How bad is Ignis over Luna for Sorceror Morgan? (Lunatic+)

#1h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 7/5/2013 3:07:59 PM
Mother is Sumia!Lucina, so she already has Aether, I just want to proc stack. Mods are +HP/-Luck.

I know Luna is the best overall, but I want to know if I'm going to be at that much of a detriment if I go with Ignis (I like the animation better and I don't want to grind through Great Knight, but if it's going to be that bad without then I'll just suck it up).
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#2endgelPosted 7/5/2013 3:17:55 PM
Depends on Morgan's Str, if it's low than there isn't much point to use Ignis over Luna.
---
lol!
#3h3IIfir3pho3nix(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 3:19:41 PM
endgel posted...
Depends on Morgan's Str, if it's low than there isn't much point to use Ignis over Luna.

Her strength would be 30 (40 with limit breaker)
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#4EndgamePosted 7/5/2013 3:22:53 PM
Luna is not better than Ignis on a +0 Str caster unless you're attacking targets with over 42 Res

.....which is a moot point, all Sorcerors should be using Vengeance anyway, unless you're not Nosferatu tanking, in which case, why the hell Sorceror and not Sage?
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 7/5/2013 3:39:38 PM
Isn't heavily grinding and playing Luna+ kind of defeating the point? Eh...

Also, don't all skills have the same animation?

The thing with Luna compared to Ignis is that Luna boosts your damage output when you actually need a big damage output (against high defence enemies) while Ignis gives a fixed bonus. When that fixed bonus is bigger, chances are you were going to kill the enemy anyway, so it's a bit less useful. Probably not too much worse.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6Airship_CanonPosted 7/5/2013 3:57:35 PM(edited)
I_eat_tables posted...

Also, don't all skills have the same animation?

NO. At least not with particles-- example, Ignis user lights on pink!Fire and after the attack, there's cherry petals surrounding the target. Luna has stars shooting all over the place. Astra's got green... stuff. Sol causes light and green swirly thing. Lethality of course has the red background, black particles on the weapon, and blood. And certain skills trigger certain motions (Luna and Lethality always trigger the 'Pass thru' animation for example, where as Astra, Sol and Vengeance don't. Ignis uses a Critical animation.)

As for Luna vs Ignis: If the enemy's [Defense Stat] is less than [Opposite Offense Stat], then Ignis is better if [Defense Stat] is greater, than Luna is better.

For a point, on Reg Apo, Ignis is usually stronger-- although the enemies where Luna is stronger, they're a lot bigger threats than everything else. On Secret Apo, Luna is always Stronger.

In regards to Endgame: As far as Venge vs. Ignis/Luna average RES is 50 in Secret Apo. So you'd need to be down... 52 HP for Vengeance to actually outperform Luna, but Vengeance does have 100% uptime, not like that means a whole lot unless you've got Vantage rolling.
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.
#7SazukeEXPosted 7/5/2013 4:01:57 PM
As a Sorcerer Ignis isn't good due to much lower STR compared to MAG.

Use Luna.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#8jlenhPosted 7/5/2013 4:47:30 PM
Ignis > Luna for most in game contents if you grind, otherwise Luna>Ignis.

With her max (limit breaker) stats:
Ignis adds 20*.52= 10 damage on average (20 for proc or 0 for miss)

For Luna to be better than Ignis you'll need to be hitting targets with > 40 res.

Vengeance/Vantage I'm not a fan off. For it to be good you need to constantly keep your hp low which prevents you from using Aversa' or Nos. Not to mention it takes up 2 slots
#9Airship_CanonPosted 7/5/2013 6:55:42 PM
jlenh posted...

For Luna to be better than Ignis you'll need to be hitting targets with > 40 res.

Which is just about everything in Apo. And a lot of things in Challenge/FP/RaR if on Lunatic(+).
---
Brought to you in part by noise. For when you want to hear things, but dont want to be bothered with knowing what it is you are hearing.
#10ArcasaurusPosted 7/5/2013 7:03:09 PM
jlenh posted...
Vengeance/Vantage I'm not a fan off. For it to be good you need to constantly keep your hp low which prevents you from using Aversa' or Nos. Not to mention it takes up 2 slots

More like Waste/Celica's Gale.