What is Awakening's biggest problem?

#61UnderratedGamerPosted 6/18/2013 7:11:40 PM(edited)
Although this one is a top 5 in the series for me, it does give a few problems.

-Supports weren't as interesting as the GBA Fire Emblem games; I adored those so much better and ultimately loved the characters even more.

-The game itself is dreadfully easy, but not in the way many would think. It seems that you have more access to features that can break the team in half. And although I had fun investing my hours into making untouchable teams, it raises the question of: "What is the point afterwards?" I know that you can easily battle other people's teams and such, but you don't have 100% access to that unless you went to a con or something, and in a few years, I can guarantee that nobody is going to be ready at the snap of a finger to battle you (although i'm convincing my friend who loves FE to get it so we can battle). I felt like Limit Break and Paragon were handed to me on a golden platter, even when on a hard difficulty. The time investing was fun, but outside of *getting* these awesome skills, there isn't much point other than to say that I got them. And after beating the game, I immediately put the game down because I couldn't find anything meaningful to do.

-I don't know if anyone raised this point, but I missed the tournament gold grinding. I'd b**** about it to my friend all the time when I was playing them, but seeing as how fun (and challenging/risky) it was, I felt that I had been playing a game that challenged me to get rich. Looking back at that, i'd much rather be brawling at the tournaments in certain one-time chapters instead of going through the Golden Gaffe or use 50 reeking boxes to get gold in a tedious but easy manner. It's a stale way to get what I need. At least the tournament made me stay focused.

There's a couple other points too, but these were the MAIN problems I had and was ultimately disappointed at.

I suppose that these are my second tier problems I had with the game in general.

-Skill acquiring makes each class seem much less remarkable unlike how they were beforehand. Being able to switch from a General all the way to a Sorcerer for specific skills makes each class less unique. Yeah, there are more choices, but I liked the idea of individual strengths and weaknesses of each class much better. Thanks to Awakening *sarcasm*, my low resistance fighters/berserkers/generals don't have to worry about magic anymore. Why? Because Tome-breaker is easy to achieve when you pair up units of the opposite chain. And although this is about halfway through the game when you can do this, I still feel like the second half of the game should've been much harder so it can counteract these obvious flaws.

tl;dr: After playing Awakening, I felt as though I was changing classes for SKILLS and not for the classes themselves.

-As stated many times before, the map designs aren't terribly unique. And although I never saw anything special in map design before, I felt that the 3DS had the potential to make some beautiful maps. There's a cool map once in awhile, but outside of the volcano chapter when facing Yen' Fay, I wasn't amazed nearly as much as I could have been if the potential had been used.
---
"We are all Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do." - Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011)
#62AugustDreamingPosted 6/18/2013 7:44:18 PM
I hate how they removed Light magic, and got rid of the Anima magic triangle :/.
---
Sweet Dreams!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#63JarickoPosted 6/18/2013 7:53:02 PM
How about them walls in paralogue 16. Rebuilding and destroying themselves randomly.. because... because... Risen!
#64juanyiyiPosted 6/18/2013 8:03:14 PM
Jaricko posted...
How about them walls in paralogue 16. Rebuilding and destroying themselves randomly.. because... because... Risen!

Not randomly. It has a pattern.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!
#65UnderratedGamerPosted 6/18/2013 8:08:17 PM
juanyiyi posted...
Jaricko posted...

Nevermind. That level deserves to be praised to. One of more "different" maps out there.
---
"We are all Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do." - Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011)
#66Huff n puff 20Posted 6/18/2013 8:08:18 PM
juanyiyi posted...
Jaricko posted...

It's random. The only pattern is when they all go down for each set.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hbgVYTg.png
http://i.imgur.com/xZMtLvX.gif
#67JarickoPosted 6/18/2013 8:09:53 PM
juanyiyi posted...
Jaricko posted...

I was more pointing out the fact that even with fire emblem video game logic considered. The way that level works makes no sense. Unless sorcerers suddenly have the ability to do this using dark magic...
#68juanyiyiPosted 6/18/2013 8:14:07 PM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
juanyiyi posted...
Jaricko posted...

It's random. The only pattern is when they all go down for each set.

It's only random which ones go down depending on what row of the map you are. When Nah is rescued her wall goes back up. On each row the a wall won't go down if a player is on its axis. After you cross to another row or open a door in a room, the walls of that row break.

The bottom room opens when the you cross to the second room, and the walls in the second, third and fourth room, only break once until you either cross or open the door.

I played this map like 6 hours on Lunatic+, my memory may be a bit foggy, but this is all the information I know about the map.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!
#69juanyiyiPosted 6/18/2013 8:15:22 PM
Jaricko posted...
juanyiyi posted...
Jaricko posted...

I was more pointing out the fact that even with fire emblem video game logic considered. The way that level works makes no sense. Unless sorcerers suddenly have the ability to do this using dark magic...

Other maps in the rest of the series also have this unexplicable obstacle. Like in FE6 and FE7.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!
#70DemiseEndPosted 6/18/2013 8:15:32 PM
Lets not forget that you get 1% Critted at Turn 200 >_>
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it