Seriously everyone, why do you like Tharja?

#61RDS1Posted 7/27/2013 2:11:09 PM
Lao-ShanTux posted...
Let's be brutally honest.

Would you want someone to stalk you forever and kill everyone who ever looked at you twice in real life?

If so...

Then there's something I missed.

Tharja only does one of those, so I'm not sure how it's relevant.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#62JariuPosted 7/27/2013 2:23:20 PM
Tharja is more in a gray zone for me, as a character they wrote her in a sort of likeable way, kinda funny or cute (as far as she can take that) at some points, so i'll admit that i like her characterization.
Besides the whole avatar thing, i mean really her avatar support is horrible compared to other of her supports and her Morgan support as generic as it is really feels bad, and i hate the whole stalker part, you REALLY don't want to have a real stalker, i mean you DO NOT WANT THAT.
---
Any sufficiently advanced technology is comparable to magic.
I'm still complaining about the shenanigans in grinding.
#63legendriderPosted 7/27/2013 2:51:30 PM
Why do you like Tharja?
Why do you dislike Tharja?
What does it even matter to you in the first place?

Different people, different preferences.
How does one persons opinion about a character affect you in any way.

Myself, I just like every character so, meh.
I don't hate, but I don't love the character, I just like them.

Though...damn, I saw her Morgan support....that seems harsh man.....though not as bad as Walhart's, jesus! That support is just....I don't even know
If there was one negative to point out by marrying her, that's the one I can see clearly.
....Her Morgan support leaves...much to be questioned. They may be generic, but she just seems cold towards the girl. Damn.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#64Lao-ShanTuxPosted 7/27/2013 3:40:22 PM
legendrider posted...

....Her Morgan support leaves...much to be questioned. They may be generic, but she just seems cold towards the girl. Damn.

Morgan's hogging the love?
Who knows...
---
You can't get this Ruby. Bunnies, bats, and rats. Yeah.
The Official Lao-Shan Lung, Anguilante, and Deino of everything. Panne is my wife.
#65JalkPosted 7/29/2013 1:29:46 PM
I really don't get the "child abuse" fad either. FE is not a realistic game, the relationships between characters are totally over the top. And that's why I like this game so much.

You could say that Miriel is an awful mother : the way she asks Morgan to stop crying or her lack of emotional attachment to her children could be seen as disturbing : I don't see multiple topics created about it.
Maribelle constantly plays pranks to Brady and Avatar, to a point where, in real world, it could be seen as verbal abuse : there is not a single complain about it. I suspect it has to do with their not-revealing-enough-boobs outfits.

I like Tharja because, unlike Henry, she doesn't totally embraces her crazy side and sometimes tries to fit in. Her supports with Virion are a great example of it.

But I agree : her supports with Avatar are pretty bland. Which always seems to be the case : the supports Male Avatar has with his potential wives always seems very boring to me. The only supports that seem somewhat relevant to the story are with the two paralogue female characters.
---
PSN ID : jalk_mikain
#66GigaMan91Posted 7/29/2013 1:32:48 PM
Y'all must be turning off the voices, because that "normal" laughter she does around Avatar in the B-support is priceless.
#67OsrangerPosted 8/2/2013 10:29:54 AM
Jalk posted...
I really don't get the "child abuse" fad either. FE is not a realistic game, the relationships between characters are totally over the top. And that's why I like this game so much.

You could say that Miriel is an awful mother : the way she asks Morgan to stop crying or her lack of emotional attachment to her children could be seen as disturbing : I don't see multiple topics created about it.
Maribelle constantly plays pranks to Brady and Avatar, to a point where, in real world, it could be seen as verbal abuse : there is not a single complain about it. I suspect it has to do with their not-revealing-enough-boobs outfits.

I like Tharja because, unlike Henry, she doesn't totally embraces her crazy side and sometimes tries to fit in. Her supports with Virion are a great example of it.

But I agree : her supports with Avatar are pretty bland. Which always seems to be the case : the supports Male Avatar has with his potential wives always seems very boring to me. The only supports that seem somewhat relevant to the story are with the two paralogue female characters.

Morgan and Brady are not emotional wrecks because of said abuse.

Never saw either support tree. They aren't as popular. Don't like Brady or Laurent. I never use them and this never saw their supports.
---
If you can read this, you are in range
#68Sparkey528Posted 8/2/2013 11:19:59 AM
Because she is funny to watch in the pair up skits.
---
One must fool their allies before they may fool their enemies
#69zihark333Posted 8/2/2013 12:33:34 PM
MarioLinkGenofa posted...
She's such a terrible character.
Abusive mother, wife, get's away with being a complete *****, completely unlikable personality...

All she has is a creepy stalker, and being realistic, that's not good at all.
People, get some help.

Well in regards to the first part, the Tharja you USE is not necessarily the abusive mother....in fact her getting to know Noire from the future may in fact deter her from making those poor decisions. If you pay attention to her supports and development, she isn't really all that bad...people just like to complain....while simultaneously adoring boring cliche characters like Cordelia, Lucina, and Owain....I like her for the fact she isn't as stereotypical as many characters in this game...