Should I pair Chrom with Sumia or Sully?

#117lightsXIIIPosted 6/16/2013 10:34:58 AM
Sumia of course. What's wrong with you, pairing him Sully.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Chrom, Lucina, Shulk, Megaman, Toon Zelda for SSB4
#12anondumPosted 6/16/2013 10:36:22 AM
it's definitely sully. why are people turning sully into a paladin? turn her into a great knight and pass down luna. sumia will give you a strength/defense starved lucina and chrom+sumia is a crappy pair up, sumia should pair with fred.
#13DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 10:38:02 AM(edited)
Sumia and Sully mothered Lucina has 5% STR growth difference, and exact same base stats(13 STR)

Sumia can simply go with Frederick early game, and go with Paladin Chrom late game
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#14anondumPosted 6/16/2013 10:42:05 AM
if you don't level sully/chrom I guess? my lucinas start out with more than 13 str. luna is way more important anyway, sumia doesn't pass down anything of note at that point in the game
#15DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 10:49:37 AM
I base it off a sample data on No Grind

Sumia!Lucina
Lord
LV: 10.00
HP: 32
STR: 13
MAG: 6
SKL: 20
SPD: 21
LCK: 15
DEF: 11
RES: 7

Sully!Lucina
Lord
LV: 10.00
HP: 32
MAG: 3
SKL: 17
SPD: 18
LCK: 16
DEF: 12
RES: 9

Olivia!Lucina

Chrom is GL4

Olivia is DNC 1

HP: 30
SKL: 17
SPD: 15
LCK: 14
DEF: 12
RES: 4

As you can see, the stats difference are minimal at best
---
#16I_eat_tablesPosted 6/16/2013 10:51:40 AM
DemiseEnd posted...
I_eat_tables posted...
Sully gives better strength and offensive stats

Actually, both Sumia and Sully mothered Lucina usually started with 13 STR, and 5% STR growth differences. Sumia has MASSIVE leads on SKL and SPD, while Sully has small leads on DEF and HP

You're right though that Sully passes on similar STR, it's got a decent chance of being a point higher than Sumia's though, plus the higher growth. I'd hardly say Sumia's speed lead is massive. It'll probably end up about 1-2 points higher is passed on, and the growth lead is the same as Sully's lead in strength. Not massive at all. In fact it's about the same as Sully's DEF lead. 1 point down at base but a 15% lead in base classes, which will quickly be just as big as Sumia's Speed lead ends up. So I guess the stat lead was a lot smaller than I imagined, eh. Still, Sully is likely to pass down a better skill, she has access to good skills like Discipline or Outdoor Fighter right off the bat, while Sumia... if she can reach Galeforce, that's the obvious one to pass down, but that's very unlikely without grinding. Outside of that she has, what, Relief, SPD+2 or DEF+2?
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#17DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 10:58:34 AM(edited)
You're right though that Sully passes on similar STR, it's got a decent chance of being a point higher than Sumia's though, plus the higher growth.

5% higher growth on Lucina did not make tons of difference

I'd hardly say Sumia's speed lead is massive. It'll probably end up about 1-2 points higher is passed on, and the growth lead is the same as Sully's lead in strength.

Lucy, most of the time stuck at 13 - 15 STR at best. I admit, the spd lead are not massive. 5 point at best, not including +2 spd

In fact it's about the same as Sully's DEF lead. 1 point down at base but a 15% lead in base classes, which will quickly be just as big as Sumia's Speed lead ends up. So I guess the stat lead was a lot smaller than I imagined, eh.

indeed

Still, Sully is likely to pass down a better skill, she has access to good skills like Discipline or Outdoor Fighter right off the bat, while Sumia... if she can reach Galeforce, that's the obvious one to pass down, but that's very unlikely without grinding. Outside of that she has, what, Relief, SPD+2 or DEF+2?

The problem is, Lucina want to reclass into something with a Sword, so Wyvern and Pegasus are out. Amongst them, Cavalier are the best(Discipline and Outdoor Fighter are amazing). Sully are not likely to be level 5 by then, so Luna is out. That being said, this resulted in her Cavalier skills being redundant at best. Sumia can pass on Relief or SPD+2, which, at worst are not redundant
---
#18I_eat_tablesPosted 6/16/2013 11:03:02 AM
Well, Lucina isn't reclassing immediately, unless you're crazy - you just don't have the Second Seals to reclass people that haphazardly. In fact, I think I've usually taken Lucina to Great Lord before eventually reclassing her once a second seal became available. Even if you do use a Second Seal once they become available, it's four chapters later.

5 points at best is a hilarious idea. 2 points at best, 4 including SPD +2. Or is there some reason Sumia is getting 15 speed more than Sully with a 1 base, 10% growth lead and lower availability, while Sully couldn't do a similar thing with strength?
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#19SummonearthPosted 6/16/2013 11:03:52 AM
The problem that some people have with ChromxSully is the fact that Sully doesn't pass down Galeforce or give the Pegasus Knight class to Lucina and Kjelle. That is why Sumia and Olivia are so popular as they pass down galeforce/Peagus Knight class and in the case of Olivia, gives good mods and classes, and in Sumia's case, some people care more about skill and speed, as doubling and activating skills are just as important, than strength and while there is 0 for the strength mod if Sumia is the mother, it doesn't kill Lucina's attack like Mariabelle and she also gives Lucina access to Pavsie which alongside Rightful King, help increase Lucina's durability even more. Sully isn't bad with Chrom, is just that the other possible wives can give the same or more stuff than her in a good amount of situations.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#20DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 11:09:42 AM(edited)
Thats.... what happened most of the time

Of course this is all based on personal experience with a no grinding run that assumed every unit are equally used >_>

The bottom line is basically Lucina struggled to get over 13 STR, while she can manipulate SPD and SKL easilly

As for alvailability leads, Sully can't actually do much in Chapter 1 and 2(you can expect 2 levels), while after Sumia joined, she is the best offensive unit with Frederick pair up right away. This is before you include the fact that the game is outright biased to fliers.

This is becase Sully need to proc speed before she started to own stuff, while Sumia own stuff from the word go thanks to the speed base and SPD+2
---