CYOA: Out of Darkness IV

#1OsrangerPosted 6/14/2013 2:56:30 PM
Well. Part four. Chapter thirteen took up almost an entire 500 posts. At this rate, we should probably expect chapter 14 to finish sometime during part 7. Well, if you are dying to read what happened during the very long, chapter 13, here is the link...

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66184788

... or I could just tell you what happened. At the end of chapter twelve, Renarrian Knight Captain Varrus dies in the fire that consumes all of Black Rock, leaving the 2000 year old castle in ruin, possibly never to rise again.

During Chapter thirteen, Alicia leads Bramble, Esoteria, Lorkan, And Anya to Qurain, along with a company of Calvaliers, and Pegasus knights. There they meet Anya's two sisters, Hellen and Phoebe. Hellen was a general, who commanded the Qurain guard, while Phoebe is a war cleric, who was sick of her family's history of becoming involved in conflicts and dying, always by axe, lance, or blade. They also meet Anya's father, Commander Brand of the Triumphant, the band of mercenaries who run the city. Alicia agrees to aid the city from the rapidly approaching Blood Hand mercenaries, led by commander Bane and his sons Bone, Blood, and Marrow. Alicia spends the first night well, and has Hellen and Esoteria raid the mercenary camps and cause havoc amongst them. It is incredibly successful and Esoteria makes plans to strike again the following night., the following day, Alicia trains as a dark flier, learning techniques with both Magic, and lances.

That night however, she is tricked into scratching her finger on a thorn of an oddly colored rose, and is cursed into a deep sleep for several hours. She awakens in the mercenary camp and is informed that she is pregnant and that the curse had an unusual side effect on her. The man who woke her leaves to go get the commander and interrogator, but before he returns, she is rescued by a mysterious figure clad in black armor. The figure leads her to a hiding place, where she discovers that Kari is alive, and that the dark figure is Hawke's younger brother, nearly identical to him aside from hair, build and I color. His mood is a bit more sour and is more serious. Alicia learns that there are patrols roaming that night, and that the raid that Esoteria plans to make will likely be caught between the forces of the camp, and the patrols. The three split up. Alicia heads off with Sparrow in order to wreck the Patrols, while Kari seeks to secure the secret entrance that Sparrow plans to use to enter the city. Sparrow and Kari are successful, and although they are pursued, Alicia's new power manifests itself, sacrificing some of her life force for two blasts of energy, a healing one, which heals many of the injuries that Sparrow sustained while injuring and deterring the pursuers. The effort knocks her out.

She awakens once they reach the rendevous point, they find Kari in trouble, fighting off Bone, while several of his men watch. Alicia and Sparrow aid her, killing Bone and his men. They continue, going through the secret passage into the ruins of the precursor of Qurain. There, they are accosted by the headmaster of the Qurainian magic school, but they are rescued by Lorkan and brought back into the city.

Well. That's half of it. This will continue soon.
---
"Hello, um, you..."
That awkward moment where, after talking to someone every day, you still don't remember their name.
#2Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 6:27:14 PM
So, once You return to the city, you sleep the entire day. When you wake up, you learn that Hellen faced off against Blood during the raid during the night before and there has been no sign of her. During dinner, Lorkan proposes to Esoteria and she agrees. Once dinner is done, Alicia takes Bramble to further investigate the Magic school. The staff seem friendly enough, but once alicia discovers their involvement with Nero, they turn hostile and the couple barely escape with their lives. During the escape, Alicia is injured and when she and bramble fight against the vice headmaster, Alicia uses her power once more, the effort of which, forces her into a coma which she remains for three days.

Meanwhile, since Alicia is incapacitated, Anya takes charge of overall planning. She has Bramble put in charge of communications since he refuses to leave Alicia in the keep mostly undefended, and everyone prepares for battle. Commander Bane kills Hellen in front of you, and goads Commander Brand to walk into a trap. Anya sends Sparrow with him, and his quick thinking saves their lives. Meanwhile, Bane uses tricks and guile to sneak men inside the walls, and his sons lead forces against the walls. Bane, while inside the walls, utterly destroy the Calvary, and Marrow's forces utterly destroy the hero legion of Qurain since they were without a commander, but in the end, Qurain was victorious. Bane and his son Marrow both lay dead, and the army gained the legendary weapon Gravidus, as well as Bane's own axe Vyrjal. Also, Hautlcere was looted from Bane earlier.

Phoebe decides to travel with the Army, and Alicia wakes unharmed from her coma.

----
Melara has temporarily left the army for personal reasons and it is affecting Anthiok's conscious. Anthiok has brought his division almost all of the way to Elina and Eleanor has offered to bring him in and settle terms.

Also, SwordMaster's options are just about locked in at this point, I just need more votes on who the new character should be.

1. Sniper
2. Griffin Rider
---
"Hello, um, you..."
That awkward moment where, after talking to someone every day, you still don't remember their name.
#3C_D_MPosted 6/14/2013 7:39:46 PM
Oh, tough choice... A.
#4SwordMasterEXPosted 6/14/2013 7:43:24 PM
1 because DAT Guild.
---
"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you here.
Oh so am I. And I'm Failing. And I'm sorry for that.
"
#5tman1400Posted 6/15/2013 12:37:23 AM
4 for sniper
0 for giffen

looks like we got an archer unless some pms came in, well just like another said let's try keeping him or her alive this time :)

flash back...well the gist of it anyway :(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hawk: want to hunt
us: nah sorry some other time gotta flirt with lindy

hawk: want to hunt we can bulid up some levels doing this
us: hey mattew want to spur? oh next time I promise.
hawk:okay

hawk: Sooooo.. that hunting thing, up for it
us: Alicia and Cyus how your doing..... oh who are you?
hawk: (cries) no it's okay when you want to hunt tell me I'm ready anytime

(looks at dead hawk)
us: guess we should have took his offer while he as alive...oh well

sparrow: I hope he died fighting for friends that cared about him, his death would suck more otherwise.
us:.........
---
gc ign-T.sage
fantasica ID:78080895
#6Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 9:33:04 AM
Sniper it is.
-------------
"I'll go with you," you tell Eleanor. You look around and see a subordinate walking swiftly by. You grab him by the shoulder and tell him, "Tell Cyrus that he is in charge until we get back, I am going on ahead with Eleanor to make sure that we gain admittance."

The man nods and salutes you before heading off in a new direction. You turh back to Eleanor. "So when do we set off?" You ask.

"Immediately," she turns around and walks off, probably to find her wyvern, Harlessa.

"I better say goodbye to Lindy before heading off," you say to yourself. You look back to where you saw Cyrus sitting. They are no longer there, however the book remains. Either she managed to convince Cyrus to do something, or he got your message. You decide to check the tent as well, and luckily, she is inside.

"Good morning," she says, smiling as you come in. "When are we moving out?"

"You will have to ask Cyrus that," you reply, "I am heading into the city ahead of you."

"Oh, so this is a goodbye then. Well, good luck with that. I will see you later tonight then?"

"Yes, if all goes well."

"Good. You better get going then."

You nod and leave the tent, slipping your dragonstone out of the pouch on your waist. You see a group of wyverns already in the sky, so you transform and take off, following after them.

"I thought that I would need to leave without you!" Eleanor calls down to you, "Now come on, I want to get there within the hour."

-----
The flight is quick, but refreshing. She mountain air is cool and sweet, and below you lies large swaths of verdant forests. You see no civilization at first, but soon it begins to leak into the scene. You begin to make out the city in the distance, and below, you see a hunter hauling a large buck over his back, steadily marching toward his home to feed his family. Off in the east you spot a caravan making its way toward the city. You remember some of the information that Eleanor had given to you in the week prior; this will be good for the people of Elina. Since the war began, direct trade must have been less frequent.

Soon the gate, as well as the people ago patrol the wall are completely visible. They obviously see you as well, and many of them immediately raise their bows, ready to shoot you out of the sky. One of them though, runs over a large, intricate horn standing on the wall, and speaks into it.

The words come out unbelievably loud, but not defeaning, "Name yourselves, and dismount from your mounts immediately. Do not attempt any aggressive action. If any of you want to enter the city, you must turn the dragon over to us for questioning. If he is not deemed a threat, he will be returned to you unharmed."

Eleanor smiles at you as if he jusr made a joke, though you don't know why. You don't like those demands in the slightest. She then calls out, "Morse, is that how you treat family these days? You have become rather rude during my absence."

The man, Morse, looks up in surprise, "Eleanor, is that really you?"

"Is there another Eleanor of which you know?"

"Everyone, put those bows down, my sister has been returned."
---
Ooh, sorry about turning you into a cat. Well, you are no longer bald I think that is an improvement. Ack, don't hiss, I'll change you back. Hopefully.
#7Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 9:39:25 AM
tman1400 posted...
4 for sniper
0 for giffen

looks like we got an archer unless some pms came in, well just like another said let's try keeping him or her alive this time :)

flash back...well the gist of it anyway :(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hawk: want to hunt
us: nah sorry some other time gotta flirt with lindy

hawk: want to hunt we can bulid up some levels doing this
us: hey mattew want to spur? oh next time I promise.
hawk:okay

hawk: Sooooo.. that hunting thing, up for it
us: Alicia and Cyus how your doing..... oh who are you?
hawk: (cries) no it's okay when you want to hunt tell me I'm ready anytime

(looks at dead hawk)
us: guess we should have took his offer while he as alive...oh well

sparrow: I hope he died fighting for friends that cared about him, his death would suck more otherwise.
us:.........

