Da ****? Dis game don't scale with your levels?!?!

#1HappyUnicorn101Posted 7/28/2013 8:49:55 PM
Then isn't wouldn't dis game be fairly hard without grinding? I'm up in chapter 25 and all my units are almost lvl 20 after their first evolution. (Lvl 20 starting class --> Lvl~18 Upgraded class) and some of these units are hitting me hard.

If I didn't grind, I imagine this would be very difficult because I read this game DOES NOT SCALE to your level.
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#2SazukeEXPosted 7/28/2013 9:28:42 PM
...What?

You're saying you have'nt been second sealing? In that case of course things will be harder for you as you'll lack stats and skills for your characters.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#3HappyUnicorn101(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 9:30:42 PM
I am doing it now and I have a few characters already going through an alternate evolution.

But damn, this game seems like it would completely beat down a Fire Emblem new comer.
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#4Flamingace18Posted 7/28/2013 9:38:27 PM
I'm sorry to say this is probably the most friendly newcomer FE game there is pal. Lower the difficulty or tough it out until you get the gist of the series.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999. Proud RSU and OU student.
#5IlluminaZer0Posted 7/28/2013 9:49:22 PM(edited)
Yeah, if you aren't grinding and don't give a unit excessive favoritism it's pretty easy to lose a unit.

This is especially once enemies have forged weapons everywhere.

Addendum: Level scaling by itself doesn't imply anything about difficulty.

Romancing Saga for example has level scaling and it's not an easy game for newcomers. Level scaling in Romancing Saga actively punishes grinding, to the point that the game can become unbeatable. You only get loot and money from quests, grind and you will have crap equipment and no quest rewards.

Tactics Ogre (SNES) is another example in that enemies were always of equal level to your highest leveled unit. Therefore it was designed to punish unit favoritism, not make the game easy.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#6HappyUnicorn101(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:04:57 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
I'm sorry to say this is probably the most friendly newcomer FE game there is pal. Lower the difficulty or tough it out until you get the gist of the series.

Calm down cool guy. Read my post instead of jumping the gun on trying to call out newcomers.
---
#7Flamingace18Posted 7/28/2013 10:33:08 PM
I'm not trying to beat you down. If your having difficult with the easiest FE game ever, you should lower the difficult or change your tactics. All I was saying.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999. Proud RSU and OU student.
#8HappyUnicorn101(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:35:06 PM
Cut the attitude and read the first posts. I'm not gonna spell it out for you.
---
#9TaiphlosionPosted 7/28/2013 10:37:07 PM
It doesn't scale with the difficulty.
Hard/classic is actually quite easy even if you don't grind (using a full team)
Lunatic/classic is a joke if you only use few units.
Lunatic+ doesn't count because it's unreliable.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#10fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 7/28/2013 11:23:13 PM
*Puts up "Please do not feed" sign*

People, please ignore the troll. He has been flooding the Project X Zone with similarly pointless topics.
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!