CYOA: Out of Darkness IV-2

#191Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 9:13:53 PM
Echoes

"I should have killed you when you asked me to!"

"You should have killed me long before then."
-----
The three of you creep toward the bottom of the rise you climbed earlier in the day. The air is crisp and cool. A slight breeze blows your direction, and the field is lit faintly by moonlight. Great torches shine in the distance, illuminating your target a mile or so away.

You turn to Melara, the three of you agreed before hand that it would be best for Melara to take to the sky for she has less of a chance to be seen than you or Astor . "Good luck," you tell her.

"Keep it. You will need it just as much as I do. I would rather you had it." She gives you a small smile, and a moment later, she begins her transformation into a slender, dark blue dragon. She doesn't skip a beat and leaps into the air, soaring high. You watch her disappear, becoming a shadow in the night.

"We must be going Thio," Astor reminds you. You nod, and stealthily make your way to the top of the rise, settling into the crouch.

The first patch of rubble that you can hide behind is a quite a distance away, but there are no wyverns in sight. Good.

Even farther off is a the remaining wall of a collapsed building. It would provide better cover for the two of you, but it is twice the distance.

What should you do?

A) hide amongst the close patch of rubble.
B) dash to the sturdy wall
C) send Astor to rubble, while you head to wall
D) send Astor to wall, while you hide in the rubble.
#192SwordMasterEXPosted 9/18/2013 9:24:24 PM
I'm voting B
---
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
#193Neosephiroth666Posted 9/18/2013 9:39:00 PM
I'm going to hold off voting for now. I'm tired and I have a hunch this is an important decision we don't want to rush. Also, yay! The Wizard and I are officially friends! Look out world, the Wizard of Os and the Chosen One is a scary combination.
---
"I give hope to men, yet I keep none for myself." -Aragorn, TLotR
We dance, we cry, we die, and into the night we fly.
#194SwordMasterEXPosted 9/18/2013 9:40:23 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
I'm going to hold off voting for now. I'm tired and I have a hunch this is an important decision we don't want to rush. Also, yay! The Wizard and I are officially friends! Look out world, the Wizard of Os and the Chosen One is a scary combination.


You also have a SwordMaster on your side :D
---
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify
#195Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 9:52:47 PM
Yeah, honestly I am not quite sure why in took so long. Maybe because bright green names it harder to read your names.
#196C_D_MPosted 9/18/2013 10:40:20 PM
Eh... A. B seems more logical, but my gut's saying A.
#197Neosephiroth666Posted 9/19/2013 11:55:29 AM
I think I'm going with A too. Then, when the cost is clear, we can dash to the wall. But I don't think it's wise to push our luck. My experience with stealth games is simple: Take it slow, don't split up, and don't get greedy. You overextend yourself, you get caught. Plain and simple. Also, this what I would do in a real life situation like this. Which I actually have been in. I was in a situation nearly identical to this back east, when all hell was still breaking loose. Never try to run for the better cover, use what cover you got. Otherwise you'll be eating lead for lunch. Or in this case, spears from Wyvern Lords.
---
I love Idoun and am 100% proud of it! If you too are a Idoun believer, copy and paste this into your Sig.
She turned me into a newt!
#198Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:34:58 PM(edited)
It's best to be safe, you decide. You quickly dash toward the nearer piece of rubble, carefully hidden behind it. No wyverns in sight.
You signal to Astor to quickly follow.

Without skipping a beat, Astor joins you down beside your piece of rubble, not quite large enough to hide the both of you perfectly, but it should be good enough in the dark. You can't stay here forever. You carefully peek over the edge of your rubble like and see two wyverns closer to your direction than the others. They may be coming your way! You quickly glance for other cover. You see that the wall of the collapsed building it still a possible hiding place. It is closer now, but with the threat of Wyverns approaching... You fear that they will be able to spot you or Astor during the sprint.

------
Too tired to continue coherently. Will finish in the morning
#199Osranger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 6:41:29 AM(edited)
You peek over your hiding place once more, and see a large pit, just a few feet away. You lean out quickly in order to get a better look, before shooting back behind your rock. The sides were steep enough to act as a hiding place, but in your short glimpse, you could not tell how much deeper it went. What should you do?

Anthiok...

A. Stays behind the rubble
B. Makes a low dash to the ruined wall
C. Slides into the hole
D. Inspects the hole further
E. Trusts in instincts

Astor...
1. Stays behind the rubble
2. Makes a low dash to the wall
3. Slides into the hole
4. Inspects the hole further
5. Makes his own choice




... The sound of wingbeats grows louder
#200C_D_MPosted 9/21/2013 8:51:50 AM
D1. As Zenia was so glad to demonstrate, you should never go into a hole without examining it first.