RobinxGrima question

#1TheFairyTrainerPosted 7/19/2013 9:58:59 AM
Since Grima and Robin cannot be separated without dying,(according to Naga, the other dragon) if Robin happens to die on his own, would Grima die as well? Or are they both just immortal, or have long lives like Divine Dragons? This never really got answered in game,(maybe I'm not looking hard enough, idk)
Like, I know if you opt to kill Grima, you survive anyway, but your brand that was on your hand is gone. I suppose that means the dragon and his effects are gone as well, and of course Robin would go on to live and get old die naturally. But, things are never cleared up for the other option.
?????anyone care to contribute????
---
In this very moment I'm king, In this very moment I slay Dragonite with a sling
#2ShirtlessLonquPosted 7/19/2013 9:59:45 AM
robinxgrima?

That's sick
---
Keep your hands to yourself, woman!
#3masked_ryugin55Posted 7/19/2013 9:59:51 AM
*cough cough* plot hole *cough cough*
---
Official Husband of Cynthia FE:A
Now a Captain of Zerdark's Cipher Syndicate and Head of the Ylisstol Guard
#4TheFairyTrainer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:00:29 AM
ShirtlessLonqu posted...
robinxgrima?

That's sick

contribute or get out Lon'qu, I have no time for your tsundere games
---
#5TheFairyTrainer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:03:04 AM
masked_ryugin55 posted...

*cough cough*It makes me want a sequel tho*cough cough*
---
#631walcraebPosted 7/19/2013 10:28:29 AM
ShirtlessLonqu posted...
robinxgrima?

That's sick

Did you bother reading the OP?
---
Misha Heart x Ignore List. My OTP
CYOA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66707534
#7TheFairyTrainer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:34:29 AM
31walcraeb posted...
ShirtlessLonqu posted...
robinxgrima?

That's sick

Did you bother reading the OP?

UnClassyCanadian has a problem with my posts for some reason
---
#8Strawberry_EggsPosted 7/19/2013 12:08:38 PM(edited)
Shouldn't this thread be marked for spoilers?

No, none of these questions are plot holes. These are merely unexplained or not fully-explained details. A plot hole is a contradiction of facts, which is not what is going on here.

Anyway, according to Naga, Grima can be permanently killed if he offs himself. There's an interesting question that can be asked here. Since the Avatar needs to land the final blow to kill Grima, why couldn't s/he have just gone somewhere private and blasted himself with a spell, stabbed herself with a sword, or otherwise have commited suicide? Grima would have vanished and none of the Shepherds' lives would be put in danger.

Other than how incredibly grim that would be, the Avatar is not fully Grima, but has the potential to become him. This is likely why Grima from the future has no qualms with attacking the Avatar and killing him/her. He'd rather avoid it so he can join their powers, but as the Avatar refuses, Grima can still kill him/her without dying himself.

Through this , we can deduce that while someone who isn't fully Grima can't permanently kill the Fell Dragon by killing him/herself, someone who has embraced the Fell Dragon completely and allows himself to be taken over can. Of course, once under Grima's control, she won't be killing herself any time soon. Despite the playable Avatar not being fully Grima, it is apparently enough that by killing someone who is fully Grima, the Avatar can destroy the dragon forever. This in turn destroys the part of the Avatar that is Grima, leading to a temporary death. And of course, if someone else were to kill the Avatar, the future Grima and the sleeping present Grima won't die, either.

I hope any of that made sense. It does to me, but I wonder...

As for how long the Avatar would live by still having the heart of Grima, that simply never comes up. Maybe she does live as long as a Manakete, and maybe he doesn't. Grima is likely immortal, being a demon-god-dragon-thing, but as for the Avatar, that's left up to speculation.
---
"I bought a ward against [logic] off a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."
#9MalcolmMasherPosted 7/19/2013 11:40:18 AM
*SPOILERS*

At several points in the game, Grima tries to absorb Robin. Figure that if Robin is mortally wounded, their close association means that Grima won't even have to try, the absorption will happen automagically.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#10Neosephiroth666Posted 7/19/2013 12:02:21 PM
Strawberry_Eggs posted...
Shouldn't this thread be marked for spoilers?

No, none of these questions are plot holes. These are merely unexplained or not fully-explained details. A plot hole is a contradiction of facts, which is not what is going on here.

Anyway, according to Naga, Grima can be permanently killed if he offs himself. There's an interesting question that can be asked here. Since the Avatar needs to land the final blow to kill Grima, why couldn't s/he have just gone somewhere private and blasted himself with a spell, stabbed herself with a sword, or otherwise commit suicide? Grima would have vanished and none of the Shepherds' lives would be put in danger.

Other than how incredibly grim that would be, the Avatar is not fully Grima, but has the potential to become him. This is likely why Grima from the future has no qualms with attacking the Avatar killing him/her. He'd rather avoid it so he can join their powers, but as the Avatar refuses, Grima can still kill him/her without dying himself.

Through this , we can deduce that while someone who isn't fully Grima can't permanently kill the Fell Dragon by killing him/herself, someone who has embraced the Fell Dragon completely and allows himself to be taken over can. Of course, once under Grima's control, she won't be killing herself any time soon. Despite the playable Avatar not being fully Grima, it is apparently enough that by killing someone who is fully Grima, the Avatar can destroy the dragon forever. This in turn destroys the part of the Avatar that is Grima, leading to a temporary death. And of course, is someone else were to kill the Avatar, the future Grima and the sleeping present Grima won't die, either.

I hope any of that made sense. It does to me, but I wonder...

As for how long the Avatar would live by still having the heart of Grima, that simply never comes up. Maybe she does live as long as a Manakete, and maybe he doesn't. Grima is likely immortal, being a demon-god-dragon-thing, but as for the Avatar, that's left up to speculation.

This actually makes quite a bit of sense. Although Grima technically isn't immortal. He's still an Earth Dragon, albeit a powerful one, and like Medeus/Loptyr etc, his life is finite. Earth Dragons, like Divine Dragons, are merely much stronger Manaketes(the two strongest clans) but they are still Manaketes. The only legitimate god in the FE universe that we know of so far is Ashunera, from Radiant Dawn.
---
Every man alive wants to be Adol Christin. Why? He has more women than Bond, can go wherever he damn well pleases, and gods **** their pants when he speaks.