Child for healing/buffing?

#1MuuzPosted 7/11/2013 4:14:45 PM
Is there a new for a Healer/Buffer? If so, what child and what combination of parents would work best?
---
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha
#2vanguard29Posted 7/11/2013 4:22:46 PM
i will get burned for saying this, but f morgan. rally heart, speed, Def, spectrum. only thing she doesnt have thats any good is rally Str. but if male, no rally speed, move, or heart, and another i think.
---
FE:A Board in a nutshell: "I should have known posting any kind of topic would be a recipe for disaster..." - Orochimaru024
#3ClassyCanadianPosted 7/11/2013 4:22:51 PM
Since when has FE ever been about buffing? Besides the Ward spell and the songs from a few games, buffing has never been important to FE. It's usually a gimmick option if it's even present ALA the Rally skills.
---
I'm just your neighborhood Canadian gamer girl who loves RPGs and having fun!
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Hottest Fire Emblem character: Lon'qu
#4vanguard29Posted 7/11/2013 4:27:10 PM
ClassyCanadian posted...
Since when has FE ever been about buffing? Besides the Ward spell and the songs from a few games, buffing has never been important to FE. It's usually a gimmick option if it's even present ALA the Rally skills.

SO not true. have you tried apo???
---
FE:A Board in a nutshell: "I should have known posting any kind of topic would be a recipe for disaster..." - Orochimaru024
#5MAtt5TERPosted 7/11/2013 4:29:30 PM
Morgan is the best for everything, except Support Attacking (Lucina wins that one). So, Morgan is obviously the best supporter.

But using your best unit for support is ridiculous, so use Avatar or DLC/SpotPass units.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#6ClassyCanadianPosted 7/11/2013 4:29:32 PM
vanguard29 posted...
ClassyCanadian posted...

SO not true. have you tried apo???

nope, still on my first playthrough

But people usually talk about rally skills as a joke, such as the previously mentioned "Rallybot Morgan"

Haven't finished this game yet so I really can't contribute too much on factual information other than what I have heard. I do remember buffs not being too important in previous games, at least not in the DS/GBA ones (though the Dancer/Bard buffs in FE7 could be pretty damn useful if your party was underleveled)
---
I'm just your neighborhood Canadian gamer girl who loves RPGs and having fun!
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Hottest Fire Emblem character: Lon'qu
#7Muuz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 4:33:30 PM
ClassyCanadian posted...

Considering I've only ever played one FE game.... since 'now'...

Should I just worry about making each unit self-sustained?
---
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha
#8juanyiyiPosted 7/11/2013 4:33:59 PM
Buffing is HUGE in this game, on the harder difficulties. People often forget that in the harder difficulties, stats matter. 1 point of speed is the difference between being doubled and not , 4 points of magic are the difference between an OHKO and a 2HKO.

But don't use a child for that, use a spotpass unit.
---
FE7 Circlejerk Go!
http://i.picasion.com/resize70/21b4a890d274c1039d80ec0efe87746a.gif
#9JarickoPosted 7/11/2013 4:34:16 PM
vanguard29 posted...
i will get burned for saying this, but f morgan. rally heart, speed, Def, spectrum. only thing she doesnt have thats any good is rally Str. but if male, no rally speed, move, or heart, and another i think.

Couldn't you pass down rally strength to morgan?
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#10Muuz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 4:37:18 PM
My Morgan is going to be a Str/Lck Lon'qu!Severa combo. She will be a fast hard hitter.

I'm only only on Normal for now, so I suppose a buffer isn't completely needed. Just thought I'd like to have one.
---