im sick of people saying archers/snipers are bad

#81WestbrickVIIPosted 6/28/2013 2:06:18 PM
Honzou posted...
Someone got their panties in a twist eh, mate?

Please stop thinking about me in panties you perverted ****.

Just thought this would do ya some good. as like I said you acted like a Gestapo cause he just said that the TC should just get over and use Snipers if he wants to. Which you reply in mocking manner.

This is not a complicated conversation. OP said archers / snipers are good. Saying "idgaf archers / snipers are liberating" is not an answer to the OP's question.
#82Wandering__HeroPosted 6/28/2013 2:26:36 PM
To be honest, I realise I was being a bit of an ass here, and in that thread I mocked Sniper Noire.

I still don't think Snipers are a great class, and I genreally find them outclassed by mages, but their not UNUSABLY bad. Their often sub optimal, but they can kill and perform in battle, and their are plenty of good units in the series. And honestly, not everything needs to be super hyper optimal all the time, sometimes some variety is fun.

And Virion is still better than many others archers.....
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#83Rideps1Posted 6/28/2013 2:36:08 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...
To be honest, I realise I was being a bit of an ass here, and in that thread I mocked Sniper Noire.

I still don't think Snipers are a great class, and I genreally find them outclassed by mages, but their not UNUSABLY bad. Their often sub optimal, but they can kill and perform in battle, and their are plenty of good units in the series. And honestly, not everything needs to be super hyper optimal all the time, sometimes some variety is fun.

I don't know which archers... he just doesn't stack up nearly as well with the team compared to others. Even after the standard babying I give to archers, he struggles, unlike Neimi, Rolf, Astrid, the list goes on. I've always had to bench him because he was tinking anything that wasn't a pegasus.

But, I use others as archers, I'm not measuring this game's archers just from Virion, don't worry TC. This is just addressing Virion being better.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#84WestbrickVIIPosted 6/28/2013 2:37:14 PM
Virion has access to mounted movement and swords, which automatically puts him over most of his competition from other games.
#85Wandering__HeroPosted 6/28/2013 2:41:06 PM
Rideps1 posted...
Wandering__Hero posted...

I don't know which archers... he just doesn't stack up nearly as well with the team compared to others. Even after the standard babying I give to archers, he struggles, unlike Neimi, Rolf, Astrid, the list goes on. I've always had to bench him because he was tinking anything that wasn't a pegasus.

But, I use others as archers, I'm not measuring this game's archers just from Virion, don't worry TC. This is just addressing Virion being better.

The losers in Shadow Dragon for one thing
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#86Rideps1Posted 6/28/2013 2:43:57 PM
I've blocked out everything about SD except that desert level with Gharnef blocking me from sweet sweet loot, so I can't argue with that.

Lose loot... or lose units....

I never did decide.
---
Possibly the Kellam of the FE:A boards. But no one notices enough to make it official...
Saxon/Palazzo 2016
#87anondumPosted 6/28/2013 3:07:51 PM
getting angry and saying you are going to pwn people? pretty sad. this is one person holding their hands over their ears and yelling I can't hear you as loud as they can.
#88luxapolloPosted 6/28/2013 4:07:10 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
WestbrickVII posted...
You are so unbelievably thick. He can play however he likes, but that doesn't change that Snipers are a bad class. I loved using assassins in FE7, but that didn't suddenly mean they were a worthwhile class objectively.

i just wish that this game had a wifi link arena or something of the sort so i could just pwn everybody with a sniper and show you by experience how good they actually are. in straight combat, they are absurdly good. people are so short minded that they cant see passed the thing that beats in game for them.

which, in this case can be anything. FE13 has aversas knight spammers for instance. but what would beat that?

snipers have longbow, +5 strength bow and a +5 speed bow. they have the most versatile arsenal of weapons. they are relevant pair ups for berserkers to buff skill and defense.

This is rich.

In FE13 Sorcs have Mire for long range attacks (and if you want to attack at range, 3 squares < 3-10 squares), similar defense to a sniper and better resistance for weathering the indirect attacks. All tome-wielding units have access to a +5 Mag tome Valflame that buffs stave range and healing total, and a +5 speed tome Forsety which is triple damage against fliers too, both while still having 1-2 range.

They are outclassed by units that can do both frontlines and support, magical or not, and no amount of petulant arguing is going to change that. Archers and Snipers are support units and that's it, particularly in FE13.
---
"Yeah, sure, you're cool! Whatever..." -Ness' Mom
#89YM_SmashPosted 6/28/2013 7:31:48 PM
SwiftWind11 posted...
WestbrickVII posted...
Model_Omega posted...
I stopped giving a **** long ago, people can call Snipers bad all day, and I'll just sit back and continue to use them to their fullest power.
You should too, it's very liberating.

Yeah, man. Why listen to persuasive arguments and veteran consensus? Those things oppress our mediocre 2-range glory.

Playing the way you want to play is a lot more enjoyable than playing the "correct" way.

i HEREBY AGREE WITH THIS. Many would say this dude is bad, but if you want to use him, why not?
---
"This game sucks..." Shut up Nintendo of America! Earthbound ROCKS!
#90Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 5:00:53 AM
except, mire cant double, and pair up + galeforce completely gets around the snipers weakness of being unable to attack on the enemy phase.

sniping with a longbow works, and its good. in FE13, although they totally nerfed the snipers speed cap (used to be just as fast as swordmasters) there are still tricks you can pull to make them good and more than worth your while.

in FE6 through FE9, sniper was just great by default. FE10 shinon is the best beorc in the game, only ike and haar can really compete.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards