Benefits of marrying Chrom and MU vs Chrom and Olivia?

#1CrumpledPaperPosted 7/1/2013 8:15:56 AM
I just restarted my game after screwing up and making Chrom marry some random villager and really want to make sure I make the best choice his time :c
---
Eh
#2legendriderPosted 7/1/2013 8:29:02 AM
Not a pro on the subject of technicalities in the game but here's what I've heard...I think

Chrom and Olivia:
Decent Lucina with access to the myrridon class tree (so vantage, Astra, swordfaire, lethality) that's pretty good
A nice inigo, it's always nice to have a rightful king unit. I think he gets some nice speed boosts too.

Chrom and MU:
Considering MU creates god children...and having the MU marry chrom is the only way to get 2 children with a female avatar
Lucina becomes Morgan 2.0
Morgan is still Morgan (A.K.A God unit), but not as good as he could be, of course.
Both Lucina and Morgans large class access along with rightful king is really great.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#3Strawberry_EggsPosted 7/1/2013 8:43:46 AM
Female Avatar x Chrom does make for the best Lucina (even if some will argue that's she only marginally better than if Olivia is her mother). Male Morgan will still be quite good as Chrom's son, even if he'd be a bit better as a third generation kid (if your Avatar marries one of the kids) Of course, you'll have a variety of potential wives if you go with a male Avatar.

Though I don't know how much of interest it will be to you, having your Avatar marry Chrom impacts the story a little as well. There is a certain powerful scene late in the game, and while the rest of the story doesn't change (save for the very end, depending on a certain choice), Chrom and the Avatar's interaction has a different feel to it when they're married. That scene I mentioned also changes if the the male Avatar is married to Lucina.
---
"I bought a ward against [logic] off a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."
#4EndgamePosted 7/1/2013 10:20:39 AM
if you're going for stats, go third generation Morgan or go home
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 7/1/2013 10:49:16 AM
Chrom x Olivia is by far Chrom's worst pairing, if you're considering in-game. Well, it's about equal to Maiden, maybe a touch worse (Olivia's stat inheritance is going to be worse than the increased inheritance you get from Maiden, growths aren't a huge factor, and lol Luck+4. Class changing isn;t a factor, Cav is all you need). Conversely, Avatar x Chrom is far and away the best. Great stat inheritance, Veteran and the like. Inigo is always bad ingame, while Morgan is available quickly and early. Getting Rightful King sucks, but oh well.

Postgame wise, Olivia is suddenly the best. Chrom provides the right classes for Inigo, and Olivia gives Galeforce to Lucina as well as other useful classes. Avatar has better options, as does every other pairing Chrom could have.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6darth_lorenzoPosted 7/1/2013 10:57:15 AM
If you're playing a female MU and don't plan on grinding then just go MU. MU will always be good, and Olivia will suck balls when you get her unless you spend forever dance grinding her.

Even if you are grinding MU makes such a good Lucina. And even then, I prefer Sumia as Lucina's mom, since that gives Lucina Rightful King, Aegis, and Pavise.
#7Airship_CanonPosted 7/1/2013 11:22:49 AM
I_eat_tables posted...
Chrom x Olivia is by far Chrom's worst pairing, if you're considering in-game. Well, it's about equal to Maiden, maybe a touch worse (Olivia's stat inheritance is going to be worse than the increased inheritance you get from Maiden, growths aren't a huge factor, and lol Luck+4. Class changing isn;t a factor, Cav is all you need). Conversely, Avatar x Chrom is far and away the best. Great stat inheritance, Veteran and the like. Inigo is always bad ingame, while Morgan is available quickly and early. Getting Rightful King sucks, but oh well.

Postgame wise, Olivia is suddenly the best. Chrom provides the right classes for Inigo, and Olivia gives Galeforce to Lucina as well as other useful classes. Avatar has better options, as does every other pairing Chrom could have.

This is assuming turns matter.
No Outrealms Lunatic+ still has the Queen of Lunatic dance spam which makes statwise, Olivia Lucina capable of outdoing anyone else.
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.
#8SummonearthPosted 7/1/2013 12:31:38 PM
The problem with Olivia is that her dancer stats makes her hard to train. Yes you can have her dance away to build up experience until she either has decent enough stats or at least able to reclass, but that can be tedious and long. Unless you train her well, the kids would end up with bad starting stats and you have to grind them up.
---
"I will speak my mind and say what I want and if you don't like it, well too bad!" "And my Pikachu pillow says hi"
#9Bronze_StuffPosted 7/5/2013 8:59:38 PM
I_eat_tables posted...

I don't really see anything Olivia provides that Avatar doesn't. Well at least any options. But Morgan may as well be third generation rather than 2nd.
---
Jimbo.
#10Czar_YoshiPosted 7/5/2013 10:28:59 PM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
I_eat_tables posted...

I don't really see anything Olivia provides that Avatar doesn't. Well at least any options. But Morgan may as well be third generation rather than 2nd.

She allows Robin to marry someone else. Why use Robin to make Lucina marginally better (she already has everything she could possibly want from Olivia) when you can vastly buff someone like Nah (who otherwise can't get Galeforce and Luna at the same time), or make Morgan even stronger (Manakete, maximizing a stat)?
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!