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. Also, you can't join the guild. The guild is made to train people in archery and defend Elina from threats. You have no archers and you aren't staying in Elina for the rest of your life.
---
Ooh, sorry about turning you into a cat. Well, you are no longer bald I think that is an improvement. Ack, don't hiss, I'll change you back. Hopefully.
#8Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 7:44:25 PM
"Yes," Eleanor replies, "I would love to catch up, but we need to talk first. Can we land within the city limits?"

"Of course Eleanor. Sorry about that, it is standard procedure ever since," he glances at you, "you know, that."

Eleanor looks at you, "Him? He's harmless. I know that news is slow to reach Zairthe has released Elina from Vassalship. We no longer owe anything to him."

"This is excellent news, now about letting you inside. I trust that father would wish to talk to you, so let me send word ahead of your arrival." He moves out of sight on the other side of the wall, and you are able to talk to Eleanor.

"You never said you had a brother," you say, your voice hushed.

"I had no reason to bring it up," she says unfazed.

Annoyed, you rephrase the accusation, "What I mean is, is there any thing else I need to know."

"Then say what you mean," she snaps under her breath, "And there is some bit of information that is rather relevant at the moment. My father is in charge of all defensive measures of Elina and holds all of the authority over the military, and to an extent the economy. His power is nearly absolute except for the fact that Lord Herrin is rather beloved by the common people."

"That would have been nice to know earlier."

"Rather than focusing on what could have been, try to focus on the present."

It is then, that Morse comes back, griffin in tow. He deftly mounts the beast and lifts off. "You are all clear to enter Elina," he says before ascending higher up the mountain. You quickly follow, and as you do, you look down on Elina to get a view from above the city is built on a slope, with the houses built partially on stilts to keep them level, for those who could afford them at least. Elina appears to use as much of the natural environment in its architecture as human masonry. A river, probably from an underground spring runs through the city, and naturally occurring boulders and rock formations are incorporated right into the buildings. You look up and see that a cave has been made into a house, complete with a front door. Morse's griffin shoots into the sky, so you no longer have any thine to examine the city, and you take to the sky. After a long flight up, you reach the cliff on which rests upper Elina. Upper Elina is much more akin to the architecture of a normal city. It's houses and buildings are made up of both wood and stone, and masonry is much more prevalent in upper Elina as many buildings are styled traditionally, with much influence from Renarre and Altnoir techniques. To you, it feels much less creative than the various unique buildings which you viewed below. These designs are probably considered more comfortable and attractive by the populace.

You glide up to a large, keep, crafted of stone and marble. You set down and transform back into your human form, while to your right, Eleanor and Morse dismount. Morse gives you an odd look, probably wondering what you are doing there, but he lets it slide and walks briskly forward toward the keep.

"After you," you say to Esoteria.
---
#9Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 9:06:53 PM(edited)
Before you manage to enter the keep, a small elderly man steps out,'flanked on both sides by guards, and using a cane, although despite this, the man still has a presence that makes him seem larger than his small stature would suggest. His eyes scan the three of you, settling briefly on eac person before moving on. Once he is done, he breaks into a smile.

"This is a tremendous occasion, my daughter has returned, and we have an honored guest from Altnoir. Tell me young manakete. You tell me your name, and I will grant you mine, unless my daughter has relinquished it to you already."

"I am Anthiok, prince of Altnoir," you say bowing.

The old man raises an eyebrow, "A very special guest it seems has joined us this evening. As I promised, my name is Drake. I am in charge of the defense of this fine city and the surrounding countryside. Now, let us take a walk, while this young manakete tells me what brings a prince all the way to Elina."

He begins to move forward and his guards move to accompany him, but he waves them back. "I believe that my son and daughter are competent enough to keep this old man from falling, now, let us go for that walk."

You, Morse, and Eleanor accompany Drake as he leads you into a garden, filled with flowers and plants unfamiliar to you. Finally, Drake turns around and asks you something. You are startled by the sudden interrogation and miss the question.

"I said, why are you here?" Drake asks you.

"Nero is in control of Black Rock. There was a coup, and he succeeded. We have strong reason to believe that he is sending a force to take Elina."

Drake nods, "So what do you plan to do about it?"

A) nothing, just warn Elina
B) leave a small force here to aid Elina (choose 3 officers not including Eleanor and either Wyverns or Calvary to stay)
C) to help whatever way you can
---
#10C_D_MPosted 6/15/2013 9:16:15 PM
A.

Oh, fine. C.