Thinking of buying this game, can anyone sell me on it?

#1SilverSockPosted 6/24/2013 5:50:57 PM
So I'm scanning the reviews and mostly liking what I see. I've played Shadow Dragon and enjoyed it; the only frustrating part to me was the pressure to exploit save points to ensure my units didn't end up with terrible level up stats. But I suppose I can deal with that.

So far I've picked up Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing for my 3DS, and I'm considering this to be the last game to tide me over until Pokemon X/Y and Smash Bros. come out.

I guess my only concern is does one need to use the paid DLC to really enjoy this game, and if so to what extent? Paid DLC has been a bit of a red flag to me in the past and I want to know how much of an impact it has on this game.

Any input is appreciated, thank you!
---
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!
#2Im_CometPosted 6/24/2013 5:58:21 PM
DLC is like extra content that isn't at all necessary unless you want to faceroll Lunatic+.

And even then.

I have literally no DLC and I have dumped 100+ hours into this game across six total saves.

Also, SD was one of the worst in the series, so if you liked it, you'll LOVE the rest.

Also, this game pretty much throws you a waifu, if you're into that kind of stuff, or just want to play around.

Now stay off of this board until you finish a playthrough, this board will make you want to die sometimes.
---
I broke out of Lao's file, don't mind me.
I tend to cause death by proximity, so please be careful.
#3k69DegreesPosted 6/24/2013 6:00:29 PM
Im_Comet posted...
Now stay off of this board until you finish a playthrough, this board will make you want to die most of the time.
#4HonzouPosted 6/24/2013 6:00:58 PM
It's either this or Project X Zone if you are looking for an SRPG. I totally suggest this game cause it is overall better than SD.

Also in this game you have the option of leaving no man/lady behind because you can reclass/promote endlessly even though the punishment is diminished exp returns. Also this is the game that allows you cap all your units if you do so desire so.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#5MagnemightPosted 6/24/2013 6:03:23 PM
Im_Comet posted...
Also, this game pretty much throws you a waifu, if you're into that kind of stuff, or just want to play around.

Am I really the only one that stayed a bachelor on the first playthrough?
---
A.K.A. Magnemania.
Fritz0x8: I dont kno what sentient means | willingmess: Just know that the word does not describe you.
#6SilverSock(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 6:03:36 PM
Thanks everyone, that's all very helpful! I think I'll go for it. And, at your suggestion, I'll now disappear from this board.
---
Help Wanted: New Sig
Post something funny, and be (temporarily) immortalized here!