Why do people hate Lyn?

#1masked_ryugin55Posted 8/15/2013 9:33:45 PM
legit question, she has good stats (I've always liked speedy characters) and she has a decent persnality. So why all the hate?
---
Self-proclaimed biggest smartass on the Fire Emblem Awakening Message Boards
I'm the troll the board needs... but doesn't deserve...
#2Misha-HeartPosted 8/15/2013 9:40:20 PM(edited)
She's also very frail and her avoid isn't that good unless she has WTA. Also, maining swords is terrible since Lyn can never attack from 1-2 range reliably. In a game where you can clear a whole crowd of enemies with a Javelin, Lyn is bad. Her Strength is also very mediocre, so her offense isn't that good later on.

Lyn also has a very crazy fanbase that make the Owain spammers look like nothing in comparison.

DLC/Spotpass Lyn is nothing special either. The only good DLC/Spotpass characters are Seliph, Camus, Palla, Jamke and the Sorcerers.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#3TaiphlosionPosted 8/15/2013 9:42:11 PM
I don't hate Lyn
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#4Cheesepower5Posted 8/15/2013 10:01:19 PM
Who hates Lyn...?

Suddenly not thinking she's wtfamazing counts as hate? I prefer Eliwood and Hector to Lyn, but Lyn is fine.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#5Sentinel07Posted 8/15/2013 10:16:31 PM
I don't hate her at all, although she is kind of bland, even for Fire Emblem lords.

As for her stats, she's excellent as long as she dodges every attack thrown at her, because she's likely to be in danger after very few hits.
#6Devil_Killer_JCPosted 8/15/2013 10:17:09 PM
Misha-Heart posted...
She's also very frail and her avoid isn't that good unless she has WTA. Also, maining swords is terrible since Lyn can never attack from 1-2 range reliably. In a game where you can clear a whole crowd of enemies with a Javelin, Lyn is bad. Her Strength is also very mediocre, so her offense isn't that good later on.

Lyn also has a very crazy fanbase that make the Owain spammers look like nothing in comparison.

DLC/Spotpass Lyn is nothing special either. The only good DLC/Spotpass characters are Seliph, Camus, Palla, Jamke and the Sorcerers.

^this.

That's really my main problem with Lyn; her STR and DEF are just bad. All the SPD in the world won't help you if you're frail and you do dismal damage to enemies.

Though, my first FE7 playthrough's Lyn was really weird. She maxed STR, SKL, nearly maxed SPD (1 point off), and had over 50 HP at the end. I wish she was always RNG blessed like that. lol
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#7VascelaPosted 8/15/2013 10:33:56 PM
It's not that I hate her; stats like defense and strength are just better than speed for the main story.
#8IlluminaZer0Posted 8/15/2013 10:49:30 PM(edited)
Lyn always gets bashed when people mock Eliwood for some odd reason. Which is odd, as establishing that Eliwood > Lyn does not make Eliwood a good character. Worsening this is that it's always assumed that Eliwood is promoted and not RNG screwed.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#9Cheesepower5Posted 8/15/2013 10:56:58 PM
IlluminaZer0 posted...
Lyn always gets bashed when people mock Eliwood for some odd reason. Which is odd, as establishing that Eliwood > Lyn does not make Eliwood a good character. Worsening this is that it's always assumed that Eliwood is promoted and not RNG screwed.

Average stats are used because assuming one character is screwed or blessed by the RNG is blatantly unfair. You could assume Eliwood gets RNG screwed, but you'd have to assume Lyn does too.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#10IlluminaZer0Posted 8/15/2013 11:00:24 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
Average stats are used because assuming one character is screwed or blessed by the RNG is blatantly unfair. You could assume Eliwood gets RNG screwed, but you'd have to assume Lyn does too.

I understand the significance of using average stats, but ignoring how easily Eliwood can get RNG screwed is a bit of a fantasy.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.