What DLC should I buy?

#1Raijingeki36Posted 7/15/2013 10:44:47 PM
I'd prefer to keep it to things that would give me new classes and skills, or something to give me a good challenge. I know about Apothesis (it's gonna be the first DLC that I get) but are there any other challenging ones? Thanks in advance
#2FowhawkPosted 7/15/2013 10:50:09 PM(edited)
Lost Bloodlines 2 will give Dread Scroll, giving males the Dread Fighter class.

Smash Brethren 2 will give the Wedding Bouquet, giving males the Bride class.

Rouges and Redeemers 3 will give the Limit Breaker item that grants the sklll that allows you caps to go 10 pass what they normally would be.

Golden Pack will unlock 3 maps for easy Gold and Exp. And legendary weapons from some pretty tough enemies.

And the future past is the next most challenging DLC aside from Apotheosis.

In short buy all the DLC it is worth it.
#3DullahansXMarkPosted 7/15/2013 10:56:56 PM
Champions of Yore 1 gives you Marth with Aptitude. He can become pretty strong pretty fast.

Champions of Yore 3 gives you the All Stats +2 skill (read: skill, not a permaboost), as well as Micaiah with Shadowgift. The former is mildly useful, but when you've got Micaiah rocking Tomefaire, Galeforce, Shadowgift (as mention), Ignis, Sol, Nosferatu (it and Sol stack) AND a Fortify staff as a Sage, you've got a hell of a unit. She's by far my favorite.

Lost Bloodlines 2 gets you Alm and a Dread Scroll, which lets your male units become a Dread Fighter. I've heard those are extremely powerful.

Smash Brethren 2 gives you Eirika and a Wedding Bouquet, which lets your female units become a Bride. I've heard the class itself isn't all that great, but if you need powerful Ralliers its Rally Heart skill might come in handy.

Rogues and Redeemers 2 gives you Celica, who was drawn by an erotic doujin artist. Take that how you will. Oh, and she comes with Rightful King, which is useful.

Rogues and Redeemers 3 gets you Ike (I've yet to beat this map, so I don't know how good Ike is) and a Limit Breaker skill, which boosts your stat caps by 10 or so. Meaning, FAR more powerful characters if you don't mind beating this really hard map many times over.

Did I miss anything important?
#4Raijingeki36(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 10:59:22 PM
Sounds nice. Are there any maps that are pretty hard or have a good story to them?
#5LuminozeroPosted 7/15/2013 11:07:45 PM
The Future Past is pretty much the only DLC without an excuse plot.

And BOY does it have a story. Part 3 even has it's own full ending. I highly recommend it. Especially if you want to see the kids get more development. It is probably my favorite DLC in the game.
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#6Jack_the_monke7Posted 7/15/2013 11:43:42 PM
Fowhawk posted...

Smash Brethren 2 will give the Wedding Bouquet, giving males the Bride class.

0_0
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#7Czar_YoshiPosted 7/15/2013 11:45:53 PM(edited)
Luminozero posted...
The Future Past is pretty much the only DLC without an excuse plot.

And BOY does it have a story. Part 3 even has it's own full ending. I highly recommend it. Especially if you want to see the kids get more development. It is probably my favorite DLC in the game.

Yeah, FP3 is basically the entire final story arc of Awakening redone properly and put into one map (with almost an hour of cutscenes, even if you skip all the optional conversations!). The first two are just icing on the cake.

However, the difficulty curve on them is backward: 1 is harder than 2, which is harder than 3. Bear that in mind going in, but you should definitely play them in order anyway to avoid spoilers.

If you want to do Apotheosis, RnR3 is practically required and LB2 is extremely useful.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
See how my mustache moves in the wind!
#8AGmetaknightPosted 7/16/2013 12:52:07 AM
The future past pack is the only one that's really worth it
#9Pitbuller_26Posted 7/16/2013 1:04:55 AM
The Golden Pack eliminates the need to worry about money and experience for early game units. Plus you get access to the Silver Card which is insanely useful.

Lost Bloodlines 2 and 3 are worth it. People have mentioned LB2 already but LB3 gets you Paragon which will shorten the amount of time needed it takes to grind.

You can pretty much skip the Smash Brethren series. Bride is very lackluster compared to the Dread Fighter class.

Rogues and Redeemers is the wakeup call series. R&R3 gets you Limit Breaker which is almost necessity for the following DLC...

Apotheosis, only do this if you're hell bent on being a completionist.

The Scramble series is worth the money as it will take you a lot of time to get through each conversation.

The Future Past is certainly worth it and it actually individualizes the father/child conversations which was lacking in the supports.

I found Death's Embrace, Anna Firefighter, and Roster Rescue to be enjoyable.
---
http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1268.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-2062.png http://kzemo.com/rotate/pitbuller26-1750.png
#10SazukeEXPosted 7/16/2013 4:02:41 AM
Lost Bloodines 3 gives you Paragon which doubles EXP gain. extremely helpful for grinding for Apothesis.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.