How did Emmeryn(Spoiler)....

#21GigaMan91Posted 8/1/2013 5:12:39 AM
MajesticPaladin posted...
legendrider posted...
2 theories that seem to go about:

1) Plegian soldier(s) who were moved by her speech, when they took her body, found she was alive and then either nursed her back to health then gave her to the village, or gave her to the village and the villagers nursed her back to health. I mean, Gangrel wanted to hang her body up, so probably when they were transporting her, they figured she wasn't dead and then gave her to some remote village to keep her safe.

The first one seems likely except for the fact that if they really cared for her, they would have brought her back to her kingdom.

No because word could get out that she was still alive. They had to keep her hidden, far away from Ylisse and Plegia, to ensure that no one would ever threaten her life again. Keeping up the belief that she was dead was the best way to keep her safe. Bringing her back to an unstable Ylisse would do no good for anyone, as anyone who fell the way she did and survived wouldn't be in any condition to do anything for a long time, and the head trauma would certainly not make things better. They had to leave it to Chrom, the next heir to the throne, and his comrades to handle Ylisse's recovery and future endeavors.
#22ShadowBoyZXPosted 8/1/2013 7:14:37 AM
Wait, the dlc paralogue recruits are actually canon? I thought it was just a little something extra or like a "what if" type of thing(which is why they only seem to speak with MU).
#23EndgamePosted 8/1/2013 7:32:57 AM
Chrom recruits them all except Yen'fay

creativity in recruiting units took a nosedive in this game, just like a certain recruitee.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#24HappyUnicorn101Posted 8/2/2013 1:20:47 AM
ShadowBoyZX posted...
Wait, the dlc paralogue recruits are actually canon? I thought it was just a little something extra or like a "what if" type of thing(which is why they only seem to speak with MU).

That's what I thought, too. It would be pretty lame if the main enemies (Gangrel, Aversa, Walhart) just survived. Wtf?
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#25Jack_the_monke7Posted 8/2/2013 2:00:11 AM
ShadowBoyZX posted...

..... they aren't dlc....

Honestly people, learn what is part of the game and whats dlc. The "spotpass paralogues" are already on the game cart. Spotpas just unlocks them. Those characters have dlc dialogue, dlc conversations, MU supports, voice acting, story lines, and full blown endings. Face it, they're canon. They're just as much a part of the game as any of the children characters.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#26ShadowBoyZXPosted 8/2/2013 12:17:17 PM
^ Aw, come on. You know what I meant. You still have to connect to the internet to download the update.

Even if you're right about them being canon though....I rather they not be honestly.

HappyUnicorn101 posted...
ShadowBoyZX posted...

That's what I thought, too. It would be pretty lame if the main enemies (Gangrel, Aversa, Walhart) just survived. Wtf?

Exactly. The thought that pretty much everyone we fought is alive along with the Emmeryn somewhat cheapens the experience for me and makes it seem like there were no real consequences. Sort of like in the end game where they couldn't even let MU rest in peace. I sacrificed myself, so I could take out Grima once and for all but instead he comes back because of bonds.
#27Jack_the_monke7Posted 8/2/2013 1:55:29 PM
ShadowBoyZX posted...
^ Aw, come on. You know what I meant. You still have to connect to the internet to download the update.

Even if you're right about them being canon though....I rather they not be honestly.

HappyUnicorn101 posted...
ShadowBoyZX posted...

Exactly. The thought that pretty much everyone we fought is alive along with the Emmeryn somewhat cheapens the experience for me and makes it seem like there were no real consequences. Sort of like in the end game where they couldn't even let MU rest in peace. I sacrificed myself, so I could take out Grima once and for all but instead he comes back because of bonds.

Honestly, I definitely agree with you about the MU thing. I felt his sacrifice was the climax of the game and bringing them back kinda cheapened that. But when it comes to Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, etc. I really like that they survived. I mean, did you get the MU/Gangrel supports? They really developed Gangrel as a character and made me like him a lot as a character.

And its not like everyone survived. Validar, Grima, Mustafah, the real Yen'fey, Excellus, Phila, and Cervantes were all notable characters who died for real.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support