Wielder of Falchion? *spoilers*

#1DigiDude77Posted 8/2/2013 1:24:56 AM
So, I'm actually curious now.

Why was Chrom the wielder of the Falchion? Wasn't Emmeryn the eldest child (She had the brand quite visible as well)? Shouldn't she have been the one to inherit it? We know it's not gender-specific, as Lucina inherited it.

On top of that, after Emmeryn's 'death', if Chrom had indeed died in Lucina's future, why did Lucina inherit Falchion? Wouldn't it have passed onto Lissa? I know she doesn't have the brand, but we know the blood runs through her, so logically, she would have gotten it. Why would it have gone to a newborn baby over Lissa?

Has anyone else been bothered by the random inheritance of Falchion in this game?
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#2HappyUnicorn101Posted 8/2/2013 1:27:23 AM
Even if you are in the bloodline it doesn't guarantee that you can wield Falchion. This is shown in Lucina and her sister's support.
---
"I really hope you were one of the hundreds of people i curb stomped today" - Typical basement dwellers living through their vidyagames
#3DigiDude77(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 1:28:56 AM(edited)
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
Even if you are in the bloodline it doesn't guarantee that you can wield Falchion. This is shown in Lucina and her sister's support.

If I recall, that mentions the brand as proof you can wield it.

But Emmeryn has the brand.

And if that's the case, why can't Chrom!Inigo wield it? As it's mentioned when you recruit him with Chrom that Inigo has the brand in the opposite eye as Lucina.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#4banjo kazooiePosted 8/2/2013 1:33:17 AM
They can't wield it for gameplay reasons. Emmeryn also probably could wield it, but Chrom has practically no magical affinity, whilst both of his sisters do, which makes him the prime candidate.
---
That's strange because reading it gave me Shonen level powers, a spiked hair cut, and Lupus. - SwordMasterEX
#5EchoPhoenixPosted 8/2/2013 1:38:38 AM
DigiDude77 posted...
If I recall, that mentions the brand as proof you can wield it.

You don't recall correctly. For example, Owain has the Brand, but he can't wield the Falchion.
#6LuminozeroPosted 8/2/2013 2:06:51 AM
Yeah, Owain's blood is just as Exalted as Lucina's. The sword is picky like that.

Though Lucina's sibling, whomever they may be, is technically able to use it. Just not in gameplay.
---
"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." - Bill Watterson
#7DemiseEndPosted 8/2/2013 5:41:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8GoGoatPosted 8/2/2013 6:45:38 AM
You also have to consider Emmeryn is considered a symbol of peace in Ylisse. Even if she could wield it, why would she? Chrom would be able to get far more use out of it by being with the Sheperds.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595
#9PKRockin531Posted 8/2/2013 6:48:34 AM
because this game trips all over itself
---
www.youtube.com/user/PKLucas531
#10OtachiSwordXLPosted 8/2/2013 6:48:47 AM
You forgot the other perquisite.

Blue hair.
---
Zomg, Otachi too? BEST. ORGY. EVER. - Boldrin
I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions!