Question before ch. 11 (spoilers:

#1barreldragon88Posted 6/16/2013 10:39:27 AM
According to one of the FAQ's, if chrom doesn't have S support with someone before ch. 11, he'll automatically marry an unnamed village girl. Olivia joins IN ch.11, so how the hell am i supposed to get an S support between chrom and olivia???!!!
---
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#2I_eat_tablesPosted 6/16/2013 10:55:23 AM
That FAQ is very wrong.

Chrom marries the person he has the highest support level with. In case of a tie, he marries the person closest to the next support level. If that's still a tie, he marries in order Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Avatar > Olivia, unless he has no support points with any of them, in which case he marries Maiden.

Exception: If he doesn't have a C support with any female but does have support points with Olivia after chapter 11, he always marries Olivia.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#3barreldragon88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 12:03:47 PM
Crap... Chrom has C support with Sumia, but I want her to marry Gaius. If I enter ch. 11 with B support between Gaius and Sumia and get support points between Chrom and Olivia in the chapter, will Chrom marry Olivia?
---
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#4DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 12:07:36 PM
I_eat_tables posted...
That FAQ is very wrong.

Chrom marries the person he has the highest support level with. In case of a tie, he marries the person closest to the next support level. If that's still a tie, he marries in order Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > Avatar > Olivia, unless he has no support points with any of them, in which case he marries Maiden.

Exception: If he doesn't have a C support with any female but does have support points with Olivia after chapter 11, he always marries Olivia.

Your forgot the fact that Chrom only marry a girl that he have 5 support points with
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/16/2013 12:07:59 PM
barreldragon88 posted...
Crap... Chrom has C support with Sumia, but I want her to marry Gaius. If I enter ch. 11 with B support between Gaius and Sumia and get support points between Chrom and Olivia in the chapter, will Chrom marry Olivia?

No. You MUST marry off Sumia.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#6barreldragon88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 12:31:56 PM
I read somewhere that ch. 13 is where all the marriages happen. Is that not the case...? Or is it different for Chrom?

If I want to marry Chrom and Olivia (assuming still possible), what do I have to do?
---
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#7DemiseEndPosted 6/16/2013 12:32:53 PM
Chrom's marriage candidate should not activate C support with him
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#8LuminozeroPosted 6/16/2013 12:35:37 PM(edited)
barreldragon88 posted...
I read somewhere that ch. 13 is where all the marriages happen. Is that not the case...? Or is it different for Chrom?

If I want to marry Chrom and Olivia (assuming still possible), what do I have to do?

I_eat_tables posted...
That FAQ is very wrong.

As was said earlier, marry Sumia to Gaius BEFORE you start chapter 11. Polygamy doesn't exist, so Chrom will move further down the line to find the next highest on priority.
---
Nintendo showed more respect to Mega Man in two minutes then Capcom has in the last two years.
#9I_eat_tablesPosted 6/16/2013 12:50:23 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
I_eat_tables posted...
That FAQ is very wrong.

Your forgot the fact that Chrom only marry a girl that he have 5 support points with

...No, I didn't. I said he needs support points with a girl after chapter 11. Support points round automatically before then. But there's no need to go into detail about how exactly supports are built up here.

barreldragon88 posted...

Only Chrom is special. Chapter 13 and onwards is when you can start reaping the rewards of S supports. Also why are you using guides on your first playthrough?

If you want Olivia to marry Chrom, go do Skirmishes or fight Spotpass teams until Gaius and Sumia marry. Pair them up, and have them fight at least four enemies each time, and they should raise their support level once every 1-2 battles.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#10barreldragon88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 12:58:34 PM
Alright, thanks for the clarification!
---
Long live Saint Seiya!!