CYOA: Heroes of Yore 2

#1SwordMasterEXPosted 9/7/2013 2:43:49 PM
I'm finally back from my vacation on the River Styx :D. So without further Ado let's get this show on the road!

Link to original: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/66380692

"Professor!" The sage is awoken with a startle. He begins looking for the source of his wake up call, and gradually looks up a tree to see an annoyed thief glaring at him with dagger like eyes.

"Ah, so that's where you've been hiding Selena. I must've dozed off. Can you remind me where we left off?" She shifts her gaze from daggers to ice picks, but retains her anger.

"Well some people died, there was a vision involving fate, and you spent the rest of the time telling us how in love two people were! And why was one of the twin snakes of creation portrayed as such an a******!? I mean it's not like Aeon is sugar, spice, and everything nice." The professor finishes stretching in his seat only offering a hand wave to the thief.

"We'll get to the plot soon enough just allow the characters to be introduced first. Anyways two of our heroes were about to square off, and Jack are you sleeping?" The merc's drool forms a small pool in the forest floor. The sage gives a thunderous clap that creates... well thunder. Jack jumps off of his seat like a scared hound pointing his sword at everyone in the group. As he gradually awakens from his nightmarish state he puts his sword away. He begins clearing his throat clearly embarrassed of his actions.

"Umm sorry about that folks. It seems my nap was just a little longer than the professor's; anyone want to help me catch up on what I missed?"

"Don't worry Jack you didn't miss anything, but I'm pretty sure Kali took your revolver out of its holster."

"That's absurd my revolver is right her- Hey where'd it go! You didn't actually take it did you cousin?" Though not taking her gaze off the ground she produces the gun in question from behind her back.

"It was disturbing your rest. I pulled it out so you would sleep better. By the way where did you even get this thing? Even my custom made sniper rifle isn't as strange as this." Jack takes back his revolver twirling it before slamming it back into its holster.

"An old contract. Heh. Heh Heh. It was a pretty good kill too. Bastard even had the gall to say we were exactly the same, as if it was the climax of some old movie. This gun is special even as far as magic guns go."

"Well" the professor interrupts "I'm sure you can tell us the enthralling tale some other time, but we are here for a reason. Now mind your manners Jack. As I was saying, two of our heroes were about to square off..."

--------------
POV Dante
--------------

Whatever reason she had for wanting a duel is beyond you, but anything to get your mind off recent events is a welcome change. The two of you begin circling each other trying to look for a crack in the others defense. There's something different about Tatsu this time. She has a determined look in her eyes, as if she can actually best you for once.
---
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
#2SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 2:45:54 PM
She may have accumulated a large amount of experience since your initial journey, but for her to surpass you it would require more than her natural aptitude. Heh this will be fun after all. You test her defenses with a basic horizontal slash only to have it deflected. She counters with a hard kick to your solar plexus easily knocking the wind out of you. Girl can kick that's for sure. Before you have a chance to strike again, she advances towards you with a flurry of well aimed slashes that knock you off balance. Your swords cross causing the sound of sharpened iron clashing with silver to echo through the clearing. She pushes back your blade causing you to lose more ground quickly. Damn she's too fast! She suddenly becomes a blur attacking from all directions at once. The white flash of her blade overwhelms your defenses and Chaosbreaker goes flying into the air. By the time you hear the sword's tip sinking into the soft ground, the cold edge of her blade is already pressed against your neck. In between warm breaths she asks

"So how was that?" snapping out of your trance, you simply tell her.

"Better than I expected." she backs off a few feet stating in a disappointed tone

"That's all?" You pick up Chaosbreaker slinging the massive blade over your shoulder. The wide arc lets loose an intense gust of wind.

“It was certainly more than I thought you capable of, but you caught me off guard.” Swinging down the blade, you stop it right before it hits the ground. The blade’s tip touches the tip of a blade of grass as the wind passes by, almost as if nature was calling for a pause between their battle. Looking back with a confident smile you say “If you truly want a dance between swords, then raise your weapon again and let me show you a good time.” She re-enters her battle stance returning his smile.

