Frederick!Gerome and Donnel!Kjelle Skilset.

#1Frostheat_22Posted 8/19/2013 11:18:33 AM
I really want them to tank stuff because I'm going to pair them up with galeforce users.

Frederick!Gerome: Wyvern lord

Pavise
Aegis
Sol
Dual Guard
Limit break

Donnel!Kjelle: General

Galeforce
Limit break
Aegis
Sol
Dual Guard/Pavise

I really need suggestions. Thanks.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#2HeoandReoPosted 8/19/2013 11:22:02 AM
Gerome looks fine as a tanking set. He gets just enough to do what he needs to do on that front, so it looks good.

For Kjelle, I might replace Dual Guard with Pavise, but if you still want to run that, replace it with Galeforce. If you do want to do a 'hybrid' set, though, I'd run Luna over Sol to take fuller advantage of Galeforce.
---
http://hnrs-ff6-sccs.blogspot.ca/
#3Frostheat_22(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 11:39:53 AM
HeoandReo posted...
Gerome looks fine as a tanking set. He gets just enough to do what he needs to do on that front, so it looks good.

For Kjelle, I might replace Dual Guard with Pavise, but if you still want to run that, replace it with Galeforce. If you do want to do a 'hybrid' set, though, I'd run Luna over Sol to take fuller advantage of Galeforce.

Your hybrid idea seems interesting, so I'll try it.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#4HeoandReoPosted 8/19/2013 2:22:17 PM
Frostheat_22 posted...
HeoandReo posted...

Your hybrid idea seems interesting, so I'll try it.

The only downside of that is that you might not have enough room for all the skills you might want. A tanking enemy phase Kjelle might want Sol over Luna to go with Pavise/Aegis. Donnel!Kjelle (And Vaike!/Gregor!Kjelle by extension) might want to run Armsthrift for regalia abuse. An offensively-based Galeforce Kjelle might not need to run Pavise/Aegis if she moves out of enemy range after getting a kill. Something like Pavise/Aegis/Luna/Galeforce/Limit Break is probably the closest I can get to a hybrid variation of offense + defense, but even it has its issues. (i.e. reliant on Elixirs/Gradivus for healing instead of Sol, iffy with regalia unless you play Infinite Regalia for a few hours) I personally run Armsthrift and Vantage over Pavise/Aegis with this set, but it's up to you and what you want.

The way I see it, Donnel!Kjelle's main niche is to give her Galeforce and Mercenary, depending on what you want her to do. (Gaius and Avatar tend to be better used elsewhere) He's the only non-Avatar father who gives both, but it's a surprisingly small niche, with only Noire really having any other use for it.
---
http://hnrs-ff6-sccs.blogspot.ca/
#5guedesbrawlPosted 8/19/2013 2:32:44 PM
Frederick!Gerome looks fine, but Donnel!Kjelle... you got Galeforce on a Tank? that's a waste, honestly. She should run the same set as Gerome, but you can give her Lancefaire or Armsthrift to increase her attack power, at least.

You are better off tanking with Nah (who sucks at offense), and leaving Kjelle as a support or offensive unit
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...