How important is marriage/children?

#1refmonPosted 9/2/2013 6:51:41 AM(edited)
I'm only on chapter 9 but should I already be trying to pair up every man and woman?
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#2IlluminaZer0Posted 9/2/2013 6:55:31 AM(edited)
First playthrough was hard/classic no grind I didn't use children at all. I didn't even do their paralogues, actually.

Due to the children starting at lv 10 base, it's questionable whether most are worth using unless you are willing to grind. However if you are willing to grind, any unit will be quite good.

I would suggest just playing in a manner that feels natural first playthrough, then consider pairings if you intend to do a "complete" run. It's a bit too easy to trivialize the game if you overly meta-game or grind.
---
Official claimant of Mem Aleph for the theoretic cause of promoting Shin Megami Tensei IV of the 3DS.
#3I_eat_tablesPosted 9/2/2013 8:31:27 AM
The children are very strong, but not needed at all. In particular, it's very important to NOT try and pair everyone up, since it just burns you out and gives you a huge wad of sub-par children since their parents are all underlevelled. But pairing up people in your main team is worthwhile. The children will typically start only a little weaker than their parents, but due to starting at a level 10 base, and inheriting two (hopefully awesome) skills, will level very quickly compared to said parents and quickly surpass them.
---
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -Reiner Knizia
#4HubnnickPosted 9/2/2013 6:15:39 PM
They can help on map and you need them and it part of the game plus it the way of the game how it goes.

Other people might said don't get them but think about the bond you need for Avatar