It'll be years before FE ever ends up on a console again.

#1GalwenPosted 8/16/2013 7:56:08 AM
After how the Tellius games turned out and Awakening's success, I'm sure somebody at IS has figured that FE isn't a series for the consoles anymore after the SNES.
#2Strawberry_EggsPosted 8/16/2013 8:49:04 AM(edited)
Well, if you count it, there's still Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Other than being an RPG, Arceus knows which series it will take after more gameplay-wise.

But yeah, the follow-up to Awakening, whatever it may be is pretty much guaranteed to be 3DS title. Personally, I don't mind at all if Fire Emblem sticks to the handhelds. Contemporary handhelds have the power and the capacity to replicate a console RPG experience and the Japanese RPG industry has long since moved mostly to them. Heck, I've played far more games thanks to handhelds in the past five years than I ever have before. I consider the DS to be my current most favorite video game system, and I can see the 3DS surpassing it.
---
"I bought a ward against [logic] off a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."
#3Flamingace18Posted 8/16/2013 8:07:09 AM
Who knows. The Wii U is doing really poorly and if Nintendo thinks they could boost the sales by putting a FE game on there then they will.
---
Texas Rangers fan since 2002, OKC fan since 2008, STL Rams fan since 2010. Oklahoma Sooners fan since 1999. Proud RSU and OU student.
#4KuzuryuSubaruPosted 8/16/2013 8:37:46 AM
The WiiU is doing worse than the Vita right now, it can't sell entirely on Pikmin and Mario. (Also, on the topic of the Vita, Freedom Wings looks glorious and innovative, I finally found my Vita system seller)

Even in Japan the WiiU has abysmal sales, so you will have to give the WiiU time to build up a larger userbase first.
---
As long as FF XV is around, I don't plan on buying a Square game ever again.
#5vikithewaffuPosted 8/16/2013 8:48:26 AM
handhelds are more cheaper to make and popular in japan
---
Well, Raja did say something about Lucretia being 3 steps ahead of everyone else...that means she's better than Batman, who is only 2 steps ahead.
#6Galwen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 5:48:57 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
Who knows. The Wii U is doing really poorly and if Nintendo thinks they could boost the sales by putting a FE game on there then they will.

KuzuryuSubaru posted...
The WiiU is doing worse than the Vita right now, it can't sell entirely on Pikmin and Mario. (Also, on the topic of the Vita, Freedom Wings looks glorious and innovative, I finally found my Vita system seller)

Even in Japan the WiiU has abysmal sales, so you will have to give the WiiU time to build up a larger userbase first.

So do either of you know that both Tellius games sold worse than Shadow Dragon?
#7Lylat_CruiserPosted 8/16/2013 5:58:29 PM
Galwen posted...
Flamingace18 posted...

KuzuryuSubaru posted...

So do either of you know that both Tellius games sold worse than Shadow Dragon?

I think it's because Shadow Dragon was advertised more-so than the Tellius games. I've seen those large box cutouts and posters for Shadow Dragon at gamestop compared to the Radiances.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
Playing: 3DS; Fire Emblem Ewoks, Animal Crossing New Beef, Project Bare Bones, Shin Megas IV, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimas
#8PrettyTonyTigerPosted 8/16/2013 6:12:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9Galwen(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 7:31:51 PM
FE's sales haven't been all that for years. Even before the Tellius games.

From what I recall, FE's sales played a role in getting Casual Mode. IS was told during the production of New Mystery of the Emblem to put in something to expand the audience.
#10rhys855Posted 8/16/2013 8:21:03 PM
KuzuryuSubaru posted...
The WiiU is doing worse than the Vita right now.

LOL no. The vita has been out twice as long and the WiiU almost matches its lifetime sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Seriously Your just kidding yourself.
---
Best Pony, Twilight Sparkle http://i.imgur.com/QhLuNab.png