does anyone actually like Chrom?

#1EndgamePosted 8/10/2013 10:54:59 AM
just curious

I mean, he's pretty bland as a character and even worse as a unit, with meh caps and poor class selection.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#2sneeker944Posted 8/10/2013 10:55:28 AM
No
#3SwiftWind11Posted 8/10/2013 10:56:13 AM
I always thought he could be a decent support unit as a Paladin...
---
White FC: 3439-3364-9368
#4ClassyCanadianPosted 8/10/2013 10:57:07 AM
He's a pretty good unit. He's limited, but you have to remember that variety isn't all that matters. He's pretty good at what he does.

As a character, he's poor and bland.
---
My SMTIV topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/66862669
Currently Playing: FE13 and SMTIV, My OTP: http://i.imgur.com/669f2Lv.jpg
#5Endgame(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 10:58:35 AM
who needs lame ol' Dad for support when Lucina and Chrom!Inigo can do Galeforce abuse as Paladins together, with Lucina even providing the oh so coveted Dual Strike+?
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6Strawberry_EggsPosted 8/10/2013 12:45:20 PM(edited)
Yes, I do like him. He ranks rather low on my list of favorites, but I don't dislike him, or even feel indifferent to him. He's mostly dull even in a majority of his supports. His rare snarky side does come out once in a while, usually during the child Paralogues and DLC. Also, he's more of a goof than he lets on. There's his S support with the female Avatar, where he tries to psyche himself up to confess to her.

There's also the Summer Scramble conversation, where he messes up while trying to do things for his wife and make fond memories for her. The Avatar is kind of embarrassed and even berates him a little, but she did appreciate his efforts on a "it's the thought that counts" level. A part of me likes to think that Morgan picked up on his father's dorky but well-meaning tendencies, though of course, Morgan acts the way he does regardless of who his father is.

And yes, I love the changes to the story, minor though they are, when the female Avatar is married to him. :)

As for his usefulness as a unit, I'm not one to judge on that.
---
"I bought a ward against [logic] off a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."
#7juanyiyiPosted 8/10/2013 11:58:01 AM
Character wise, I like his reactions to the other characters, and his reactions towards the parent child convos. That's all.
---
"If FE is so good why did it take so long to get to the west? Because it's mediocre."
-Davidk92 The most stupid thing I've read
#8JarickoPosted 8/10/2013 12:15:19 PM
Hes alright. His class has some of my favorite animations involving a lance. And its the only class with awesome lance animations besides the bride. As a character though i would say hes simply alright. I feel they did not really give him much character. The line i am either swinging a sword or napping is pretty accurate as he really is not in a whole lot of meaningful supports.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#9RAPTall1Posted 8/10/2013 12:17:45 PM
I have nothing against him. On my current playthrough he's married to MU, and will end up being a good support unit as a paladin.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#10rpgking2006Posted 8/10/2013 12:22:03 PM
I like him as a unit, not as flimsy as some previous lords have been, but as a character he's a bit naf, you know that battle conversation walmart has with him, where he's all like 'You only follow your sisters second-hand beliefs not your own', I completely agree with that, and that's what makes him so lame compared to some of the previous lords.
---
"Gaius if your serious about this army, I need you to marry Tharja" "Why?"
"So her daughter..." "Can get galeforce"