“So you went easy on me. Is that it? Well then I hope you can live up to that promise Dante. I’m a hard woman to please after all.” That was all that needed to be said before the two rushed towards one another again.

This time you begin the duel by dashing at her with a thrust. Chaosbreaker extended you dig your boots into the ground and begin stabbing the air. She gracefully dodges each strike finding an opening in the 11th which she uses to get in close proximity to you. She tries to turn around and deliver an upward slash, but you counter it with a circular spin of your blade. Her weapon goes flying into the air; however, this doesn’t slow her down one bit. She propels herself into the air by jumping off your chest knocking you down in the process. Before you can recover she lands on your mid section. Both of you drop your blades and she places her hands on your chest.

“Ready to admit defeat now?”

“Guess you really are getting better at this.” You’re suddenly distracted by a mage’s voice coming across the clearing.

“I told you she’d mount him. Now I believe there’s a matter of some gold to settle Anahita.” She begrudgingly takes some gold out of a pouch on her robe.
---
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
#3Neosephiroth666Posted 9/7/2013 3:02:42 PM
Yay! HoY is back! Also, TatsuxDante confirmed for OTP. I can definitely ship DAT. Anime logic= being defeated by girl who winds up on top of you is a sign of true love.
---
"I give hope to men, yet I keep none for myself." -Aragorn, TLotR
We dance, we cry, we die, and into the night we fly.
#4Cheesepower5Posted 9/7/2013 3:04:25 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Yay! HoY is back! Also, TatsuxDante confirmed for OTP. I can definitely ship DAT. Anime logic= being defeated by girl who winds up on top of you is a sign of true love.

I can back that, what guy can really say they have qualms with being dominated every once in a while? :P
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#5SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 2:56:47 PM
Bump because I can't update today. It's my cousins birthday and I'll be gone all day.
---
#6Cheesepower5Posted 9/11/2013 12:43:05 PM
The bumptruck has arrived!
---
We are the champions, but me most of all!
Official Eikichi Mishina of all MegaTen boards.
#7SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 2:49:16 AM
“Fine. Here’s your winnings, but you also said he would rip off her clothes and I don’t see that happening.” Evangelos carelessly counts his winnings before putting them away.

“And that’s why you only paid me half. So how about some dinner team? I’ll take the winner hunting, and why don’t you take the runner up gathering Anita?”

“Hmm all right, but don’t bring back anything bigger than a human. Got it?”

“Understood. Now if you’re finished with your ride, please join me on this hunt Tatsu.” She gives Evangelos an angry look, clearly annoyed with your mage.

"I'm doing no such thing. The only thing that happened is I won." Well this seems like a perfect opportunity to tease her. Sitting up you push back her hair taking her attention.

"Aww, but your steed enjoyed himself so much. Are you saying I wasn't enough?" She stares at you with a bright red blush in bewilderment for a brief moment, and her body gets noticeably warmer. She grabs the nearest sword and dashes towards the woods.

"H- hurry up Evangelos we've got to make up for lost time!"

"Quite the eccentric one when she grabs a hold of your blade isn't she?" Evangelos looks at an empty spot next to you where Chaosbreaker was resting. "Seeing as I don't want to be left behind I must be going now." And with those parting words he follows suit and disappears into the woods.

"Well big guy it seems like we're left to gather firewood and such. Why don't you put those big, strong arms to use and help me carry some?" The smiling cleric immediately turns around to leave expecting you to naturally follow her. No use in just sitting around I guess. You pick up Tatsu's blade and follow the sound of Anahita's whistling.

While collecting firewood you notice that this forest is packed more densely than most with the undergrowth piled up like it is. A fire in this place could probably prove devastating. You also notice some herbs Ashe showed you to spot that can really help make the fire more aromatic.

"Hey Anahita you mind picking up some of those herbs?" She seems reluctant to at first, but eventually does as you ask.

"These right? what do we need these herbs for?"

