So, how hard is Lunatic exactly?

#1BakyuraPosted 7/26/2013 5:02:27 PM
I realize there's probably a lot of topics about this (So, sorry.) but I don't feel like going through several to get an answer since most of the Lunatic topics seemed to just be about certain chapters and such.

But is it, like, you really should plan stuff out, or you can do fine as long as you don't completely suck at the game and actually attempt to plan?

I kinda burned myself out of the game a while back because I played several Hard playthroughs, but my brother just got it and I figured I'd start one over. I'm on chapter 2 so guess no point in just playing another hard, but if it gets really difficult, I'm probably not smart enough to plan that well <_<;

Possibly thanks in advance~
#2smash fanaticPosted 7/26/2013 5:03:04 PM
you can beat it in under an hour
---
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/smashfanatic/dondon_zpsb7a5edc8.jpg
#3katellaPosted 7/26/2013 5:04:13 PM
Not hard at all. You use frederick, and then you win. Ch4 completed + dlc = game. Lunatic+ is fun but gets old pretty quickly as luck-based as it is.
#4DespondentDeityPosted 7/26/2013 5:13:10 PM
If you can last until the Outrealm gate appears, you can win the game, provided you've bought some DLC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k0VJ3.png -TYVM urmomishawt04!
Gravity may not be a right, but it's damned hard to take away from people. -Arctic_Sunrise
#5DemiseEndPosted 7/26/2013 5:15:32 PM
With proper resource allocation, its a press start and win game

With not proper resource allocation, its basically a trial and error at memorizing the reinforcement spawns
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#6EndgamePosted 7/26/2013 5:41:07 PM
not at all
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#731walcraebPosted 7/26/2013 6:02:33 PM
Do this

Casual
No pair up
No Anna shops
No risen spawn battles
No barracks
0 renown start
No sol
No nosferatu
No dance abuse
No plain grinding

It's fun!
---
To people who underestimate MU in postgame: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40562
#8juanyiyiPosted 7/26/2013 6:07:00 PM
It's a decent challenge, which will test your knowledge of the game.

You just need to make sure to not overabuse Frederick and then plan your pairings, and you can do it just fine without grinding/DLC.
---
"If FE is so good why did it take so long to get to the west? Because it's mediocre."
-Davidk92 The most stupid thing I've read
#931walcraebPosted 7/26/2013 6:07:25 PM
katella posted...
Not hard at all. You use frederick, and then you win. Ch4 completed + dlc = game. Lunatic+ is fun but gets old pretty quickly as luck-based as it is.

See here's what I don't like. You assume that he's paying irl money to break the game. DLC is meant to be broken, don't use it and LM becomes a fun challenge for most people but you seem to automatically assume that he's paying out of pocket to win (EXPonential growth is the only really good one on LM also). What if he doesn't have DLC?
---
To people who underestimate MU in postgame: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40562
#10katellaPosted 7/26/2013 7:18:31 PM(edited)
31walcraeb posted...
katella posted...

See here's what I don't like. You assume that he's paying irl money to break the game. DLC is meant to be broken, don't use it and LM becomes a fun challenge for most people but you seem to automatically assume that he's paying out of pocket to win (EXPonential growth is the only really good one on LM also). What if he doesn't have DLC?

...and then what's left is MUxVeteran, Nosferatu, Second Seals, Master Seals. GG. Either way, too ez. WB challenge is pretty nice, but yet again that's artificial difficulty. Most people buy DLC anyway, for the sheer logic of not missing out on the full FE:A experience(which isn't an experience worth buying).

Edit: Whoops, lets throw Pairing on that list!