#341Neosephiroth666Posted 6/25/2013 5:20:39 PM
Rideps1 posted...
Neosephiroth666 posted...

Group 1 Far barracks: June, Paen, Doran, Rosaline, Cynbel
Group 2 Center arena: Rain, Holland, Wendy, Bud, Haley
Group 3 Main gate: Claudia, Dan, Charon, Jayce, Jessup
Group 4 Right Wall: Saul, Agni, Syrene, Walt
Group 5 Left Wall: John, Marry, Taika, Cecil

Prioritize scattering the enemy and regrouping with our allies. Units who need to pair up for the stat boosts, do so. Jessup stays behind Claudia and Dan at all times and focuses on healing. From Agni's vantage point on the wall, he can see the entire battlefield, or most of it. If no enemies are on the Right wall, Agni focuses on attacking the enemies below. If he sees one group is in trouble, Agni will send up a small signal flare accordingly. One burst of magic if someone from Group 1 is in trouble, two bursts for Group 2, etc. If either Alyssa, Ferris, or Cecil are in trouble, Agni sends up two simultaneous signal flares and Saul sends up burst of light magic as a third. Allies who are not surrounded by enemies, or who are almost finished fighting, move to help the struggling group(s) if Agni gives the signal. John and Mary also strike from above, as long as their enemies are defeated or there are none. Charon dances when needed, but does not engage an enemy unless the enemy attacks him. Fumiko acts as support, supporting all and any group(s) that need it.

Leaders:

Group 1: June
Group 2: Rain
Group 3: Claudia
Group 4: Saul
Group 5: John

Sounds mostly good to me, all I'd change is moving some people around.

Cecil should stay where he is, like Alyssa, and support who goes over there, so swap him with Cynbel.

Charon would be more useful in a larger group, so I'm thinking swap him with Haley.

We've got plenty of magic at group 5, so lets push Taika over to 3 and swap her with Walt.

And you didn't put Fumiko anywhere, but it's pretty shored up now, I'd say. Personally I'd keep her with her daughter, but we've already got plenty over there.

It's your strategy, I'm just giving my opinions. I'll let you take it or not, but you should at least put Fumiko somewhere so she's not just standing around.

Haley stays where she is, because she's a flier and can avoid terrain. Cecil cannot move until he has defeated his current enemies or been rescued, so swapping him with our main strike force team, that is probably going to rescue him, is pointless. After Cecil is rescued, he can go support a group that's lacking in physical power while Cynbel and the rest of June's group can charge on. Plus, Cynbel would have to dismount on the walls, thus severely decreasing his stats while Cecil does not. Fumiko can support with her Fox Speed as needed.

I swapped Charon and Walt. No other changes need to be made, unless for some reason Agni can't get a good view from the wall.
---
To dance amidst the River of Time, lost in the eternity of a moment. I call to you, but you leave me behind, lost to that far green country, lost to me.
#342Rideps1Posted 6/25/2013 5:49:51 PM
You still do not have a location for Fumiko.

And why isn't dismounting required for the barracks? Is there nothing left inside other than the hostages and Alyssa? Would we just be fighting outside for that, CDM? because only dismounting for the walls but not the barracks doesn't make much sense to me.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#343C_D_M(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 6:00:46 PM
Rideps1 posted...

And why isn't dismounting required for the barracks? Is there nothing left inside other than the hostages and Alyssa? Would we just be fighting outside for that, CDM? because only dismounting for the walls but not the barracks doesn't make much sense to me.

They'd be switching between mounted to fight right in front of the doors, and unmounted to guard the inside door. Default location for anyone is the gate.
#344Neosephiroth666Posted 6/25/2013 6:38:15 PM
Rideps1 posted...

Are you tired Rideps, or did you simply not reread my post? I specifically stated Fumiko's role was to move in between groups, providing support as needed, as with her Laguz Speed, that's the role she's best suited for. This is a custom strategy. The barracks are wide and large I assume, so it's possible to fight on horse back inside. If you try to fight on horseback on a wall, you will fall off said wall. This is simply common sense.
---
To dance amidst the River of Time, lost in the eternity of a moment. I call to you, but you leave me behind, lost to that far green country, lost to me.
#345Rideps1Posted 6/25/2013 7:06:50 PM
I didn't look back in the paragraph, sorry. But still, they aren't ON the wall. IN. Unless CDM changed something in there.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#346Neosephiroth666Posted 6/25/2013 9:04:18 PM
Rideps1 posted...
I didn't look back in the paragraph, sorry. But still, they aren't ON the wall. IN. Unless CDM changed something in there.

If their IN the wall, then that makes even more sense why you can't fight on horseback, as there's no room. Though... CDM? Is my Signal Flare plan still possible? Because if their IN the wall, then I doubt it would work...
---
#347Rideps1Posted 6/25/2013 9:16:55 PM
Yeah, but it calls the other part into question. Because horses and doors don't mix.

And now it is a good thing I was rambling I guess. Now that you mention it, unless there are windows everywhere (in which case we could see what was inside, there there must not be), signal flares might not work well.

If there are slits everywhere it might get the center group to reinforce, but otherwise.....

Maybe we should just camp the doors?
---
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#348C_D_M(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 9:37:22 PM
There are small, high windows around the wall, but only on the outside. Troops you send into the wall will be cut off, except at the handful of doors along the wall. Signal flares aren't really viable... I guess if you shot them out of the windows towards the outside of the fort they'd be visible? But reinforcements would take time to arrive.

Mounted units inside the wall will need to dismount because it's too narrow to turn an armored horse around quickly.
#349Neosephiroth666Posted 6/25/2013 10:41:14 PM
C_D_M posted...
There are small, high windows around the wall, but only on the outside. Troops you send into the wall will be cut off, except at the handful of doors along the wall. Signal flares aren't really viable... I guess if you shot them out of the windows towards the outside of the fort they'd be visible? But reinforcements would take time to arrive.

Mounted units inside the wall will need to dismount because it's too narrow to turn an armored horse around quickly.

All right, then scratch my Signal Flare Idea. The point of those was to quickly communicate. Okay, have Fumiko go reinforce the left wall with her daughter and send Taika down to the main gate. Everything else in my plan still stands. Scatter the enemy, rescue Ferris, Alyssa, and Cecil, wipe out the nearest enemies and then regroup. Once two or more groups have combined into one force, hopefully June's group and Rain's group, prioritize overwhelming the enemy. If any of the units in the walls find themselves outnumbered or outmatched, the magic users on each team blast a hole in the floor of the wall, cutting themselves off from the pursuing enemies, and retreat to the outside.
---
#350Rideps1Posted 6/25/2013 10:42:34 PM
Backed.
---
Saxon/Palazzo 2016