 6/13/2013 11:36:15 PM
Yarne really needs a good father to feed him some skills. He starts out with... Wrath without Vantage to abuse it with, Axefaire, and probably Deliverer.

Frederick!Yarne: Freddy feeds him PAL and Dual Guard+. He gets enough flexibility to be either a tank (PAL) or a support (Luna/Dual Guard+/Axefaire). Stats are pretty nice too, no negs besides Mag which he'll never use, and dat +5 Str and Skl and +4 Def. Yarne doesn't really get that many good pairings, like, at all, so I'd say this warrants an S.

Virion!Yarne: Yarne appreciates Bowfaire for Assassin, and that +6 Spd is a thing of beauty. Utterly pigeonholed into support, though. B.

Vaike!Yarne: Godly stats, but pretty much only Sol for skill inheritance, a frontliner skill but he doesn't really have anything to go with it. C.