Marriage! It overwhelms me!

#1AlienneFatalePosted 7/31/2013 9:13:39 PM
Help! I am about to start chapter 11. I have not been planning anything; I have just been playing and having fun. I am stunned to find out that Chrom is about to marry off. I thought I'd have a lot more time than that.

And frankly, now I am kind of panicking at trying to do the marriages "right" like the FAQ has. I skimmed it and I feel like that is completely insane (for my needs and interest, anyway). I don't really need to min/max as long as I don't do anything terribly dumb, I guess.

MyUnit is female. So my questions are:

1) I see some things about "always pass along the coolest skill, especially Galeforce." Well, Chrom wants to marry Sumia and she only has one skill. Am I doing something wrong? Or is that okay, and I just do whatever paralogue that would be when Sumia has developed Galeforce, and I make sure it's added last on her character?

2) Am I basically stuck with Chrom/Sumia (which I guess is okay?) Or is that alterable if I do a bunch of outside battles before I ever have that support conversation, and before I start chapter 11?

3) If I do Chrom/Sumia, and have a female MyUnit... how should I pair everyone else up, in order to get all the kids (can I get them all?) and have them all be pretty cool?

Geez, I was just pairing people up for effective combat. I didn't know they were already courting...

Please help, thanks!
#2rpgking2006Posted 7/31/2013 9:19:33 PM
If it's your first playthrough just don't worry about it, in my first playthrough, Chrom married Sumia , a unit I ended up levelling up like twice in the entire game.

The whole galeforce and pairing stuffs is just for people on lunatic and doing 'optimized runs' and things.
---
"Gaius if your serious about this army, I need you to marry Tharja" "Why?"
"So her daughter..." "Can get galeforce"
#3GigaMan91Posted 7/31/2013 9:25:21 PM
If this is your first playthrough, I suggest you completely ignore any internet guides and just play they way you want to. Relying on the internet will potentially ruin your first-time experience. Just sit back, have fun, and enjoy the game at your own pace. The game is not so difficult that you need to play it a certain way to be successful in it. Just do what you want, and you'll be just fine.
#4ShadowBoyZXPosted 7/31/2013 9:32:24 PM
The only one that will get married automatically is Chrom, so you don't have to stress too much.

1) The last skill the character has equipped(Besides chrom who will always pass aether) is passed on to the child so they start with 4 skills instead of 2.

2) In order to not get stuck with Chrom and Sumia(Only if you don't want them together), you have to raise the level of support between Chrom and another girl higher before finishing chapter 11. Battling risen on the world map or spotpass.

3) I'll leave the pairing suggestions to someone else since, I'm just going for whoever I feel fits together best in this playthrough but there are more males than females and other than Chrom or MU, the kids come from the mothers so you can get all of the children.

It's best to avoid guides or looking for answers online this early in the game though or you'll get spoiled. I had to change this message around because I originally put a spoiler in the answer to question 1.
#5gamingratPosted 7/31/2013 10:18:55 PM
ShadowBoyZX posted...
The only one that will get married automatically is Chrom, so you don't have to stress too much.

1) The last skill the character has equipped(Besides chrom who will always pass aether) is passed on to the child so they start with 4 skills instead of 2.

2) In order to not get stuck with Chrom and Sumia(Only if you don't want them together), you have to raise the level of support between Chrom and another girl higher before finishing chapter 11. Battling risen on the world map or spotpass.

3) I'll leave the pairing suggestions to someone else since, I'm just going for whoever I feel fits together best in this playthrough but there are more males than females and other than Chrom or MU, the kids come from the mothers so you can get all of the children.

It's best to avoid guides or looking for answers online this early in the game though or you'll get spoiled. I had to change this message around because I originally put a spoiler in the answer to question 1.

make sure sumia has whatever skills you want to pass on at the end of chapter 13
---
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
#6AlienneFatale(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 10:32:45 PM
Okay, thanks. Sorry, bad day, and I think I let it get to me. :P I'll just relax and have fun. It helps a lot to know that I can get all the kids, because what would make me really mad is missing out on someone because I "screwed up". And you guys are right, I'm likely to replay because I am a big fan of replaying games. So I'll assume I will get more tries at this.