Heard this game owns, few questions

#1TDragon777Posted 6/23/2013 5:31:52 PM
Hate to say this but i am not one for "story" games HOWEVER, I can get behind it if the story revolves around me aka custom character. I heard you can make a character in this game but are they the actual character the game follows or is it just a regular character and is the game based off someone else?

I am into a more custom character experience/sandbox-overworld type of game, not necessarily a game that follows a linear story,etc.

Can someone clear that up for me? Also, this is a single player game only right? No multilplayer or anything?
---
Name: Ant / FC: 1633-3850-8933 - BRAWL
#2juanyiyiPosted 6/23/2013 5:34:35 PM
This is not a sandbox experience game, but yes, the story revolves around the character you create.

This is a single player game.

Now leave this board, Quickly! For your own safety.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!
#3Strawberry_EggsPosted 6/23/2013 5:35:08 PM
You can customize a character and name him/her whatever you'd like, but s/he has his/her own set personality (though not a very strong one) and backstory. Also, this game's story is very much linear.
---
The sound flows, follows till they're home; Dragged by the power of dreams
That power is yet unknown
#4TDragon777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 5:37:42 PM
juanyiyi posted...
This is not a sandbox experience game, but yes, the story revolves around the character you create.

Now leave this board, Quickly! For your own safety.

I noticed you can create an avatar but how does that translate into the cutscenes? Is your character included in them, how is it customized?

And I asked about the sandbox style because it seemed like an overworld type of game where you can buy/sell things from different cities, and mess a lot with your group.
---
#5LuminozeroPosted 6/23/2013 5:39:50 PM
Your character will not be present in the CG Cutscenes (That spot is taking by the other main character, Chrom) usually. However, your character is very much a central part of the plot of the game.
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#6ariasplashPosted 6/23/2013 5:43:45 PM
The entire plot of the game revolves around your custom character.
---
Owain! Please stop pouring that Captain Crunch!
#7TDragon777(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 5:44:28 PM
Luminozero posted...
Your character will not be present in the CG Cutscenes (That spot is taking by the other main character, Chrom) usually. However, your character is very much a central part of the plot of the game.

Hmm...im gonna do a bit more reading but yeah im not the biggest fan of straight up linear games, thought there would be a bit more freedom in this game. What about the party/group type of gameplay. I hear you can set people up to fight together and get certain people in your group married,etc. How does that play out?

Does anyone have a good reference video I can check out?

Thanks for all the responses.
---
#8scigeek101Posted 6/23/2013 8:32:19 PM
TDragon777 posted...
Luminozero posted...

Hmm...im gonna do a bit more reading but yeah im not the biggest fan of straight up linear games, thought there would be a bit more freedom in this game. What about the party/group type of gameplay. I hear you can set people up to fight together and get certain people in your group married,etc. How does that play out?

Does anyone have a good reference video I can check out?

Thanks for all the responses.

Basically the game structure works like this. There are about 26 "Chapters" or missions that make up the main story, these must be tackled in order, or you must finish one to make the next one appear on the world map and so on. Aside from these there are another 25 or so "Paralogues" or side missions that you can choose to undertake (or not) from whenever they become available. So basically you do have to do the story in order but you are perfectly free to break from that and do other things if you wish.

From the world map you are free to shop at any store from anywhere in the game, fight groups of enemies that appear over previously cleared chapters. Summon groups of fighters to the map to engage in battle with. Mess with your team etc. These are all purely optional and can be done pretty much any time you want.

Basically the marriage system works like this, part of the game mechanic for this game allows two units to pair up and fight together in battle granting stats boosts and special attacks and defense bonuses to the character being supported. Essentially when units fight with each other they gain affection points of a sort. Gain enough points and you can up their relationship level which makes their bond in battle stronger. Opposite sex pairs have the option of reaching an S relationship rank which will result in marriage and a child. This opens up a new map where you recruit the child and the child will inherit some of the attributes of the parents like skills and stats and jobs and such.

This game is by far the least linear game in the series, however it is by no means a sandbox game. Check out www.serenesforest.net/fe13/ for more information. It contains more detailed information on this games systems.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#9hogman200Posted 6/23/2013 8:50:58 PM
juanyiyi posted...

isn't there that double duel or is that just bad( never tried it )
but there is streetpass fights where you fight 10 of some guys units

and to make this game even less linerde you can summon old units from older games like marth ike and roy (you might know them from ssb) and fight\recruit them into your teem
---
I thank you for taking the time to read this sig, and apologies for haveing nothing funny to sa-EEEEKKKKK A SPIDER!