Rate the Character, Chapter 38: Frederick!Noire, Virion!Noire and Vaike!Noire

#1guedesbrawlPosted 6/27/2013 6:19:48 PM
Welcome to my Series, Rate the Character! Here, we will be analyzing each and every combination of 2nd generation characters, and giving them a rank of D (lowest), C, B, A and S (Highest). These topics usually will last just a single day, so be careful not to miss them!

There is a list of the currently rated characters with a small intro to each rank for you to use as a base, if you are having trouble. But first, what do we use as a base for ranking the kids? What we SHOULDN'T consider? If you are not sure on how to proceed, take a look here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66253616

About Revote Paralogues:

You can nominate previously rated pairings to be brought back and re-discussed. There are more details in this topic, make sure you read it if you are nominating:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66329592

Finally back on schedule... Sorry, i really had other interferences, but now NO MORTAL AFFAIR WILL STOP ME FROM MAINTAINING ORDER!

Yeah, except this is supposed to be the next Paralogue, but I counted the votes after i was done with the topic... so much for order...

Well, tomorrow is Paralogue day, then!

-------------
Character Ranking and Nominations:

S Rank: The very best pairings, Avatar notwithstanding.
*Sumia!Lucina (0/0 !A)
*Olivia!Lucina (0/0 !A)
*Ricken!Owain (0/0 !A)
*Chrom!Inigo
*Frederick!Inigo (0/0 !A)
*Libra!Inigo (0/0 !A)
*Henry!Brady
*Lon'qu!Brady (0/0 !A)
*Gregor!Brady (0/0 !A)
*Vaike!Kjelle
*Donnel!Kjelle
*Gaius!Kjelle (0/0!A)
*Gregor!Kjelle
*Henry!Cynthia
*Frederick!Severa
*Stahl!Severa
*Lon'qu!Severa (0/0!)
*Frederick!Gerome
*Stahl!Gerome
*Gregor!Gerome
*Stahl!Yarne (4/4)
*Gregor!Yarne (4/4)
*Gregor!Laurent

A Rank: Great pairings, can't go wrong picking those.
*Stahl!Owain (0/0 !B)
*Libra!Owain
*Henry!Owain
*Stahl!Inigo
*Kellam!Inigo
*Ricken!Inigo (1/4)
*Henry!Inigo
*Gaius!Brady (1/4)
*Libra!Brady
*Henry!Kjelle
*Chrom!Cynthia
*Frederick!Cynthia
*Gaius!Cynthia (1/4)
*Vaike!Severa (0/0!)
*Kellam!Severa
*Ricken!Severa
*Gaius!Severa
*Gregor!Severa
*Vaike!Gerome (3/4)
*Frederick!Yarne
*Kellam!Yarne
*Ricken!Yarne
*Gaius!Yarne (0/0!)
*Frederick!Laurent
*Stahl!Laurent
*Lon'qu!Laurent
*Gaius!Laurent

B Rank: Good pairings. Can work decently.
*Maribelle!Lucina (1/4)
*Frederick!Owain
*Kellam!Owain
*Donnel!Owain
*Gregor!Owain
*Virion!Inigo
*Virion!Brady
*Vaike!Brady (2/4)
*Stahl!Brady
*Donnel!Brady
*Libra!Kjelle (4/4)
*Virion!Severa
*Kellam!Gerome (1/4)
*Lon'qu!Gerome
*Ricken!Gerome
*Gaius!Gerome
*Henry!Gerome
*Donnel!Yarne
*Lon'qu!Yarne
*Kellam!Laurent
*Donnel!Laurent
*Ricken!Laurent

C Rank: Average and limited pairings.
*Sully!Lucina
*Virion!Owain
*Vaike!Owain
*Lon'qu!Owain
*Gaius!Owain
*Vaike!Inigo
*Lon'qu!Inigo
*Gaius!Inigo
*Chrom!Brady
*Frederick!Brady
*Kellam!Brady
*Ricken!Brady
*Virion!Kjelle
*Kellam!Kjelle
*Lon'qu!Kjelle
*Ricken!Kjelle
*Libra!Severa
*Henry!Severa
*Libra!Gerome
*Virion!Yarne
*Vaike!Yarne
*Libra!Yarne
*Henry!Yarne
*Virion!Laurent
*Vaike!Laurent

D Rank: Awful pairings. Cripples the kids, or are useless.
*Maiden!Lucina
*Donnel!Inigo
*Gregor!Inigo
*Frederick!Kjelle
*Chrom!Kjelle
*Stahl!Kjelle
*Donnel!Severa
*Virion!Gerome
*Donnel!Gerome
*Libra!Laurent
*Henry!Laurent
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 6:49:58 PM(edited)
-------------
*Default Noire:

Classes Available: Archer, Sniper, Bow Knight, Dark Mage, Sorceror, Dark Knight, Knight, General, Great Knight, Bride.

Skills Available: Skill +2, Prescience, Hit Rate +20, Bowfaire, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker, Hex, Anathema, Vengeance, Tomebreaker, Slow Burn, Lifetaker, Defense +2, Indoor Fighter, Rally Defense, Pavise, Luna, Dual Guard+, Rally Heart, Bond, All Stats +2, Paragon, Iote's Shield, Limit Breaker.
-------------

-------------
*Frederick!Noire:

*New Classes Available: Cavalier, Paladin, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider.

