Why do people hate Lyn?

#41Misha-HeartPosted 8/17/2013 7:44:50 AM
anondum posted...
yeah, and? the harder maps show up earlier on when you don't have your really good units yet. not saying the later maps are easy, but when you get your full team set up things calm down a little. that's why erk is so highly rated in HHM despite not being used in the end game. he's got a solid 10 chapters of being your best and probably only mage. lyn's ability to dominate early on with her manni katti makes her a lot better than she normally would be.

Erk's actually not that good and Lucius beats him for promotion because of C Staves and better offensive growths. And Lyn's Mani Katti abuse doesn't last forever.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#42SazukeEXPosted 8/17/2013 8:20:27 AM
Eh. She's well loved so she has vocal haters.

I'm glad Farina is popular enough to be remembered but not too popular that she has anywhere near the haters as poor Lyn who did nothing to deserve such hate.
---
"What is... "Is". Your own personal bias or opinions cannot change what has already been written." - Canon
#43Cheesepower5Posted 8/17/2013 8:28:42 AM
SazukeEX posted...

I'm glad Farina is popular enough to be remembered but not too popular that she has anywhere near the haters as poor Lyn who did nothing to deserve such hate.

There's like 100 posts in this thread and maybe 2 of them could be construed as Lyn hate. It's all in 'yer head...

NOTE: Saying that Lyn is a mediocre unit doesn't mean you hate her. It means she's a mediocre unit.
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#44DemiseEndPosted 8/17/2013 8:55:06 AM
Erk can do 13 Damage to Mercenary!
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#45SazukeEXPosted 8/17/2013 8:57:44 AM
Cheesepower5 posted...
SazukeEX posted...

There's like 100 posts in this thread and maybe 2 of them could be construed as Lyn hate. It's all in 'yer head...

NOTE: Saying that Lyn is a mediocre unit doesn't mean you hate her. It means she's a mediocre unit.

Here. Else where... Hehehe... They are indeed quite loud but they are only a few before the many that adore her.
---
"What is... "Is". Your own personal bias or opinions cannot change what has already been written." - Canon
#46Lao-ShanTuxPosted 8/17/2013 8:59:20 AM
I don't even remember the tier list for 7...

But eh, I just use whoever I feel is best for the chapter. I mostly ignore levels unless, say, I need to pick two of the three cavaliers.

Lords always go in. I sort of assigned the lords "Class Stand-ins", with Lyn filling in for Mercs/Myrms, Hector for Knights/Fighters, and Eliwood for Mercs/Knights.
---
You can't get this Ruby. Bunnies, bats, and rats. Yeah.
The Official Lao-Shan Lung, Anguilante, and Deino of everything. Panne is my wife.
#47DemiseEndPosted 8/17/2013 9:08:12 AM
Efficiency:

-Jesus On Wheels-
Marcus

-Top-
Sain
Priscilla
Kent
Ninian/Nils
Raven
Florina
Matthew

-High-
Serra
Lowen
Oswin
Hector
Pent

-Upper Middle-
Hawkeye
Harken
Geitz
Lucius
Erk
Fiora
Heath
Isadora
Canas
Guy
Lyn
Dart
Legault

-Middle-
Dorcas
Farina
Eliwood
Rath
Vaida
Jaffar

-Lower Middle-
Bartre
Karel
Athos
Renault
Louise
Rebecca

-Low-
Wallace
Wil
Karla
Nino

Ranked:

-Top-
Matthew
Serra = Priscilla
Raven
Ninian/Nils
Marcus

-High-
Oswin
Hector
Sain
Kent
Lowen
Guy
Erk
Florina
Pent

-Upper Mid-
Eliwood
Harken
Lucius
Geitz
Legault
Fiora
Heath
Canas
Dorcas
Lyn

-Lower Mid-
Hawkeye
Athos
Isadora
Bartre
Jaffar
Karel

-Low-
Dart
Vaida
Rebecca
Rath
Louise
Wil
Nino
Farina

-Bottom-
Karla
Wallace
Renault
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#48SazukeEXPosted 8/17/2013 9:12:31 AM
Real shame that Farina and Karla join late as they're decent enough units as is.

Though I find it hilarious that they intentionally set up Karla for Arena Abuse when you get her.
---
#49Luce_ImperiusPosted 8/17/2013 4:06:18 PM
SazukeEX posted...
Real shame that Farina and Karla join late as they're decent enough units as is.

Though I find it hilarious that they intentionally set up Karla for Arena Abuse when you get her.

Uh, Battle Prep is a 5 turn map. Even so, four rounds of the Arena barely constitutes abuse and with Karla's poor stats really only gets her to a usable level for the next map.
---
This is a Slump Clinic
#5017MasterPosted 8/17/2013 4:34:48 PM
masked_ryugin55 posted...
legit question, she has good stats (I've always liked speedy characters)

Just because you like high speed does not make her stats good. A base HP of 16 with 2 Def/20% growth is not a good thing. She consistently dies in two to three hits, and her Avoid isn't as great as so many people exaggerate it to be.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/17Master