Am I the only one who doesn't see the point to using bows/archers?

#1Shadowstar108Posted 6/18/2013 5:02:32 PM
In my experience, bows and archers are kind of bad, mostly because they cannot attack when a guy with an axe goes to bust a unit's skull in. Mages, however, can respond accordingly and often do just as well. My friend keeps insisting that I need archers and that they are one of the best classes in the game, but I'm not seeing it.
---
"Think we should tell them about the hexes, or sell it as is?"
#2uuurrrgghPosted 6/18/2013 5:06:39 PM
-longbow

-better defense than mages

-all of its weapons are effective against fliers

-dat skill

-usually bows have better accuaracy(haven't checked this game yet)
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#3super_cynthiaPosted 6/18/2013 5:12:48 PM
what he said... and not being able to counterattack is meaning less when you hae galeforce and can switch to a different person
---
i was sent back in time to fix the world, and accidentally sent to the Dark Souls universe... after months of fighting and leveling up, I HAVE FINALLY RETURNED!
#4Rideps1Posted 6/18/2013 5:13:17 PM
K
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Officer of janitorial duties in Zerdark's Cipher Syndicate.
#5WestbrickVIIPosted 6/18/2013 5:15:26 PM
Everyone agrees that archers are terrible except in Gaiden and FE10.
#6juanyiyiPosted 6/18/2013 5:16:40 PM
FE11/12 bow users aren't that bad either.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!
#7dr_burger92Posted 6/18/2013 5:18:40 PM
I once did a MU sniper, and gave him pass and counter as abilities to offset the natural weaknesses. The bows in this game are quite powerful and useful.

The only thing I really dislike about the class in this game is that they are very slow compared to the other classes. I remember my archers in other FE games having usually fantastic speed with decent speed caps. This game seems to make them tankier than agile.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#8RDS1Posted 6/18/2013 5:19:03 PM
Archers have the dubious distinction of being the only class that can't reliably solo maps, due to the possibility of being boxed in by enemies.

I still love them and find them fun to use.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#9HonzouPosted 6/18/2013 5:29:41 PM
Archers shouldn't be able to solo maps.

Anyways Counter is basically the best skill for Snipers to remove their "enemy phase" weakness. But in this game Snipers are more of a crit/skill rather than a dodge tank in this game.

Personally Sniper is one of my fave classes because it is more interesting coming up strategies is actually rewarding.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#10WestbrickVIIPosted 6/18/2013 5:30:33 PM
RDS1 posted...
Archers have the dubious distinction of being the only class that can't reliably solo maps, due to the possibility of being boxed in by enemies.

They can solo maps; back in the day, TheCrimsonBlur pulled off a miraculous Wil HHM solo.