I know how the next fire emblem could improve

#1GoIdenAcePosted 6/24/2013 8:15:26 PM
#1 keep pair up, but have 3 changes:
a-make it give +stats and -stats, less -stats the higher the support
b-allow enemies to do it, but not abuse it (they don't abuse rescue/fortify like us)
c-allow it to be 2way (when you select, say, Donnel, to pair up with, say, Sully, allow us to choose whether or not we want Donnel to be supporting Sully, or Sully be supporting Donnel) thus making pair-ups have similar functions to rescues from past games

#2 improve the skill and reclass system by:
a-keep the second seals and way of gaining skills, but bring back skill weight and capacity from PoR/R
b-allow skills to stack (this, being balanced out by the skill's weight)
c-have everyone select from the same "pool" of skills (example: Chrom can unequip the dualstrike+ skill, then Maribelle can equip it)

#3 more chapters (I think somewhere like 35-40 would be nice)

#4 more focus on the story (as much focus as they obviously added to the walhart ark)

#5 balance and Improve the Avatar by:
a-give us a select pool of "personalities" (even if it is only 4 or 5) so they don't seem so bland
b-limit class options down to 5 instead of every class (males should have an all different class set as females)
c-allow us to have even more customization than FE12 (hair, eye, height, skin tone, exc)
d-not having them be such an important part of the story, have them be a supporting character, much like say Lissa, or Frederick
====

There, I think this would be some great improvements they could add to FE14, when and if they make it
---
Anna's Official Husband | Going WiiU/PC this gen, and nothing will change that
Currently making a fanfic, link will be in sig soon
#2WestbrickVIIPosted 6/24/2013 8:30:03 PM
1c is broken and 1b would add another layer of luck to fighting enemies. If enemies have pair up, they shouldn't be able to dual strike / guard.

2c ends up making bad characters worse and good characters better. Rather than a "pool" of skills, weak units or units who are recruited late should come with great skills off the bat.

Rest looks very good.
#3vanguard29Posted 6/24/2013 8:32:07 PM
delarosa1101 posted...
b-allow enemies to do it, but not abuse it (they don't abuse rescue/fortify like us)
c-allow it to be 2way (when you select, say, Donnel, to pair up with, say, Sully, allow us to choose whether or not we want Donnel to be supporting Sully, or Sully be supporting Donnel) thus making pair-ups have similar functions to rescues from past games

a-keep the second seals and way of gaining skills, but bring back skill weight and capacity from PoR/R
c-have everyone select from the same "pool" of skills (example: Chrom can unequip the dualstrike+ skill, then Maribelle can equip it)

#4 more focus on the story (as much focus as they obviously added to the walhart ark)

a-give us a select pool of "personalities" (even if it is only 4 or 5) so they don't seem so bland
b-limit class options down to 5 instead of every class (males should have an all different class set as females)
c-allow us to have even more customization than FE12 (hair, eye, height, skin tone, exc)
d-not having them be such an important part of the story, have them be a supporting character, much like say Lissa, or Frederick

1. Pair up balancing would be needed. The way they do it is something i care little about, but it would certainly need to be down if they want to keep it. I cant say if your solution fixes it, but at least you had a suggestion.

2. I dont dislike those ideas. The "skill pool" would be interesting, but im not sure if i would like it. But i would very much like skill weight back, for balance purposes, and to lower dependance on skills. maybe limit the number of reclassing? i really like reclassing, but a limit would help balance.

3. we have so, so many chapters. 30-40 story chapters would mean no paralouges. i am fine with the current amount of story chapters. more would be fine, but i could deal with mid to high twenties.

4. of course that would be nice.

5. a. More personalities would be very nice.
b. Ok, only if i can choose my classes.
c. always good.
d. i agree as well

Pretty good ideas, but IS would have to continue to work on balance for it to be a great game.
#4GoIdenAce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 8:44:05 PM
@vanguard29 I actually meant 30-40 story chapters AS WELL AS having paralogues. also, making paralogues be actual side stories (perhaps string 2-3 together) but keep the fact that there is no army size limitation on going to them (like what SD did)
---
#5Im_GregorPosted 6/24/2013 8:45:08 PM
delarosa1101 posted...
sounds good
okay, but they can't have Dual Strike or Guard
okay

I'm fine with this
yep
No

seems good, as long as the story is good

yep

yep
okay, but allow players to pick those classes at the start of the game
yeah
NO
====

There, I think this would be some great improvements they could add to FE14, when and if they make it

---
IS ADMIN GREGOR TIME!
Is the current ruler of Regna Ferox and weapons/equipment inventor/manufacturer for the Cipher Syndicate of the FE:A board
#6vanguard29Posted 6/24/2013 8:46:50 PM
delarosa1101 posted...
@vanguard29 I actually meant 30-40 story chapters AS WELL AS having paralogues. also, making paralogues be actual side stories (perhaps string 2-3 together) but keep the fact that there is no army size limitation on going to them (like what SD did)

that would be a lot of game to play. and if we did that, id rather no postgame.... but thats just me.

