Trickster class...

#1Dotang34Posted 8/24/2013 9:45:18 PM
Anything good about it? I'm wanting to do a playthrough in which the character's final class matches what they look and act like. Naturally people like Maribelle will be Valkyrie, Gregor a hero, Vaike a warrior.. etc. etc. I was thinking of making Owain trickster, just because why not. Any suggestions on how to make a trickster good?
---
3DS Friend Code - 4468-1236-2824
Dream Address - 5900-2211-7582 (Come trample my flowers!)
#2TwilightRaverPosted 8/24/2013 9:50:12 PM
Owain should not be a Trickster.

They are not a good class.
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#3ZswordmasterPosted 8/24/2013 9:52:32 PM
Depends on the cap mods of the character, otherwise my default answer is going to be 'throw them a Levin Sword and Rofl'
---
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.
#4guedesbrawlPosted 8/24/2013 9:55:44 PM
can work as a male alternative to Dark Flier as a support, even if it's weaker in the end.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#5Dotang34(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 9:56:41 PM
TwilightRaver posted...
Owain should not be a Trickster.

They are not a good class.

It's not like you need a class to be really great anyways in this game. It's terribly easy as it is. I'm not worried about optimizing my characters. if I were, I wouldn't be making them this way, that's for sure. Just doing whatever feels right. The parents I like, classes and skills I like... I really just don't care too much. Just wondering how one could make the class better.
---
#6rhys855Posted 8/24/2013 10:00:35 PM
Besides Lucky 7 Trickster's don't have much.
---
Best Pony, Twilight Sparkle http://i.imgur.com/QhLuNab.png
#7Dotang34(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:02:34 PM
Oh well. It's not like I can't make him something better later. That's what's great about this game. If I want to make something fun my way, I can. But it's never too late to make them better or alter them. Only thing I can't fix is parents and inherited skills. but then again... I'm sure I can make do.
---
#8guedesbrawlPosted 8/24/2013 10:05:20 PM
Dread Fighter fits him quite well, personality-wise.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#9MalcolmMasherPosted 8/24/2013 10:05:44 PM
There are two main reasons to use Tricksters. Reason number one: style. Reason number two: because you need more staff support, and the Trickster's all you can get. (Well, okay. Reason number three: Lucky Seven is a nice skill.) With swords as their only offensive option, Tricksters tend to rely on Levin Swords for ranged damage, and stores don't normally sell those. And although the class has decent base Speed and Skill, that's about all you can say for their stat line.

Do not let me dissuade you, however; I myself am fond of Trickster Owain, sub-optimal though he may be. For a build, I suggest taking Owain through Swordmaster for Astra and Swordfaire, then slapping those on Trickster alongside Avoid+10, Lucky 7, and whatever he inherited from his father. Nice and quick, and he'll probably appreciate the +5 Magic from Swordfaire/Levin Sword. Do be sure to pair Lissa with someone who has Thief, though, as Owain won't inherit Trickster otherwise.

It's a shame that no playable Trickster gets that sweet hat.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#10Dotang34(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:11:30 PM
So would Henry pass town trickster availability? Also thanks for the info. I was definitely planning on using levin and staff. Might get a rally skill for him for the lulz. Might see about getting him rally magic or something like that. I dunno. My level of care really isn't THAT high, but I do want to pass down something that I might actually use in the future.

This is a lunatic run, but.. meh. I can make do for sure. If people can no grind run, I'm sure I can manage lol.
---