CYOA: Discord

#1FeMUPosted 6/25/2013 12:32:58 AM
Not getting any sleep tonight, so I thought I'd try my hand. If it goes well, great! If not, oh well. Here goes.

- - - - -

PROLOGUE: Soul's Purpose

You appear in a small, cozy den in some sort of building. A fire roars in the fireplace, in front of which sits a large, comfortable-looking chair. In it sits a proud-looking, older man with a large open book in his lap. As you look around, you notice that your form is fleeting and can make out no discerning characteristics about yourself. Even your gender is a mystery to you. The man, sensing your distress, looks up and smiles at you.

"Greetings, wayward soul," the man says, putting a bookmark in his book and closing it. "I am the keeper of this world, a deity of old, revered by many. And you, my new acquiantance, are about to partake in a world-changing crusade."

The man motions to his left. You turn your head to regard four elaborate portraits on the wall, each one seemingly brilliant with life. Each portrait depicts a single person, two male, two female. As you look at each in turn, the man speaks again.

"These four people have the capacity to alter the fate of the world, each in their own time. You will become one of them and shape not only your destiny, but the destiny of all in this reality. Life itself may be preserved or snuffed out entirely, dependent on your actions. I will tell you more of the world once your decision is made. Now, please inspect each portrait closely, and then tell me: Who are you?"

After spending time studying the intricacies of each portrait, you have made your decision. You turn to the man and open your mouth, saying these words:

A - "I am Morgan, the daughter of Robin and Tiki. The blood of the divine dragon and the fell dragon both flow in my veins. I struggle to contain the awe-inspiring power of my birthright, and some forsake me for this. But I also use what precious little control I have to help the world that my parents saved."

B - "I am Norne, the son of Nah and Yarne. My unique bloodline allows me to use both Beaststones and Dragonstones with ease. My previously unheard-of racial mixture and my awkward appearance cause most to scorn me and my existence. As a result, I am withdrawn and rather sullen, and spend most of my time with my parents."

C - "I am Cassandra, the daughter of Lucina and Inigo. My Brand manifested early and covers nearly my entire back. I am the eldest child and therefore next in the line of exalts. My greatest strengths lie in communication and herboring good relations, so I am often sent to head diplomatic missions between Ylisse and other nations. I am friendly and compassionate, but frightfully effective at getting the things I want."

D - "I am Ingus, the son of Owain and Cynthia. I trained under the Radiant Hero Priam, and none can call themselves my equal with the blade. A so-called fact I remind people of often, and loudly. I am a brash, untoward man with aspirations as high as the heavens themselves. Battle is my namesake, and heroism is my lifeblood. I will make my parents proud."
---
Female Avatar, wife of Chrom, and Ylisse's master tactician.
I'm not always in RP mode; I help out when I can.
#2LanceGT0Posted 6/25/2013 12:36:59 AM
DEFINETALY A!
---
GMT: +7
#3SwordMasterEXPosted 6/25/2013 12:37:02 AM
Such a tough choice, but I'm going with D.
---
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information.
#4Spitz_of_TFFPosted 6/25/2013 12:37:53 AM
Hm... A, B, and D All sound like great options...

I'll go with D, because compared to other CYOA's, we need a brash MC.
---
Check out my CYOA HERE: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66270067
I'm Insane! Who keeps shooting me every time I talk?! *shot*
#5FeMU(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 12:47:43 AM
So be it. D it is. Stay tuned.
---
#6FeMU(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 1:07:26 AM
“An excellent choice,” the man says as beams of light and wind encircle you and infuse you with power. Soon, the light vanishes and you step forward, your form complete. Taking a moment to examine yourself, you find that your hair is shoulder-length and blonde, and is pulled back. Looking in a mirror reveals you have brown eyes, and are dressed in the trappings of a Hero. Your armor has a green color scheme to it. You stand approximately 6 feet tall.

“Are you pleased with your appearance?” the man asks. You nod in response, and he smiles. “But yet there is one thing missing. You have no weapon. As a hero of your caliber, no doubt you’ve overwhelming proficiency with the sword and axe. As my final boon, I shall grant you one of the legendary weapons you see before you.” With a wave of his hands, four weapons manifest on pedestals, each gleaming with power. “Which shall it be?”

You reply with:

A – “I choose Durandal, the sword wielded by Roland in the time of the Scouring and by Eliwood to defeat the dark druid Nergal.”
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Durandal

B – “I choose Ragnell, the weapon wielded by the hero Ike, keeper of the Aetherian legacy.”
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Ragnell

C – “I choose Armads, the axe wielded by Durban of the Western Isles and Lord Hector of the Lycian League."
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Armads

D – “I choose Garm, the axe wielded by Grado, the founder of the country of Grado and the man who sealed the Demon King.”
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Garm
---
#7SwordMasterEXPosted 6/25/2013 1:09:39 AM
B is for 2 range weapon.
---
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information.
#8Spitz_of_TFFPosted 6/25/2013 1:15:04 AM

I choose Reginleif?

Oh fine, be that way... Eveybody knows Lance lords are cooler though...

B for 2 range.
---
Check out my CYOA HERE: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66270067
#9FeMU(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 1:22:40 AM
Spitz_of_TFF posted...

I choose Reginleif?

B for 2 range.

Well you could've picked Cassandra. But, so it goes. B it is. Stay tuned.
---
#10Spitz_of_TFFPosted 6/25/2013 1:24:14 AM
FeMU posted...
Spitz_of_TFF posted...

I choose Reginleif?

B for 2 range.

Well you could've picked Cassandra. But, so it goes. B it is. Stay tuned.

You gave the cool weapon type to the least interesting one?!

Feh.

*stays tuned*
---