So I have become too overpowered my first playthrough...

#1SwiftWind11Posted 7/22/2013 4:15:32 PM(edited)
I'm at Chapter 16 currently, and I have spent hours grinding parents in order to make sure the kids have the proper skills and such. Thing is, now my team is over powered (except the children) and I feel like it will kill my enjoyment of the game. Should I start a new playthrough to enjoy the story and just keep the file to use for my Apotheosis run? I think my run was optimal, my pairings are these:

DonnelxSully
ChromxSumia
HenryxCherche
GregorxMiriel
RickenxLissa
Lon'quxMariabelle
StahlxCordelia
GaiusxNowi
OliviaxLibra
PannexKellam
---
White FC: 3439-3364-9368
#2FowhawkPosted 7/22/2013 4:19:19 PM
It's your first playthrough. Take it easy and just enjoy rolfstomping everything. Use the kids that are still level 10 for the rest of the game if you want some challenge for a second but the kids will soon outclass their parents anyways.

Also if I may, if you must reset FrederickxCherche and HenryxOlivia are better in my opinion. Leave Libra and of course Virion forever alone as they should be.
---
Virion is the worst father in all of Fire Emblem: Awakening. No kid should ever have to inherit his awful classes, mods, and blue hair.
#3SwiftWind11(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 4:55:47 PM
Fowhawk posted...
It's your first playthrough. Take it easy and just enjoy rolfstomping everything. Use the kids that are still level 10 for the rest of the game if you want some challenge for a second but the kids will soon outclass their parents anyways.

Also if I may, if you must reset FrederickxCherche and HenryxOlivia are better in my opinion. Leave Libra and of course Virion forever alone as they should be.

True true, though I wanna wait until SMTIV so I can use the 30 credit to buy the Limit Breaker DLF. And damn, those are good pairings! Why didn't I think of that :(
---
#4vanguard29Posted 7/22/2013 5:05:52 PM
Apo doesnt scale, so it is the same on any difficulty (the rest of the DLC does scale) so yeah, if you have grinded, keep it and try Apo.

I will now judge your pairings

DonnelxSully yes

ChromxSumia sure, imo olivia is better

HenryxCherche meh. wastes sorc on gerome who is mad with magic. he loves barbarian though

GregorxMiriel very good

RickenxLissa good

Lon'quxMariabelle yes. vantage is one of the few things brady would like. honestly, libra is also a good choice here. gives him sorc, and brady really doesnt need much else. with no father, and DLC, he has LB, GF, Luna, Agg, and LT. only things he would like are vantage and sol, basically.

StahlxCordelia great. gives luna and vantage to sevey.

GaiusxNowi good

OliviaxLibra meh

PannexKellam meh

virion shouldnt be a father. but, you arent using vaike and freddy, which is a mistake for sure.
---
I accepted Jesus as my lord and savior, but am only 95% proud of it. Is that weird?
#OwainforSSB4
#5SwiftWind11(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 7:37:47 PM
vanguard29 posted...
Apo doesnt scale, so it is the same on any difficulty (the rest of the DLC does scale) so yeah, if you have grinded, keep it and try Apo.

I will now judge your pairings

DonnelxSully yes

ChromxSumia sure, imo olivia is better

HenryxCherche meh. wastes sorc on gerome who is mad with magic. he loves barbarian though

GregorxMiriel very good

RickenxLissa good

Lon'quxMariabelle yes. vantage is one of the few things brady would like. honestly, libra is also a good choice here. gives him sorc, and brady really doesnt need much else. with no father, and DLC, he has LB, GF, Luna, Agg, and LT. only things he would like are vantage and sol, basically.

StahlxCordelia great. gives luna and vantage to sevey.

GaiusxNowi good

OliviaxLibra meh

PannexKellam meh

virion shouldnt be a father. but, you arent using vaike and freddy, which is a mistake for sure.

Eh I realize that they were good fathers but I didn't feel like using them haha. Are the children still good enough for Apotheosis?
---
#6SwiftWind11(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 8:03:50 PM
Bump for opinions
---
#7LuminozeroPosted 7/22/2013 11:14:11 PM
I get to be a jerk, YAAAAAY!

Spoiling the children crap for you already ruined your first time through the game. I would honestly suggest doing a non min-max file for your first time through the game, so you can enjoy the game as it was meant to be enjoyed.

You seem to have already shot yourself in the foot in that regard. From this point on, any suspense, strategy, or difficulty in the main game is lost forever.

If that is ok for you or not is your call.
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#8IlluminaZer0Posted 7/22/2013 11:46:17 PM(edited)
It's best to ignore all DLC, grinding, and guides (I include forum use) until you have beaten the game once.

You can beat Apotheosis with 1st gen, 2nd gen is purely superior to 1st gen. So...

And I wouldn't worry about min-maxing 2nd gen too much. It's a fun mental excersize at times but it's not necessary for the above reason.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#9SwiftWind11(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 11:53:45 PM
Luminozero posted...
I get to be a jerk, YAAAAAY!

Spoiling the children crap for you already ruined your first time through the game. I would honestly suggest doing a non min-max file for your first time through the game, so you can enjoy the game as it was meant to be enjoyed.

You seem to have already shot yourself in the foot in that regard. From this point on, any suspense, strategy, or difficulty in the main game is lost forever.

If that is ok for you or not is your call.

Eh, like I said before, I have no problem just stopping here and just starting a new file and keeping this one for my Apo run. I'm currently playing through Tales of the Abyss so I'll probably forget most of the story anyway (which honestly seemed pretty generic for the most part so far).
---
#10SwiftWind11(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 11:55:40 PM
IlluminaZer0 posted...
It's best to ignore all DLC, grinding, and guides (I include forum use) until you have beaten the game once.

You can beat Apotheosis with 1st gen, 2nd gen is purely superior to 1st gen. So...

And I wouldn't worry about min-maxing 2nd gen too much. It's a fun mental excersize at times but it's not necessary for the above reason.

And yeah, I agree. I think I'll just do a no grind Hard or Normal playthrough after Abyss so I can try to salvage the experience haha.
---