A Bunch of Questions from a FIre Emblem Beginner...

#1infection969Posted 8/19/2013 4:36:44 PM
First off, Reclassing.
I'm fully aware that you get skills at levels 1 and 10 for base, and 5 and 15 for promoted. What I don't understand is this: I hear people saying that it becomes more difficult to level up the more you use Second Seals. If this is that case, would it be ideal to reclass after the desired skills are acquired in a class? Or would it be better to level a class to its maximum level (ex: General Lvl. 20) before reclassing?

Second, Maxing Stats. How would someone go about this in general?

Third, What's the opinion on Lunatic?
I am playing the game on Normal Casual, and will definitely get another playthrough in. However I've also heard my friends call Lunatic "Frederick Emblem". If I want another playthrough that isn't tedious and revolves around certain characters, should I go with Hard Classic instead of Lunatic Casual?

Fourth, DLC
I do plan on getting most DLC, what are recommended and what should I stay away from?
Also, (Going back to first question), If second classing a lot reduces experience, does the EXP grinding map basically make that a moot point?

Thank you in advance!
---
Xbox-Munafo270
#2Sword_of_DuskPosted 8/19/2013 4:42:31 PM
As to your first question, it does get harder to gain experience after using a few second seals, so if you're out to rack up skills, you should indeed reclass after Lv.10 unpromoted and Lv.15 promoted for the best results.

For your third question, Frederick is only really needed during the first few chapters, but once your other units get going, it gets easier. I still recommend Hard/Classic for a challenging, but rewarding run.

Can't help you with the other questions, sorry,
---
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
#3DlordflashPosted 8/19/2013 4:46:58 PM
infection969 posted...
First off, Reclassing.
I'm fully aware that you get skills at levels 1 and 10 for base, and 5 and 15 for promoted. What I don't understand is this: I hear people saying that it becomes more difficult to level up the more you use Second Seals. If this is that case, would it be ideal to reclass after the desired skills are acquired in a class? Or would it be better to level a class to its maximum level (ex: General Lvl. 20) before reclassing?

I am playing the game on Normal Casual, and will definitely get another playthrough in. However I've also heard my friends call Lunatic "Frederick Emblem". If I want another playthrough that isn't tedious and revolves around certain characters, should I go with Hard Classic instead of Lunatic Casual?

Fourth, DLC
I do plan on getting most DLC, what are recommended and what should I stay away from?
Also, (Going back to first question), If second classing a lot reduces experience, does the EXP grinding map basically make that a moot point?

Thank you in advance!

1.Basically as you level up the game keeps track of the levels your units gain, so exp gains diminish after awhile, the lowest would be 8 exp per kill. If you just want the skills just go ahead and second seal to a new class when you get the new skill if you want some stats along the way go and level up more. Also I should also add to what you know, special classes such as manakete and taguel gain skills at lvl 1 and 15 and their max level is 30 instead of 20, they also cannot promote in that class.

2. Just keep leveling up and use stat boosters when needed.

3. In lunatic, frederick is typically going to be the one you rely on early into the game but then become less significant again soon after.Going hard classic is good but if you think your up to it, go ahead and give lunatic a go

4. Going into DLC is a longer matter so I'll leave this open. But the EXP grinding map good for long term grinding. The Exponential Growth DLC is only there to help you boost up your lower leveled units and bring them up to par with everyone else, after a few second seals or promotions it loses its effectiveness and you'll have to rely on other things to grind.
---
3DS FC: 4897-6258-8667
#4rpgking2006Posted 8/19/2013 4:48:43 PM
infection969 posted...
First off, Reclassing.

Fourth, DLC

Thank you in advance!

1)Not on your first playthrough (second seals aren't always available, they cost money and you probably won't use that many anyway), it's mainly a postgame or lunatic thing or something your do with only a few units.
2) second sealing, my good units usually max out a lot of stats after fully levelling as a promoted unit twice, but this again is something you don't have to care about on your first playthrough, it only really becomes a thing really into the postgame.

3) I think Hard classic is the best mode, but it is a contentious issue, some people are all like "OH LUNATIC IS SUPER EASY YOUR ALL JUST N00BS", I would recommend at least using hard classic as a stop gap between them no matter what you do though, because Normal casual has nothing on any real difficulty (though I am biased in that I like permadeath as a feature).
4) Future Past and the scramble packs are what I recommend, first one for story, second one for character development, the others basically give more game-mechanically bonuses than anything, but if your playing the game enough they're still a good investment. Not entirely mooted because you'll still have to spend more and more time on the map grinding to increase in levels, but it certainly speeds things up a bit.
---
"Should I divorce my wife if she turns out unable to pass galeforce onto my child?" - N7Paladin
#5I_eat_tablesPosted 8/19/2013 4:50:24 PM
infection969 posted...
First off, Reclassing.

Short answer: Yes it becomes more difficult each time you Second Seal, and the time to reclass really depends on lots of things.

Long answer: Every time you use a Second Seal your 'cumulative level' increases by approx. half your current level (+20 for promoted), up to a maximum of 20/30/50 on normal/hard/lunatic(+) respectively. Whenever you gain EXP, the game treats your level as your displayed level + your cumulative level. So for example, if you second seal at level 20 unpromoted, your cumulative level increases by about 10*, so even though you'd be level 1, you'll now gain EXP as though you were level 11*.

*Actually increases internal level by 9 because formula for increase is (L-1)/2.

When to reclass: If you're grinding for skills, as soon as you learn the skills. If you're grinding for EXP, whenever you're ready to change class. If you're in game with no/minimal grinding, usually level 20 (because EXP/levels matter more). But even these are mostly just suggestions. Be smart.

Grind, grind and grind some more. Lost Bloodlines 3 (DLC) is great for this, since it gives the Paragon Skill every time you complete it, which doubles EXP on a character. The map is also quite nice for grinding 3 characters at once (with pair up partners).

Also useful for maxing stats is getting stat boosters from e.g. Merchants and the like, and using them on units with low growths in particular areas. But don't think you have to max *ALL* stats unless you really want to, mind. There's very little reason to max out The Vaike's magic, for example.

It varies. It's very tough early unless you know tricks, hence the name of Frederick Emblem: Avatarening. If you do know the tricks, then thanks to the water trick Fred's really only needed for half of Prologue, so a better name now is Avatar Emblem: Awatering. Beyond chapter 3ish, the difficulty ramps up much more slowly, so the game gets a heck of a lot easier.

I'd recommend hard/CLA for a second run. Heck, I recommend that for a first run. Jumping into Lunatic is possibly, but often just isn't much fun.

Fourth, DLC

Thank you in advance!

Most recommended is generally Future Past, it's the best bit of story in the game, the maps are good fun, and it's challenging. After that it really comes down to what you want from the DLC.
Since minimum EXP caps at 8 per pop, all you really need for grinding is one good Character DLC map. EXPonential growth sounds like it SHOULD be good, but it's really only that good at low levels thanks to enemy placement and leaving the map quickly.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#6infection969(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 5:00:31 PM
Thanks EVeryone!
---
Xbox-Munafo270