Why does everyone hate Tharja?

#221Double_ZetaPosted 6/23/2013 5:10:25 PM
I find Tharja's personality unappealing, and I don't like stalker-type characters.

Looks alone aren't enough for me to like a character.
#222OsrangerPosted 6/23/2013 5:21:52 PM
Is this topic rerailing itself?
---
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?
#223anubis_realmPosted 6/23/2013 5:26:57 PM
Tharja = Urd from Oh My Goddess

I can't hate her, I love her.
#224Strawberry_EggsPosted 6/23/2013 5:31:34 PM(edited)
She's more like a sometimes-malicious Sunako Nakahara from The Wallflower.
---
The sound flows, follows till they're home; Dragged by the power of dreams
That power is yet unknown
#225ariasplashPosted 6/23/2013 5:30:21 PM
Osranger posted...
Is this topic rerailing itself?

Enjoy it while it lasts. The true apocalypse is upon us. I expect a full on war sometime tonight.
---
Owain! Please stop pouring that Captain Crunch!
#226katellaPosted 6/23/2013 6:21:55 PM(edited)
Raltrios posted...
katella posted...
You began slinging insults in regards to my style of posting, which eventually led to you mocking my ability to present english, when there's clearly little to nothing wrong with it.

Looks like you'll never learn Raltrios. You don't even need to mention someone's appearance to defend their bland personality. I've described to you the flaws in your pathetic beach dlc argument and you completely ignored them. You tell me I'm ignoring your "facts" by restating my own, when in actuality, all that I'm doing is making it easier for you to see the counters. But you can't see them, so I'm unwilling to debate, seriously, any further with someone who can't debate themselves without getting frustrated. And yes, your ego is your motivation in continuing this argument and there's no denying it. I simply agreed to disagree. In your case however, you seem to have it in your head that you have this debate in the bag and I find THAT humorous.

I can continue this forever, if you'd like. To page 500! Lets see how much patience you have until you finally learn the flaw of your ways.

There's nothing wrong with your English, what's wrong is how you think you can debate without actually, y'know, debating.

You argued the beach DLC? All I recall is that you tried to stuff Fred's supports down my throat time and time again...

I don't need to mention appearance to defend personality because appearance has little to do with personality. And yet you still brought it up thinking it was relevant. Why is that? Wait, why am I even asking? You haven't bothered to answer any of my challenges so far, so it's not like you'll do so any time soon...

You aren't making it easier for me to see the counters. Hell, I've clarified your own arguments FOR YOU, and followed that with counters of my own. You've - why do I have to repeat myself again? - avoided direct confrontation. Example:

- You say Cordelia is a Mary Sue with no good qualities.
- I say Mary Sue is a term that applies to everyone in the game, and point out good qualities plainly.
- You never make any mention of my counter, and continue to believe your argument contains merit without backing it up, or even so much as rephrasing yourself in a way more beneficial to your side of the argument. You literally do nothing to help your position.

I don't know how I can make it any clearer to you - you aren't even trying anymore. You are either unwilling or unable to continue, as evidenced by that fact that are simply no longer even debating anything whatsoever. This can't possibly NOT make sense to you. Please, please tell me you can understand how that makes you look! You look like you've given up! And THAT'S why I sound like I think I'm winning all the time - you aren't even fighting anymore!

Again, here's your ego getting the best of you~ it's okay to not be used to losing. The reason why I'm no longer discussing Cordelia is because it seems I'm the only person clever enough to foresee the end result here, and you don't want to stop. Again, ego. You are so full of yourself in thinking you're unstoppable and your play of words that extend your posts into novels is uninteresting. The only thing left here is for you to own up to yourself and admit that it's over. Even Osranger agrees with me, and he's a taguel! You need to wake up to reality and accept the facts laid out before you. You can't progress any further, you have reiterated the same garbage over and over, because I've stopped and you don't want to because of your fanserviced character obsession over a video game character.

You seem to be a smart individual, so put some more sense into your situation and don't let your testosterone continue to get the best out of you. ;3
---
On GameFaqs boards, Alt + F4 is your bestest friend. ^_^
~FE7's Official Waifu~
#227juanyiyiPosted 6/23/2013 6:27:03 PM
Hahahahahhahhaha, oh this topic.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!
#228cherchelovePosted 6/23/2013 6:34:23 PM
juanyiyi posted...
Hahahahahhahhaha, oh this topic.

Careful! Katella will yell at you.
---
Don't mind me.......
#229OsrangerPosted 6/23/2013 6:34:27 PM
Dang it, I thought that this was over.

This argument is stalemated since both positive and negative personality traits are confirmed and it is all opinion on whether more weight is given to the positive or negative ones.

Both cases have been supported by the best evidence the game can offer and all that is left is a circular reiteration of opinions that has been happening for the past day or so.
---
The surest way not to lose is to not play, but where's the fun in that?
#230juanyiyiPosted 6/23/2013 6:35:47 PM
Osranger posted...
Dang it, I thought that this was over.

This argument is stalemated since both positive and negative personality traits are confirmed and it is all opinion on whether more weight is given to the positive or negative ones.

Both cases have been supported by the best evidence the game can offer and all that is left is a circular reiteration of opinions that has been happening for the past day or so.

You are forgetting which people are part of the argument.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!