So Galeforce on everything, but what do I do with Yarne, Gerome, & Laurent

#11SazukeEXPosted 7/12/2013 11:39:21 PM
Gregor!Laurent - Make him a VVW Sorcerer.

Gerome and Yarne should go pure damage support.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#12SazukeEXPosted 7/12/2013 11:40:16 PM
MAtt5TER posted...
I can pass Dual Support+

Dual Support+ sucks. It's basically +10 Hit/Avo/Crit/Dodge. That's not worth a skill slot.

To answer your question, there's not much you can do with them. They are worse than Sumia and Cordelia.

It is when Gerome wont be skirmishing and it's the only skill Cherche has worthwhile to pass to Gerome that he cannot get on his own.

Stop trolling, Cordelia and Sumia are the best non-MU first gen for a reason.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#13guedesbrawlPosted 7/13/2013 8:47:59 AM
MAtt5TER posted...
a unit with Dual Support+ is a good to support a VVW user.

Dual Support+ sucks. It's basically +10 Hit/Avo/Crit/Dodge.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66715331
I'm fine with other players, new or old. But it's only when these players insist that I am somehow wrong after I spoonfeed reasoning and calculations to them, I can't help but look down on them.

You can't argue this. +10 Hit/Avo/Crit/Dodge is never worth a skill slot when there are clearly better options.

Sometimes there ARE no better options, and you know that. Dual Support+ can only be inherited by Laurent and Gerome, and they both basically have no better options to inherit, even if they aren't using the skills. Don't act like YOUR strategies and skill sets are perfect and the only thing that is able to work: they aren't.

Outside of Gregor!Laurent, Both Laurent and Gerome will never have a full set of workin skills for their jobs.

VVW support:
Limit Break
DG+
DSp+
Anathema
Faire/Luna/Galeforce/Hex

Every little bit of Crit works for the VVW user, and DSp+ gives that WITHOUT compromising that last skill slot, and gives an avoid bonus to boot. To maximize your critical potential, you need a maximized support bonus, and DSp+ allows you to do that with just the pair-up partner and one dual partner, instead of two of the latter.

It's called "filler" for a reason. Gerome and Laurent will never be able to be awesome support units, and only Gregor/Gaius!Laurent have a good shot at being a cool lead (not just as a sorceror, mind you).
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#14guedesbrawlPosted 7/13/2013 8:47:59 AM
MAtt5TER posted...
a unit with Dual Support+ is a good to support a VVW user.

Dual Support+ sucks. It's basically +10 Hit/Avo/Crit/Dodge.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66715331
I'm fine with other players, new or old. But it's only when these players insist that I am somehow wrong after I spoonfeed reasoning and calculations to them, I can't help but look down on them.

You can't argue this. +10 Hit/Avo/Crit/Dodge is never worth a skill slot when there are clearly better options.

Sometimes there ARE no better options, and you know that. Dual Support+ can only be inherited by Laurent and Gerome, and they both basically have no better options to inherit, even if they aren't using the skills. Don't act like YOUR strategies and skill sets are perfect and the only thing that is able to work: they aren't.

Outside of Gregor!Laurent, Both Laurent and Gerome will never have a full set of workin skills for their jobs.

VVW support:
Limit Break
DG+
DSp+
Anathema
Faire/Luna/Galeforce/Hex

Every little bit of Crit works for the VVW user, and DSp+ gives that WITHOUT compromising that last skill slot, and gives an avoid bonus to boot. To maximize your critical potential, you need a maximized support bonus, and DSp+ allows you to do that with just the pair-up partner and one dual partner, instead of two of the latter.

It's called "filler" for a reason. Gerome and Laurent will never be able to be awesome support units, and only Gregor/Gaius!Laurent have a good shot at being a cool lead (not just as a sorceror, mind you).
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6