Let's get creative!

#141Sea_WyvernPosted 11/11/2013 2:14:27 PM
TwilightRaver posted...
Name: Nova
Effect: Deals five consecutive hits at full damage. Activation rate is Skill/4%.
Learned at: Level 20 of any promoted class with Astra equipped.

Eh, got an issue with the name. Astra's name refers to a meteor shower or shooting star shower, which is what it bases the imagery of many rapid strikes.

Nova is, well...a huge explosion. Doesn't mesh, see? It would make more sense for the skill to be a single hit dealing five times the normal damage.
---
It's about badass o'clock! And we're right on time!
-- MemphisMastermind
#142TwilightRaverPosted 11/11/2013 2:34:06 PM
Hmm... What could I name it to still suggest multiple strikes? Simply calling it "Meteor Shower" or "Star Shower" just sounds too odd to me.
---
Finding the way to the dawn. Liberate this guilty conscience and clear my name.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026.-
#143terminacarnivalPosted 11/11/2013 9:49:58 PM
Name: Defensive stance
Effect: gives the command defend, Which multiplies defense/resistance and luck by 1.5, but Loses 1/3 Speed and strength/Magic
Learned at: Level 20 of any class if passive/aegis is available.
---
Megaman 2 is an unbalanced, overrated and unfun game.Come and get Me!
Official Toad of the Smash bros. 4 boards.
#144Bartre_4TWPosted 11/13/2013 11:44:11 AM
Classes:

Name: Gladiator
Tier: 1
Branches: Promotes to Champion, can re-class to any class excluding female-exclusives
HP: 60
Str: 26
Mag: 20
Skill: 27
Speed: 25
Luk: 30
Def: 25
Res: 20
Mov: 5
Skills: Shield Bash (level 1), Confidence (level 10)
Type: Foot Soldier
Weapons: Sword, Magic
In-game Description: Warriors who await the next battle with glee. They use a shield in combat.

Name: Champion
Tier: 2
Branches: Re-classes to any non-female class
HP: 80
Str: 47
Mag: 25
Skill: 48
Speed: 45
Luk: 50
Def: 45
Res: 39
Mov: 6
Skills: Holy Shield (level 5), Adrenaline Rush (level 15)
Type:
Weapons: Swords, Bows, Magic
Description: A soldier blessed by the Divine Dragon herself. Can now use bows.

Skills:

Name: Shield Bash
Effect: Has a chance to activate an additional attack with their shield for a damage output equal to the user's strength.
Chance to Activate: (Skill/2)%
Learned at: Level 1 Gladiator

Name: Confidence
Effect: Hit and Avoid + 10% when at a weapon disadvantage (i.e. if the user is using a sword, Confidence is active when fighting a Soldier or Knight).
Learned at: Level 10 Gladiator

Name: Holy Shield
Effect: Has a chance to deflect or reflect an enemy's spell with their shield.
Chance to Activate (DEFLECT): (Skill/2)%
Chance to Activate (REFLECT): (Skill/4)%
Learned at: Level 5 Champion

Name: Adrenaline Rush
Effect: When HP is less than or equal to 50%, Strength, Skill, and Speed increase by x1.5. When HP is less than or equal to 25%, Strength, Skill, and Speed double. When HP is less than or equal to 10%, Strength, Skill, and Speed triple.
Learned at: Level 15 Champion
#145Sea_WyvernPosted 11/13/2013 1:34:38 PM
Bartre_4TW posted...
Effect: When HP is less than or equal to 50%, Strength, Skill, and Speed increase by x1.5. When HP is less than or equal to 25%, Strength, Skill, and Speed double. When HP is less than or equal to 10%, Strength, Skill, and Speed triple.

HOO BOY. Heeelloooo new skill to go with VVW for a nearly invincible killing machine.

So basically, souped-up Resolve.
---
-- MemphisMastermind
#146Airship_CanonPosted 11/13/2013 1:37:03 PM
Sea_Wyvern posted...
Bartre_4TW posted...

HOO BOY. Heeelloooo new skill to go with VVW for a nearly invincible killing machine.

You need to be using Physical weapons for that since it says STR.
---
Do you Remember these Mechanized Memories? For the Spirit of the Mother Will Comes Again.
#147TwilightRaverPosted 11/13/2013 3:09:37 PM
But still, it's pretty easy to get to 1 HP by using opponents who have Counter and damaging yourself into the danger zone.

Okay, here's an obscure one, but it's basically a free Armsthrift + Miracle for Lucina, but it's... a DLC skill.

Name: Undying Hope
Effect: Weapons equipped by the user will never break, and the user has a % Luk chance of surviving a fatal blow.
Learned at: Lucina will learn this if she delivers the final blow to Grima in the Future Past 3 and levels up from him (unless Grima doesn't give EXP, can't remember right now, so if he doesn't, then omit the leveling up part).

Now I feel like making more obscure, second gen specific skills.

Name: Test of Valour
Effect: Skill% chance of adding an extra hit to your attacks, much like Adept of previous games.
Learned at: Morgan will learn this if he or she defeats their evil counterpart in the Future Past 1 or 2. He or she will have a little chat with their counterpart, wondering what's going on with them and why they've become evil, wondering if your Morgan will end up being as evil as they were. In the end, your Morgan will resolve to be better than that and not be swayed by Grima.

Name: Critical Analysis
Effect: Ignores the last skill that the enemy unit has equipped. Unfortunately, this cannot ignore Lunatic+ unique skills and Dragonskin. However, it will ignore the next skill if available. For instance, a Berserker has Vengeance and Vantage+, Vantage+ cannot be ignored, but Vengeance will be. Will always be active whether the user is attacking or being attacked.
Learned at: Laurent will learn this if he stands next to his counterpart in the Future Past 3 and then levels up in the map.

Name: Minerva's Might
Effect: Protects the user against effective damage of any kind (like Bows against flying units), and gives the user +5 Str.
Learned at: Gerome will learn this if he stands next to his counterpart in the Future Past 3 and then levels up in the map.

Name: Glory Seeker
Effect: +2 All Stats when paired up, and +10% Hit and Crit Rate for every player unit adjacent to the user.
Learned at: Severa will learn this if she stands next to her counterpart in the Future Past 3 and then levels up in the map.

I'll get around to the rest soon enough.
---
#148Sea_WyvernPosted 11/13/2013 6:05:59 PM
TwilightRaver posted...
Effect: +2 All Stats when paired up, and +10% Hit and Crit Rate for every player unit adjacent to the user.
Learned at: Severa will learn this if she stands next to her counterpart in the Future Past 3 and then levels up in the map.

Admittedly, I haven't gotten around to playing Future Past yet, so I don't know how Severa's personality is there, but wouldn't something like "Glory Seeker" befit more someone like...oh, I dunno, Cynthia?
---
-- MemphisMastermind
#149Bartre_4TWPosted 11/13/2013 8:01:59 PM
Airship_Canon posted...
Sea_Wyvern posted...
Bartre_4TW posted...

You need to be using Physical weapons for that since it says STR.

Hm...that's quite true. However, I gave it some thought, and I still think Magic shouldn't be included simply because of range; if a Champion has a tome equipped, the game is broken and they're now an unstoppable killing machine. Give them a sword or bow, and they're restricted to either close or long range (not including if you give them the Ragnell or Amatsu). I feel like it makes Adrenaline Rush not so "game-breaky", IMO.
#150TwilightRaverPosted 11/13/2013 10:43:31 PM
Sea_Wyvern posted...
TwilightRaver posted...

Admittedly, I haven't gotten around to playing Future Past yet, so I don't know how Severa's personality is there, but wouldn't something like "Glory Seeker" befit more someone like...oh, I dunno, Cynthia?

I was thinking that the glory that Severa would be seeking is the glory and legacy that her mother, an ace knight Ylisse, has left upon Severa to live up to.

For Cynthia, I'll think of something else that still ties into her heroics.
---