Are pre-promotes decent in this game?

#11I_eat_tablesPosted 8/19/2013 3:36:48 PM
The prepromotes here are all pretty good.

Fred is your Jeigan and is relatively standard. His personal bases are abysmal for his level, but thanks to starting in a good class they look alright. He has little long term potential thanks to those bases however. Second Sealing him is strongly not recommended because of this - while he can revert and become okay-ish, that's about it. He still gains EXP more slowly (a side effect of Second Seals) - like a level 10-12 unit right after Sealing effectively, which is faster than he would otherwise but... still doesn't give much long term potential, effectively.

Anna is an awesome utility character, but that's really it. Her stats are decent enough that she can often survive okay, especially since with staves she's likely to reach level 5 and learn Lucky Seven for a +20 avoid boost for 7 turns (and pretty much all of the time she might be in any danger are during those turns). Thief with instantly okayish stats and staff use = great utility in my books.

Libra pretty much replaces (one of) your healer(s) from when he joins. Unlike Anna, his stats are much more competitive - his stats are pretty close to a level 20/1 Lissa (which is VERY optimistic for Lissa by the time Libra joins anyway). So that makes him a very viable unit to use. He also has access to some nice classes for reclass purposes - Sage and Sorcerer in particular.

Sai'ri is a little less remarkable because of the lack of support options and later joining, but she still has decent to great base stats for her level depending on difficulty (stats rise on higher difficulties), but I'd say her best use is as Tiki's support, considering Tiki is a potentially extremely strong unit. Still, until Tiki joins she's a perfectly adequate unit by her self - just give her a nice pair up with your strongest unused unit for the minor benefits it brings.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#12Misha-HeartPosted 8/19/2013 3:39:32 PM
Frederick, Libra, Anna, Say'ri and Tiki are all good on their own right.

A Prepromote's usefulness is proportional to how well the player can use them.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#13MagnemightPosted 8/19/2013 3:45:19 PM
RDS1 posted...
DemiseEnd posted...
Finally, if she counts, Tiki is basically the kind of unit who joined very late, but is extremely powerful, think Athos.

...while Tiki is good right off the bat

Tiki's never seemed especially strong to me.

Wouldn't it depend on when you manage to recruit her? Her Paralogue is somewhat impossible if one doesn't have an offensive-enough army...it's one of the few where you can't charge through it with your best units.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against a Shy Guy onslaught!
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#14RDS1Posted 8/19/2013 3:46:44 PM
Magnemight posted...
RDS1 posted...
DemiseEnd posted...
Finally, if she counts, Tiki is basically the kind of unit who joined very late, but is extremely powerful, think Athos.

...while Tiki is good right off the bat

Tiki's never seemed especially strong to me.

Wouldn't it depend on when you manage to recruit her? Her Paralogue is somewhat impossible if one doesn't have an offensive-enough army...it's one of the few where you can't charge through it with your best units.

Um...what? Tiki's paralogue is almost literally the only battle in the game where I don't use an offensive strategy.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#15MagnemightPosted 8/19/2013 3:58:35 PM
RDS1 posted...
Magnemight posted...

Um...what? Tiki's paralogue is almost literally the only battle in the game where I don't use an offensive strategy.

An offensive army, not strategy. You've got to kill around 12 riders every turn to win the mission, and not all armies can do that.
---
Download the demo (offsite topic): http://forums.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14596
#16DemiseEndPosted 8/19/2013 3:59:43 PM
Late game Lunatic Frederick is a joke

He is cool at Valm Arc to snipe Falcoknights and GK. In Plegia.2, Frederick either does joke damage, or miss.

As for Tiki, just complete her paralogue in like 2 turns and call it a day. She is pretty cool in Lunatic since your best unit can't cover 3 place at once
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#17MagnemightPosted 8/19/2013 4:05:46 PM
DemiseEnd posted...
As for Tiki, just complete her paralogue in like 2 turns and call it a day. She is pretty cool in Lunatic since your best unit can't cover 3 place at once

How do you do that? Wouldn't that entail killing around 25 units in a single turn?
---
#18RDS1Posted 8/19/2013 4:10:51 PM
Magnemight posted...
RDS1 posted...
Magnemight posted...

An offensive army, not strategy. You've got to kill around 12 riders every turn to win the mission, and not all armies can do that.

Why do I need to kill 12 riders every turn? If I don't kill a rider, it just sits there blocking other riders from getting attacks in.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#19MagnemightPosted 8/19/2013 4:13:18 PM
RDS1 posted...
Magnemight posted...
RDS1 posted...
Magnemight posted...

Why do I need to kill 12 riders every turn? If I don't kill a rider, it just sits there blocking other riders from getting attacks in.

What mode is this where Tiki can take more than two attacks before dying?
---
#20DemiseEndPosted 8/19/2013 4:18:12 PM
Its easy if you have 3 Galeforce

2 Galeforce version need a bow user who can wield Silver Bow though
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it