I also had a reclassing idea. No skill pool, but skill weight, and you learn skills from clases, like in FEA. but you are limited to three tier twos, or two depending on length of game and max stats... but if you go for 2 tier twos (or only one) then you can go through 3 tier ones. You wont get the best skills, but you will have the ability to go through more classes, equalling more stats.
#7GoIdenAce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 8:50:17 PM
vanguard29 posted...
delarosa1101 posted...

that would be a lot of game to play. and if we did that, id rather no postgame.... but thats just me.

I also had a reclassing idea. No skill pool, but skill weight, and you learn skills from clases, like in FEA. but you are limited to three tier twos, or two depending on length of game and max stats... but if you go for 2 tier twos (or only one) then you can go through 3 tier ones. You wont get the best skills, but you will have the ability to go through more classes, equalling more stats.

if there is any post game it would be probably just random risen battles (we would keep the mape feature in FE13)

I would think a requirement is that everyone has 2 base classes, and they are "next" to each other (ie, they share 1 advanced class) so each unit normally only has 5 different possible classes to choose from, as apposed to Fe13's 8
---
#8VirusLordPosted 6/24/2013 8:51:18 PM
This game has 43 chapters if you count basic paralogues, and a whopping 49 if you additionally count the post-game spotpass paralogues (and that's discounting Prelude and Prologue, FYI). It's a pretty nice size, though it would've been nice if the paralogues tied in better to the story.

For reference, FE7 had up to 43 chapters if you play Hector's mode and include Lyn's story and every side chapter, putting it at second place. FE8, on the other hand had a measly 23 chapters (29 if you count the unique chapters from the separate story paths). Of course, FE4 had the smallest chapter count in the whole series, but given the massive size of each chapter, each one really counts as several chapters relative to other games...
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW
#9vanguard29Posted 6/24/2013 9:07:03 PM
delarosa1101 posted...
vanguard29 posted...
delarosa1101 posted...

if there is any post game it would be probably just random risen battles (we would keep the mape feature in FE13)

I would think a requirement is that everyone has 2 base classes, and they are "next" to each other (ie, they share 1 advanced class) so each unit normally only has 5 different possible classes to choose from, as apposed to Fe13's 8

so like myr and theif (then assassin, SM, and Trickster)... could work.
#10Czar_YoshiPosted 6/24/2013 9:21:36 PM
delarosa1101 posted...
Either A and S supports would still be OP, C supports would be a liability, or there wouldn't be enough of a difference between C and A.
I'm fine with enemies with rescue staves, because it would imply that they know how to use them effectively, and better AI is something this game needs.
Makes grinding too easy by essentially letting someone strike and then hide behind a tank without Galeforce.

But Limit Break would still be the best skill, but it's capacity issues would reduce the skillslots available even more and just reduce strategy in choosing skills.
Excellent. 5 DG+'s on each character and I'm completely invincible while paired up.
Makes inheritance completely useless and Sorcerer even more broken.

I'd rather have bigger, Geneology-style chapters. The problem with the story wasn't that it didn't have long enough to develope, it's that it didn't use the time it had. Larger, better maps would be better then more variations on Arena Ferox, as well.

Which would be... Nothing? Yes, the story needs more work, but it's easy to say, "fix the game by balancing characters, making the maps and story interesting, etc" because that's very vague. Any particular ideas?

One personality would work just fine if it existed. As-is, Robin even admits that he's not very interesting in Owain's C support.
Make it three, and make them chooseable at the start. Pending class balance, this would work well.
I'd rather have no customization and instead more screentime in the CGI cutscenes myself, but that's a matter of opinion.
No. The story needs to be fleshed out more, not less.

delarosa1101 posted...

Reduces character customization, widens the difference between those with good skills and those without, and throws more children under the bus.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!