Need marriage advice.

#1Absolutezero93Posted 6/16/2013 8:48:24 PM
I need some tips on who I should pair up together. On my last playthrough I married characters off of their personalities and such but this time I wanna go for good children characters so I need some advice. I'm playing Lunatic right now and I already have Sumia and Chrom married off. I have Cordelia x Fredrick, Cordelia x Vaike, Gaius,x Tharja, Gauis x Nowi, Donnel x Tharja at A rank with their S support available. Should I marry off any these characters to each other? How about the rest of the cast?
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#2HeoandReoPosted 6/16/2013 8:58:33 PM(edited)
Out of the two, Cordelia prefers Frederick for Pavise/Aegis and Luna, but works well with Vaike since he still passes down Luna and can pass down Axefaire to make Severa a pretty brutal Hero.

Gaius is ideal for both Tharja and Nowi, so the choice is largely up to preference. Tharja can take Donnel, (and she probably should take him if she's not getting Avatar) leaving Gaius for Nowi.

Don't know what you have for your other pairings, but I can give you an idea of what each remaining kid in your setup is looking for. (You're already set for Lucina and Cynthia, and working on Severa, Noire and Nah so they're excluded.)

Brady and Inigo are good with any dad, so don't worry too much about them. They can even take odd leftover dads like Virion and Kellam and still become amazing. Inigo might want Luna but doesn't need it, and he can take Libra if he wants to do magic.

Kjelle: Wants Mercenary. Donnel, Vaike and Gregor deliver. Donnel gives the addition of Galeforce, if you care about getting it on her. If somehow all of those fathers are elsewhere, she can take Henry or Libra as a last-ditch effort to be good as a defensive Pavise/Aegis/Vantage/Luna Sorcerer.

Owain: Either Luna or Dark Mage. Ricken is probably his best dad, but he works well with Stahl for Luna and Libra/Henry for Dark Mage access.

Laurent: Wants Vantage and Armsthrift to abuse magic with as a Sorcerer. Gregor's his best bet, but if you need Gregor elsewhere, just give him Vantage. Lon'qu and Stahl are his better choices outside of that. If they're out, Ricken and Kellam are last-ditch choices.

Yarne/Gerome: Wants Vantage/Sol if frontlining or Dual Guard if supporting. Gregor and Gaius give Vantage/Sol to Yarne, while Gerome only needs Vantage since he starts with Sol. Dual Guard can be inherited by literally half of all available fathers so you should have at least one free to give to them.
#3burgerkongPosted 6/16/2013 8:56:52 PM
All the pairings you've listed so far look good, and are really personal preference as to which to go with.

I'd recommend prioritizing your favourite kids, as not everyone can get their favourite fathers; already you seem to be favouring Severa and Noire, which is perfectly fine.

As an aside, it would be easier to decide MU's pairing first due to his many options, so it would help if you stated your MU's gender.
#4Absolutezero93(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 9:20:58 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys! BTW, I have a male Avatar.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#5Absolutezero93(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 9:47:22 PM
Also, what skills should I be passing down?
---
#6HeoandReoPosted 6/16/2013 9:52:43 PM(edited)
Girls who can get Pegasus Knight should pass Galeforce, since it's the best female-only skill. (Sumia, Cordelia, Lissa, Maribelle, Olivia) Miriel and Cherche should pass Dual Support+ or Demoiselle, Panne should pass either a breaker or Deliverer.

The men should either pass down a Level 15 skill from a promoted class, or if they're being used for daughters, they should pass a male exclusive skill, such as Axefaire, Wrath or Counter. Gaius should always pass down Sol, because his daughters can't get it naturally. (Comes from his Fighter tree, which is male-only)

Who have you decided to marry, by the way?
#7Absolutezero93(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:08:05 PM
HeoandReo posted...
Girls who can get Pegasus Knight should pass Galeforce, since it's the best female-only skill. (Sumia, Cordelia, Lissa, Maribelle, Olivia) Miriel and Cherche should pass Dual Support+ or Demoiselle, Panne should pass either a breaker or Deliverer.

The men should either pass down a Level 15 skill from a promoted class, or if they're being used for daughters, they should pass a male exclusive skill, such as Axefaire, Wrath or Counter. Gaius should always pass down Sol, because his daughters can't get it naturally. (Comes from his Fighter tree, which is male-only)

Who have you decided to marry, by the way?

I'm gonna go with Gaius x Nowi, Cordlia x Fredrick, Tharja x MU, Miriel x Gregor, Donell x Sully.
---
#8HeoandReoPosted 6/16/2013 10:14:22 PM
Sounds like you have a really good group on your hands. Good luck!
#9Absolutezero93(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:18:03 PM
HeoandReo posted...
Sounds like you have a really good group on your hands. Good luck!

Thanks for you help!
---
#10SazukeEXPosted 6/17/2013 1:09:58 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66194691

My guide for marriage and using the children as best as possible together.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.