Trying to get the best possible kids out of my marriages

#11TableFlipPosted 7/29/2013 9:17:27 AM
DespondentDeity posted...
Lon'qu and Panne is pretty good too

---
I don't even know anymore.
http://dragcave.net/user/TableFlip
#12darkninja07(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 10:30:42 AM
Tableflip, I like your suggestions a lot. I still think Avatar x Tharja is really good though. Would I really be better off having Avatar x Nowi and have Morgan get the Manakete weakness?

Endgame posted...
.....are you SURE you're trying to get the best pairings for your kids?

I mean, seriously? Gregor, a physical powerhouse, and Miriel, a mage?! what?!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66145081

just read this

Gregor!Laurent gets Vantage and Armsthrift.
---
3DS FC: 0946-2242-0145 | Name: Mike / Town: Kakariko
#13kaboom21Posted 7/29/2013 10:46:22 AM
darkninja07 posted...
So, here's what I've already got:
Chrom x Sumia = Lucina, Cynthia
Donnel x Nowi = Nah
Gaius x Sully = Kjelle
Gregor x Miriel = Laurent

These are the one's I've yet to match up:
______ x Olivia = Inigo
______ x Lissa = Owain
______ x Maribelle = Brady
______ x Cherche = Gerome
______ x Cordelia = Severa
______ x Panne = Yarne

Was thinking maybe Lon'qu or Henry for Maribelle, Frederick or Stahl for Cherche, not sure about the rest. Help me out?

Brady: Depending how you want to take your brady, both the options you are thinking about are solid. I really liked my Brady with Lon'qu as a father, and am currently doing a run with Henry.

Inigo: I would go Lonqu if you don't end up doing him with Brady. Makes a pretty nice Inigo

Owain: Here I would probably say Ricken based on what you have left, though I don't like any of your fathers left for Owain. Possibly Frederick or Stahl

Gerome: I like Vaike, though Frederick is workable as well

Severa: Lonqu or Stahl, IMO

Yarne: see Gerome, though I would give the edge to Vaike. And since I like Yarne more than Gerome, I would probably go Vaike if it were me, and leave Frederick for Gerome

Virion is terrible. Don't use him. Libra you could potentially work in there as well. I don't really like MU as a male for breeding purposes. I also prefer Ricken, Henry, or Libra for Laurent. and then I'd get Gregor for someone like Owain
#14darkninja07(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 2:40:58 PM
Well, I think I've come to a decision on this. This is the marriage setup I'll probably be using:

Gaius x Nowi = Nah
Donnel x Sully = Kjelle
Henry x Olivia = Inigo
Ricken x Lissa = Owain
Lon'qu x Maribelle = Brady
Frederick x Cherche = Gerome
Stahl x Cordelia = Severa
Vaike x Panne = Yarne

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll probably post again to let you guys know how the kids turned out :) If you have any information that gives strong evidence that I should change my mind, please let me know lol
---
#15Metal Gear RaxisPosted 7/29/2013 3:41:15 PM(edited)
kaboom21 posted...

Virion is terrible. Don't use him. Libra you could potentially work in there as well. I don't really like MU as a male for breeding purposes. I also prefer Ricken, Henry, or Libra for Laurent. and then I'd get Gregor for someone like Owain

Ironic. The game's pervert is the least likely to ever get married by people who knows game mechanics.
---
The Nanoha that you've always admired is an invincible Ace who will not lose to anybody.
#16darth_lorenzoPosted 7/29/2013 4:04:47 PM
darkninja07 posted...
Well, I think I've come to a decision on this. This is the marriage setup I'll probably be using:

Gaius x Nowi = Nah
Donnel x Sully = Kjelle
Henry x Olivia = Inigo
Ricken x Lissa = Owain
Lon'qu x Maribelle = Brady
Frederick x Cherche = Gerome
Stahl x Cordelia = Severa
Vaike x Panne = Yarne

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll probably post again to let you guys know how the kids turned out :) If you have any information that gives strong evidence that I should change my mind, please let me know lol

If it's not too late I'd really suggest switching Sumia for Olivia. Sumia does make a very fast Lucina, but that's not why you pair Olivia and Chrom up, you do it because Chrom offers so much more to Ignio then he does Cynthia. Chrom offers Paladin, and Archer (ew) to Cynthia, while he gives the entire Cavalier line to Ingio. Ingio is also Chrom's only child who doesn't get the Cavalier line, so if you want to maximize who gets it, which you should, since Luna is the best activation skill in the game. As for Sumia marry her to Henry, since he is literally the only one left and at least gives her a decent Mag and Sorcerer. Vaike x Nowi would also be better, Nah doesn't really need Galeforce, and Vaike gives her the Mercenary line and slightly better mods. Then just give Kellam to Panne, that way he can at least be a good support unit with Dual Guard +.
#17darkninja07(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 4:11:34 PM
darth_lorenzo posted...
If it's not too late I'd really suggest switching Sumia for Olivia. Sumia does make a very fast Lucina, but that's not why you pair Olivia and Chrom up, you do it because Chrom offers so much more to Ignio then he does Cynthia. Chrom offers Paladin, and Archer (ew) to Cynthia, while he gives the entire Cavalier line to Ingio. Ingio is also Chrom's only child who doesn't get the Cavalier line, so if you want to maximize who gets it, which you should, since Luna is the best activation skill in the game. As for Sumia marry her to Henry, since he is literally the only one left and at least gives her a decent Mag and Sorcerer. Vaike x Nowi would also be better, Nah doesn't really need Galeforce, and Vaike gives her the Mercenary line and slightly better mods. Then just give Kellam to Panne, that way he can at least be a good support unit with Dual Guard +.

Chrom and Sumia is actually the only one that's locked in, as I've beaten the game already. I haven't finalized any other marriages yet. Although, I may just start a new file on a harder difficulty.
---