Is the Grandmaster class even good at all?

#1TwilightRaverPosted 8/28/2013 6:16:38 AM
They're unmounted Dark Knights and the only worth while things about the class are Ignis and Rally Spectrum.
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#2legendriderPosted 8/28/2013 6:26:50 AM
They're balanced.

That's all I can say really.
It's a balanced class and, yeah, they are pratically unmounted Dark Knights, just don't suffer from the beast weakness and are able to traverse forest/sand/etc. terrain better.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#3ToadsteryPosted 8/28/2013 6:33:39 AM
They are their for balance and having one of the best pair-up bonuses actually...
+7 to Strength/Magic/Skill/Speed at A-Rank support is pretty good.
---
My 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7562-4561 (Aeu)
Being young doesn't mean you should underestimate me!... You can but shouldn't.
#4Misha-HeartPosted 8/28/2013 6:41:24 AM
Just for skills and/or looks. I never stay Grandmaster for long since balanced classes usually are terrible postgame.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!
#5EndgamePosted 8/28/2013 7:21:39 AM(edited)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/67076891

if there were a better balance of enemies with Res, it'd be potentially the best class

but since there isn't, Dark Flier/Sage is the way to go
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6TwilightRaver(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 7:25:35 AM
Well, there's always Apotheosis. Would a father / daughter duo of myself and Morgan as Grandmasters, Ignis, and then using either a forged Brave or Celica, fare well?

Since I suppose the idea is that pairing up two Grandmasters would give a nice balance, and Ignis works well with the balance since damage is added from Str, and I also read that most enemy units in Apotheosis surpass 49 Res, and that Ignis is most effective on such units.
---
Oh, youth... guided by the servant of the goddess...
Unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
#7Misha-HeartPosted 8/28/2013 7:42:22 AM
You can beat anything in Apotheosis as long as you have Limit Break and Brave weapons. If you REALLY want to use Grandmasters that badly, just go for it. It won't make a huge difference in the long run.
---
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
Oh Poor soul who has lost their love, I will make your heart race once more!