*New Skills Available: Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Defender, Aegis, Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker.

*Modifiers:
+4 Defense.
+3 Strength.
+2 Magic and Skill.
+1 Resistance.
0 Speed.
-2 Luck
-------------

Very good relevant mods outside of Speed (although it's not that bad), as usual from The Wary. Her Pavise + his Aegis is excellent for leading, and she gets Wyvern Rider, granting 2 more breakers and Deliverer. It's not exactly what Noire wants... but it's decent enough to work. B rank, almost A.

-------------
*Virion!Noire:

*New Classes Available: Mage, Sage, Wyvern Rider, Wyvern Lord, Griffon Rider.

*New Skills Available: Magic +2, Focus, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Strength +2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, Lancebreaker.

*Modifiers:
+4 Magic and Speed .
+2 Skill.
+1 Strength and Resistance.
0 Defense.
-3 Luck.
-------------

Wyvern Rider is useful, as i've explained above. Well, Magic is good, as she can go as a support Sage or grab Tomefaire for some Dark Magic. Very good mods, too. I'm think this is B, but barely better than C.

-------------
*Vaike!Noire:

*New Classes Available: Mercenary, Hero, Thief, Trickster, Assassin.

*New Skills Available: Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Axebreaker, Locktouch, Movement +1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat, Lethality, Pass.

*Special Inheritance: HP +5, Zeal, Rally Strength, Counter, Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire

*Modifiers:
+4 Strength.
+3 Speed.
+2 Defense and Magic.
+1 Skill.
-1 Resistance.
-3 Luck.
-------------

Sol and Armsthrift are always good for Sorcerors. She gets almost all she needed to work as an efficient Sniper (lacks Galeforce), can be an Axefaire Hero or Bowfaire Assassin for support. B rank.

Heh, Noire is the opposite of Yarne, she can make Thief useful by default, an he can make Archer useful by default...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#3Im_GregorPosted 6/27/2013 6:25:30 PM
B/C/B

There's a few errors in the skills, Vaike!Noire can't get Vantage
---
IS ADMIN GREGOR TIME!
Is the current ruler of Regna Ferox and weapons/equipment inventor/manufacturer for the Cipher Syndicate of the FE:A board
#4TaiphlosionPosted 6/27/2013 6:26:39 PM
BBB
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#5Model_OmegaPosted 6/27/2013 6:57:46 PM(edited)
Freddy!Noire: I don't really bite, all you really get is Cavalier, and the relatively rare Knight is wasted, the stat caps are also all over the place, feeling very physical but with a bad 0 speed bonus, C
Virion!Noire: You get Mage for Tomefaire, which can make Noire a more powerful spellcaster, and Noire by default has a kind of good skill set already, but there are way better pairings, C
The Vaike!Noire: The weakest of the Vaike Daughters, Vaike is really best for a physical character, and Noire doesn't tend toward that. You get Merc but only thief with it, which won't help much, C.

EDIT: Nominate Maribelle!Lucina, quite underrated, and it's my second favourite Lucina, just behind Sumia (MU excluded obviously)
---
Patrolling the Awakening message boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#6guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 6:40:51 PM
Im_Gregor posted...
B/C/B

There's a few errors in the skills, Vaike!Noire can't get Vantage

yep, but Gregor!Noire can, right? Thanks.
---
Confession Time!
#7HanierPosted 6/27/2013 6:48:10 PM
Freddy!Noire: Knight gets wasted, but Pavgis becomes an option. Deliverer's great as usual. Bow Knight support could be an option, but it seems kind of meh to me. Pavgis is pretty good on a Sorcerer, though. B.
Virion!Noire: Good mods, trash skills, pretty much. C.
Vaike!Noire: ...Eh. She can do Assassin and Hero support, at least. And maybe something gimmicky like Trickster support with a Levin Sword. B.

Just saying, but while I have no idea why Tharja starts with Knight, getting Luna/DG+ from the start is pretty nice, actually.

(You also wrote Frederick!Laurent instead of Frederick!Noire.)

Nominate Vaike!Gerome.
#8Pitbuller_26Posted 6/27/2013 6:50:03 PM
Frederick!Noire: B

Virion!Noire: B

Vaike!Noire: B
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-2062.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#9guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 6:50:20 PM
^fixed. thanks!
---
Confession Time!
#10NidtendofreakPosted 6/27/2013 6:57:42 PM
Noire should interesting to judge parents for as she already has Luna + DG + Pavise + Sorc.

Frederick!Noire: both defensive skills + a meh selfhealing + luna combo available.. Bad speed mod, gets some more breakers. Adds a bit to her ability to support. B.

Virion!Noire: Same as above, but with more magic + speed + tomefaire at the cost of aegis. B.

Vaike!Noire: Sol + AT with the skills she already has makes it so you're close to a tanky Sorc. Can also inherit Wraith and get close to the VVW set up. Close to A, have to go with B ultimately.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.