Trickster class...

#11ZswordmasterPosted 8/24/2013 10:13:29 PM
Well, to take things more seriously: Every trickster in the game has access to atleast 6 skills: Locktouch, Move+1, Acrobat, Lucky Seven, Silencer/Lethality, and Pass.

If you're going for a basic purpose character, just dropping Locktouch and keeping the other 5 skills, with a Levin Sword or two, and appropriate Stavage, gives you an INSANELY mobile not-mage-but-totally-is-a-mage to go out and and do pot heals for stranded allies, or pick off of straggling enemies.

Past that, it comes to replacing meh skills for better based on what other classes you have have.

Right off the bat, I can see Lucky Seven getting replaced for a better utility passive, and Lethality getting replaced with a more reliable Activatable. Though, what that boils down to is a matter of opinion.
---
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.
#12Dotang34(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 10:15:59 PM
So it basically this game tends to boil down to "everything is able to be used, but not everything is going to get you the best results"

Glad to hear it. I hate it when my favorite things in games aren't worth anything. *Cough dark souls*
---
3DS Friend Code - 4468-1236-2824
Dream Address - 5900-2211-7582 (Come trample my flowers!)
#13ZswordmasterPosted 8/24/2013 10:53:45 PM
Indeed, pretty much every class has caps that dance between 35-45, (Unless they're a particularly specialized unit, like Generals, who have like a def cap of 50 but a res of only 30.)

at 35 str, and 38 mag, Trickster isn't a particularly 'strong' class, but it's viable, and it's pretty fast in it's own right, holds it own against it's siblings of Assassin and Swordmaster.

I also state all these assuming your not doing a true min-max save, and that you only really plan on seriously tackling Streetpass and the easier/'fun' DLC.

So hey, if you want another red mage, make them a red mage. :D (cause, dat pointy hat. :>)
---
I'm not being rude, you're just insignificant.
*Certified Gifted and talented, thinking on a higher level than 99% of people my age.
#14alucart_77Posted 8/24/2013 11:20:55 PM
MalcolmMasher posted...
With swords as their only offensive option, Tricksters tend to rely on Levin Swords for ranged damage, and stores don't normally sell those.

You can actually get them from the Garden of Giants shop (Priam's paralogue location).
---
See how my thrift arm twitches? It hungers...for justice!
XBL: W1LL 77; playing P4A and BBCSE
#15JarickoPosted 8/24/2013 11:25:51 PM
I really wish the avatar and morgan at least could wear the classes hats :\ or at least give the option to. I want that hat.
---
I like Lances!
#16MalcolmMasherPosted 8/25/2013 2:00:04 AM
So would Henry pass town trickster availability?

Yep. I think the alternatives are Avatar, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, and Gaius.

You can actually get them from the Garden of Giants shop (Priam's paralogue location).

Indeed you can. However, since that shop is only available after you clear the game up through chapter 25 and then beat what is likely the toughest chapter in the game, I do not at all mind describing it as an abnormal purchase opportunity.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#17Frostheat_22Posted 8/25/2013 2:12:56 AM
MalcolmMasher posted...
So would Henry pass town trickster availability?

Yep. I think the alternatives are Avatar, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, and Gaius.

Indeed you can. However, since that shop is only available after you clear the game up through chapter 25 and then beat what is likely the toughest chapter in the game, I do not at all mind describing it as an abnormal purchase opportunity.

just do a rescue route for your strongest pair to Spoiler*Aversa*spoiler*, because you clear the map if you defeat her.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#18MalcolmMasherPosted 8/25/2013 2:20:41 AM
No, Frostheat_22, "likely the toughest chapter in the game" refers to Garden of Giants.
---
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.
#19guedesbrawlPosted 8/25/2013 5:03:52 AM
If you are doing thuis, please make Kellam!Owain. He want's that luna no mater what he is doing.
---
Here's hoping that Chrom will do Aether correctly in SSB4...
#20JarickoPosted 8/25/2013 7:41:27 AM
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/shop_guest.html

In just the first list there are a few people who sell the levin sword.
I think you need internet access at least once to update for this. Then you just summon them and buy the item from them.
---
I like Lances!