"It's a little trick Ashe taught me to keep bugs away and help cook fresh kills. I was surprised myself when I first tried it, but apparently that sage there works wonders." She giggles and you soon realize why.

"It seems you really rely a lot on sages huh? One to enhance your fires and one to sass you at every turn. By the way who's this Ashe person you and Tatsu mention?" Ah that uncontrollable bundle of energy. Well it doesn't seem like there's any harm in telling Anahita about her.

"Ashe is many things: Evangelos' only apprentice, Tatsu's little sister, one of the greatest chefs to ever walk, a friend to nature, and I'm convinced she is composed of 90% energy. You might of gotten to meet her if she wasn't still returning from her 6 month study in the flying magic city."

"She ventured to Embla, the Magical Fortress by herself!? But that place is guarded so heavily! No one's allowed in without word of the King."

"No one said she did it by herself. We all went together with Lilith. Apparently Medain, The Sage of Infinite Wisdom, owed Lilith a favor."

"How do you know Lilith?" Her sudden shift in tone certainly grabs your attention to say the least.

"We met her back during an old job when we still went by the Spiral Mercenaries. She's actually how we got the name Devil May Cry Mercenaries. Now how do you know her Anita?"
------
TBC
------

I'd write more, but I have work in the morning.
---
It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
#8Neosephiroth666Posted 9/14/2013 7:15:36 PM
Bump. Don't you dare die on me, HoY.
---
"I give hope to men, yet I keep none for myself." -Aragorn, TLotR
We dance, we cry, we die, and into the night we fly.
#9SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 10:47:40 PM
Neosephiroth666 posted...
Bump. Don't you dare die on me, HoY.

But I already did :O. That said I've been working all day, so the update will probably in about 2-3 hours.
---
It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
#10SwordMasterEX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 4:32:48 AM
"Oh you know... umm an old acquaintance just like you. Ha ha... ha.. ha?" She's clearly lying or perhaps just leaving out the rest of her story. Perhaps it's the full moon shining down, but you feel playfully mischievous tonight. Freeing up one hand you gently pull her in closer to you.

"Is that the whole story? I wonder, what secrets lie behind those eyes, lie waiting on your tongue, under this robe. I wonder are you actually who you say you are? Is a sweet, innocent cleric the same person you are in the dark?" After the last spoken words she seems to undergo a mild transformation. Her hair changes from an indigo shade to an onyx, almost pure black tone, growing in length from her shoulders down to her waist. Her eyes visibly darken from their original lavender tone to a vivid magenta. And you could almost swear she had small horns sprouting from the top of her head. But most surprisingly of all she doesn't seem to leave your embrace. Just the opposite really. She actually comes in closer, and it is only then that you notice an intoxicating smell in the air. One that draws you in like the rolling breezes of spring. And the moonlight seems to put a spotlight on the moment you share with her.

"Oh Dante, surely your know better than to try prying open a woman's secrets. A true gentleman would respect a lady's privacy; he wouldn't go around digging for answers that shouldn't be found. You must know at least this much by now." In her tender embrace the world around you practically melts away. Until you remember why you went out in the first place. By the time she steps out of your arm she is back to normal. No sign of the enchantress remains, but at least your head is clear again. She becomes the first to break the silence.

"So now that your mind is no longer focused on what's under my robe why don't you lead the way back?"

"Oh. Right I believe we came this way." After walking for what seemed like an hour, you and Anahita come back into the clearing finding Evangelos with an entire Boar tossed over his shoulders while Tatsu cleans Chaosbreaker. Calling out to them with your free hand, you try to get their attention, but they seem to be focused on a shining object in Tatsu's palm. Once you're in their immediate vicinity you ask them about it.

"Where'd you find this medallion?" The object in question was a solid gold, jewel encrusted piece of jewelery that would most likely belong to a wealthy merchant. Evangelos answers your question, but it doesn't make anything clearer.

"It's certainly a strange piece. We found it on a corpse. However all that was left of it was a charred skeleton."
---
Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally.