Should I pair Chrom with Sumia or Sully?

#1MajesticPaladinPosted 6/16/2013 9:55:14 AM
This is a Hard/Classic playthrough I'm doing. Which of the two is better for him?
---
Intermediate gamer.
#2Misha-HeartPosted 6/16/2013 9:56:15 AM(edited)
Sumia. inb4 stupid pie joke.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#3DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 9:57:43 AM(edited)
Sully has better support convo, however Sumia is better for gameplay reason, and arguably the best non-MU choice in no grind, mainly because Sully's Cavalier skills inheritance are redundant(Lucina is better off as a Cavalier)
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#4legendriderPosted 6/16/2013 9:58:32 AM
I would say pair them with who the hell you want, but for gameplay reasons, Sumia is the better choice in terms of children
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/16/2013 10:08:27 AM
Can someone give me a list of best to worst pairings for Chrom, and explain why?
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#6DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 10:09:40 AM
In game, or Post game

One thing to note is, Lucina has a bare minimum of 13 STR

it is REALLY REALLY hard to get over that number
---
#7I_eat_tablesPosted 6/16/2013 10:17:58 AM
Roughly:
In game, Avatar > Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Olivia > Maiden.

Avatar makes everything he/she touches into gold, and Lucina is no exception. The Chrom x Avatar pair is ridiculously good, and produces two easily recruitable, ridiculously good children.
Sumia and Sully are pretty interchangable. Sully gives better strength and offensive stats, while Sumia is a quicker support and grows into a better character. Maribelle has bad strength, both base and growth, which will weaken Lucina and also makes for a bad Brady. Olivia has almost no time to grow, so will pass on terrible bases to Lucina as well as no good skills. Maiden for autoworst.

Postgame, Olivia > ??? > Maribelle > Maiden.

Olivia makes for a fantastic Lucina and Inigo in terms of class access and skills, and the modifiers are decent. I dunno really about Avatar, Sully and Sumia, I just know they all have better options than Chrom. Maribelle gives bad modifiers to both children, and a varied class set which lets them not be much good at anything, only good thing is Galeforce. In fact, Galeforce may be enough to put Maribelle above Sully. Hmm. Maiden for autoworst.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#8DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 10:23:36 AM
No grind, Main Game, HM

MU > Sumia > Sully > Maribelle = Olivia

MU is obvious top, since Veteran Lucina is amazing

Sumia is next because Lucina, most of the time want to reclass into Cavalier for Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, and amazing stats from Cav -> Paladin in general. This turns Sully's skill inheritance relatively redundant. The biggest advantage of Sumia x Chrom is Cynthia who gets instant C Rank with Lucina(preferably as a Cavalier) and inherits Galeforce. You can reasonably get Galeforce by Chapter 16 - 17.

Sully is next because..... shes amazing in term of growth and stats progression(unlike Maribelle and Olivia). Sully's biggest downside is her class skill inheritance, as I have detailed in Sumia's post. However, Kjelle is usually the first children that you recruited, which is a huge advantage over Cynthia.

Maribelle and Olivia sucks, and give joke skills(Demoiselle and Luck +4 respectively), however, Maribelle has alvailability leads, and it is pretty reasonable to expect Maribelle to give at least 3 Staff uses to Chrom.

It should be noted that Chrom only need 5 Support points to marry a character

This is particularly abusable with Sumia, so you can use the Sumia + Frederick Combo while still not missing on Sumia + Chrom marriage

Post game

MU > Olivia > Maribelle = Sumia >>>>>>> Sully

Stats does not matter, so we are going to look at skills

MU is auto win
Olivia give Vantage to Lucina, Chrom gives Luna to Inigo, and RFK breeding

Maribelle has RFK breeding over Sumia, and Brady is the single most unruinable child in the entire game.

Sumia is fine with everyone, so she is better off with a low priority father such as Henry
---
#9DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 10:25:06 AM
I_eat_tables posted...
Sully gives better strength and offensive stats

Actually, both Sumia and Sully mothered Lucina usually started with 13 STR, and 5% STR growth differences. Sumia has MASSIVE leads on SKL and SPD, while Sully has small leads on DEF and HP
---
#10MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/16/2013 10:30:17 AM
I_eat_tables posted...
Roughly:
In game, Avatar > Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Olivia > Maiden.

Avatar makes everything he/she touches into gold, and Lucina is no exception. The Chrom x Avatar pair is ridiculously good, and produces two easily recruitable, ridiculously good children.
Sumia and Sully are pretty interchangable. Sully gives better strength and offensive stats, while Sumia is a quicker support and grows into a better character. Maribelle has bad strength, both base and growth, which will weaken Lucina and also makes for a bad Brady. Olivia has almost no time to grow, so will pass on terrible bases to Lucina as well as no good skills. Maiden for autoworst.

Postgame, Olivia > ??? > Maribelle > Maiden.

Olivia makes for a fantastic Lucina and Inigo in terms of class access and skills, and the modifiers are decent. I dunno really about Avatar, Sully and Sumia, I just know they all have better options than Chrom. Maribelle gives bad modifiers to both children, and a varied class set which lets them not be much good at anything, only good thing is Galeforce. In fact, Galeforce may be enough to put Maribelle above Sully. Hmm. Maiden for autoworst.

I see. I had Sully marry Chrom in my current HardClassic playthrough, so I just wanted to check.

Lucina's really the only child character I'd use ingame, so I was mainly curious about postgame (but not Apotheosis postgame. Ohhhhh no ^_^)
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.