CYOA: Shadows Rising, part 1

#31fawful_XPosted 7/1/2013 2:37:27 PM
Hmm...

1. Although we don't have many rescue staff uses, we usually use them relatively rarely.
---
RNG can mean "Random Nonsense Generator."
Or it can be used as a synonym for a female merchant with red hair, with no negative connotations.
#32Arachnius435(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 3:14:05 PM
You store your newly purchased Mend staff, Killer Axe, and Concoction in a large trunk to take with you.

You decide your travels would be easiest if you left from Plegia. You make plans to travel through the Plegian desert, disguised as a merchant wagon. You return to the shop and tell the merchant you’ve made your decision. You tell her you would like to purchase a merchant’s wagon to take through the desert. You wish to attract little attention.

“Oh dear… I don’t have any merchants’ wagons for sale. All I have is mine,” the merchant says regretfully. You can tell she hates to lose a customer, so you come up with a plan.

“Perhaps I could hire you to accompany us. With you there, nobody would doubt this wagon truly belonged to a merchant,” you put forward. When you see that the merchant is honestly considering the idea, you craftily begin to withdraw it. “No, you probably have important business to attend to. Trade routes and all that. Sorry to bother you. I can find a merchant’s wagon elsewhere.”

With the final threat of you turning your business elsewhere, the merchant quickly makes up her mind. She accepts the offer without sounding too rushed, but you can sense her excitement. Well, at least she won’t be bored, you think, or have to stand around in a town where nobody wants to buy anything.

“I appreciate this kindness. Do you know how to fight?” you ask.

“Do I? Prices aren’t the only thing I can cut in half,” she responds with a smirk, tucking away a wickedly crooked sword covered in runes. You recognize it as a Levin Sword, craftsmanship originating in the Valmese province of Levina. “By the way, I’m Anna,” she introduces herself.

“I am Esciacca, and we are trying to find Errick. He’s wandered off,” you say with exasperation. After a bit of searching, you find him gambling in a tavern. You give him a flat stare and he ducks out, embarrassed. You introduce him to Anna and have him load your things onto the wagon, while Anna watches with amusement.

- - -

Within an hour, you arrive at a small village in the duchy of Themis. You stop to check the map when Anna points out that bandits appear to be invading the village. You grab your Rescue staff and prepare to help the villagers, when another Troubadour appears, and starts attempting to intervene. You would like to help her in some way, but you are outnumbered by your enemies. As you try to come up with a plan, the Troubadour is taken by the barbarians.

Anna is enraged at this turn of events, and urges you to track the bandits down and kill them. However, you would rather take a more creative approach to her rescue. Errick advises that if the bandits are like the ones he knows, they’ll hold her for ransom if she’s of any value to them. You go down to the village to heal injured escapees and gain information.

- - - - -
You are told that the troubadour who was taken was Maribelle, the daughter of the duke, and is very closely linked to the Exalt family. If she is not returned to Themis, a war could begin, which would make traveling more difficult. What will you do?

A. Hurry to the Dragon’s Port. A war is inevitable, with Plegia’s actions, and the Ylisseans will save Maribelle.
B. Chase down the bandits and make ‘em pay!
C. Get close enough to Rescue her straight to the wagon, then release her to go home.

- - - - -
#33Im_LucinaPosted 7/1/2013 3:33:27 PM
A. Let's make things go the way they do in the game.
---
I got a Time Turner for my birthday. I didn't notice at first, but then I went back in time.
#34Dragonball9899Posted 7/1/2013 3:39:38 PM
Im_Lucina posted...
A. Let's make things go the way they do in the game.

---
Anything can change!
#35Arachnius435(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 4:21:26 PM
A it is. We're officially branching off of the first Shadows Rising timeline here. No Maribelle.
#36Arachnius435(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 5:53:22 PM
You decide the wisest course of action is to have Maribelle be rescued by the Ylissean army. It’s obviously a war the Plegians want, and they obviously are willing to go to great lengths to provoke it. You will simply need to cross the vast Plegian desert quickly, and avoid battles. You discuss this plan with Anna, who tells you she can pull it off easily.

That evening, it rains. Plegian rains are devastating as they are massive downpours that make Sarcian storms look like drizzles; they cause the normally arid ground to become impossible to traverse. With the wagon sunken into the ground, you, Errick, and Anna are left in a large wagon with virtually nothing to do.

You look outside and notice the rain clearing up slightly, so you decide to look around. You find a manor off in the distance. The structure of the building is majestic and elegant, nothing like Sarcian towers. You imagine what it must be like, to be the owner of such a place. You decide that much space is unnecessary for a healer, even a War Bishop. You stare off into the distance and imagine the day you will finally be promoted by the Troubadour Association to such a prestigious rank. You are brought out of your daydreams by Anna calling for you.

“The wagon is stuck. Some parts are broken. We’ll need to find help,” Anna relates the situation in a slightly rushed tone. “Worse, the Plegian army is cutting down south, around this way, to assault the Ylissean border. They’ll be here tomorrow. The Mad King himself is heading this attack. We’ve got to get this fixed and get a move on, or we'll be swept up and forced to fight for them.”

- - - - -
What can you possibly do?

A. Abandon the wagon and bring only a few supplies to the next village.
B. See if the inhabitants of the manor would be willing to help you fix the wagon.
C. Pretend you're merchants and sell weapons to the Plegians; hope they don't make you fight.
D. Join the Plegians for a short time, and forget about heading home.

- - - - -
#37Dragonball9899Posted 7/1/2013 5:59:23 PM
B
---
Anything can change!
#38fawful_XPosted 7/1/2013 6:03:05 PM
Dragonball9899 posted...
B

---
RNG can mean "Random Nonsense Generator."
Or it can be used as a synonym for a female merchant with red hair, with no negative connotations.
#39ryugin55Posted 7/1/2013 6:33:51 PM
(looks both ways)

D
---
I blame the community...
Official Husband of Olivia - FE:A
#40Im_LucinaPosted 7/1/2013 6:38:40 PM
A
---
I got a Time Turner for my birthday. I didn't notice at first, but then I went back in time.