benefits of marriage and children?

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 7/11/2013 2:52:34 PM
im just curious... what are the benefits of marriage? like, do they gain more bonuses or do more damage, or something when paired together in battle?

also, when does it become possible to have kids... and how does it work in this game?

does it give me a message after a certain number of battles, or do kids only become possible at a certain point in the story?

does every pairing have a preset kid they have, or is it completely randomized, or what?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2Lao-ShanTuxPosted 7/11/2013 2:55:26 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...
im just curious... what are the benefits of marriage? like, do they gain more bonuses or do more damage, or something when paired together in battle?
Support Rank affects Pair-Up bonuses. S-Rank is insane.

also, when does it become possible to have kids... and how does it work in this game?
When a couple S-Ranks, any children attached to the parents(Chrom and Avatar are the only males who have children attached to them) the Paralogue to recruit them appears. Lucina is forced at Chapter 13.

does it give me a message after a certain number of battles, or do kids only become possible at a certain point in the story?
Chapter 13.

does every pairing have a preset kid they have, or is it completely randomized, or what?
Most of the women have a child attached to them. There is nothing randomized about the children.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65247299
---
You can't get this Ruby. Bunnies, bats, and rats. Yeah.
The Official Lao-Shan Lung, Anguilante, and Deino of everything. Panne is my wife.
#3ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 3:16:36 PM
so the whole marriage/children thing isnt nearly as interesting as it sounded at first... meh. :/

so, will chrom and robin have two kids with their partners, then?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#4Lao-ShanTuxPosted 7/11/2013 3:17:51 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...
so the whole marriage/children thing isnt nearly as interesting as it sounded at first... meh. :/

so, will chrom and robin have two kids with their partners, then?

As long as Chrom isn't stuck with Maiden and Avatar marries a mother.

If it's FeMU, well, the only sibling Morgan can have is Lucina.
---
You can't get this Ruby. Bunnies, bats, and rats. Yeah.
The Official Lao-Shan Lung, Anguilante, and Deino of everything. Panne is my wife.