Priam and the Ike/Soren pairing (contains discussion of Priam's ancestry)

#11vanguard29Posted 8/1/2013 8:49:57 PM
kaonohiokala posted...
soren is actually a girl

new argument

when i first played PoR, i thought he was until the game told me otherwise >_>
---
#OwainforSSB4
Unofficially official husband of Say'ri of FE:A
#12Cheesepower5Posted 8/1/2013 9:12:36 PM
Timbjerr posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
Ike x genderbent Soren OTP

"Genderbent Soren" puts some pretty hot imagery in my mind.

why u do this?

It's time we face facts.

Soren makes a pretty hawt girl. Hell, even as a guy... Ike could've done worse. A lot worse.

He could've done Meg, for example.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#13SazukeEXPosted 8/2/2013 12:35:01 AM
Totally, Ike descendanted onto Soren alright if you get my drift.

Mist later popped out the child that would eventually lead down to Priam years later.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#14UltimatePizzaLordPosted 8/2/2013 1:48:32 AM
Huff n puff 20 posted...
Sinks it. At least as far as the potential that Ike is gay, and Ike/Soren is anything more than a strong friendship.

"Scion" is the word used by Nintendo. There is No room for discussion, He's a direct descendant.

Furthermore, just to ruin the "Priam is from Mist" theory even more, Mist remained in Tellius, where as Ike did not. Ike is stated to be from another world at the start of Paralogue 23, and this is from Chrom, not Priam, so Priam is far from some 'deranged homeless guy' who's making crazy claims.

SazukeEX posted...
Totally, Ike descendanted onto Soren alright if you get my drift.

The argument was settled, but then it came back, with a vengeance. ALL BETS ARE OFF.
---
http://soundcloud.com/evil-for-sale
#15DigiDude77Posted 8/2/2013 2:06:50 AM
Priam's clearly just from another timeline like Yen'Fay.

And FYI, gay guys have kids too. :P
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#16banjo kazooiePosted 8/2/2013 2:09:48 AM
Considering how long surrogacy has been a thing for, Priam being descended from Ike doesn't really mean much.
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX
#17IlluminaZer0Posted 8/2/2013 3:24:04 AM(edited)
Cheesepower5 posted...
Ike x genderbent Soren OTP

This is truth.

Magic is a wonderful thing.

And Soren is sexier than most women anyways.

But yes, surrogacy is another thing. Not that uncommon for asexual or homosexual nobility to procreate as a form of filial duty.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#18VirusLordPosted 8/2/2013 6:35:49 AM
I come to this topic bringing TRUTH. The truth is, the developers don't give a ****. In PoR, Ike was implied to be straight, and the game featured hints at a bodyguard crush between him and Elincia. In RD, Ike isn't remotely interested in Elincia, or any other woman, but he has special paired endings with both Soren and Ranulf, in a game where the only other paired ending that doesn't explicitly involve marriage is LuciaxBastion, where they explicitly have an affair (in case it wasn't clear, what I'm getting at is that there's some pretty strong homosexual subtext in RD).

But none of that actually matters, because all that really matters is that the developers have a hardon for Ike. They wanted to make an Ike reference in this game, damn it, but having Ike actually show up in person would've been too much of a stretch (plus redundant, given DLC), so they settled for the next best thing: Ike had a descendant. This is, quite frankly, all there is to it. Sexual orientation and possible breeding candidates don't matter. That's right, I'm promoting IkexIS. The closest thing to canon.

Soren would make a pretty hot chick, though.
---
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW